GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Next.

We all know MTV used to play music videos. In fact, it exclusively used to play music videos.

When MTV first began broadcasting,

what was the first video they played?

Just in case I missed it, I'll answer this "Video Killed the Radio Star", and I'm guessing that WordWolf got the B-side song to Hey Jude.  However, if he did I didn't know about it especially since this thread started a new page.   What was the answer WordWolf?  I could go back and look I guess, but this way is more fun.

Edited by Human without the bean

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Just in case I missed it, I'll answer this "Video Killed the Radio Star", and I'm guessing that WordWolf got the B-side song to Hey Jude.  However, if he did I didn't know about it especially since this thread started a new page.   What was the answer WordWolf?  I could go back and look I guess, but this way is more fun.

Raf posted that the answer was "Revolution." He posted a movie question, and judged my answer close enough to count as correct.  So, I posted this one, which you answered CORRECTLY.

The Buggles' one hit was nicely symbolic for MTV coming in and changing the music landscape. 

7 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Normally we wait for a "right" response don't we?  But not in this case.   Now,

Which non-kicking NFL player holds the record for the most points scored in NFL history?

Assuming that passing touchdowns are counted for the receiver, not the quarterback, I'm going with a running back.

Eric Dickerson?

George

39 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Assuming that passing touchdowns are counted for the receiver, not the quarterback, I'm going with a running back.

Eric Dickerson?

George

That's right, quarterbacks can score touchdowns but not get points for passing touchdowns.  But no, it's not Eric Dickerson.

30 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I don't think the current players are sports fans.

That's fine with me.  I'll come up with something else then.

Anyway, the leading scorer in the NFL is and has been since 2004 Jerry Rice. 

New trivia question:

One of the most famously popular movies to come out of the 1960's was "Mrs. Robinson".  Anyone who ever saw the movie and remembers the cover on the DVD remembers  Dustin Hoffman standing in the hotel room with his suit jacket on and he's looking towards the bed where Mrs. Robinson is putting on her nylons.  Famous picture right?  Well, those were not Anne Bancroft's legs.   Whose were they?'

11 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The movie, BTW, was "The Graduate."  Not sure whose legs.  (Since Bancroft has a full frontal nude scene, why would they use a body double for her legs?)

George

Yes, an oversight.  Thank you.  "The Graduate" has a soundtrack with all Simon & Garfunkel songs so I must have had "Mrs. Robinson" on my mind.  Good catch George.

Well, lets clear something up first.  The Graduate is the movie.  Thanks again George.  I was unaware until now, that it wasn't the legs of Anne Bancroft in the movie but it was on the movie poster of "The Graduate".  So let me rephrase a little and ask Which actresses legs were in the movie poster from "The Graduate".  It actually came on last night and I was watching the scene in the movie and when she sat putting her nylons on I could see Anne Bancroft lean into the picture.  Strange how things work some times.

So if anyone playing is not caught up, back up to here, and I'm asking about the classic movie poster for "The Graduate" from 1967 (edit).  Anne Bancroft's legs were not in the poster.  Who's were?

Edited by Human without the bean

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm glad we got that straightened out.  :anim-smile:

Still no idea whose legs they were, though I might have known at one time.  Can we narrow it down a bit?  Was she another famous actress at the time?  A model?

George

At the time, she was not an actress and a relative unknown.   She was modeling yes, and she did become a Classic TV icon.

I've done some googling and apparently she was given $25 for her shot, not the $75 that I thought.  Let's give her a name then, "Her legs" gained stardom in an iconic television drama during the years 1978-1989.  By coincidence I suppose, she went on to star in the West End Theatre production of "The Graduate" in 2001, as Mrs. Robinson.  No more hints after this.

Charlene Tilton and Heather Locklear are too young.

Linda Evans... doesn't match 1978. And it wasn't Joan Collins. So that rules out Dynasty.

So Dallas.

Victoria Principal ... too young to be an older woman's leg 

Basedon hints I'm gonna go with Linda Gray from Dallas

1 hour ago, Raf said:

Charlene Tilton and Heather Locklear are too young.

Linda Evans... doesn't match 1978. And it wasn't Joan Collins. So that rules out Dynasty.

So Dallas.

Victoria Principal ... too young to be an older woman's leg 

Basedon hints I'm gonna go with Linda Gray from Dallas

Yes, you got it.  Linda Gray.  Why doesn't she match 1978?  Was she cast later?  I don't know.  She is listed in "Dallas" as having been in the cast in 1978.  Linda Gray is listed as an unaccredited actor on her IMDB webpage for "The Graduate".  She had nice legs.  She revealed it public-ally the first time in 2013.

Three-part question, and you gotta get all three (otherwise, what's the fun?)

1. Only twice in Oscars history have two actors won for playing the same character.

The first time, it was the same character in the same movie series. Name the actors and the role.

2. The second time, it was the same character in different interpretations (one actor's version of the character had no bearing on the other's). Name the actors and the role.

3. There was one instance in which two actresses were nominated for playing the same character in the same movie. Neither actress won, but the movie did very well that night. Name the actresses and EITHER the role or the movie.