GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

4 hours ago, Raf said:

And now Carlin's voice is in my head saying goodbye to 20 people in a row at a party

But he stopped saying, "Ok, TAKE IT EASY."

He switched to "Farewell. Farewell til we meet again.  Peace be with you. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

52 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

But he stopped saying, "Ok, TAKE IT EASY."

He switched to "Farewell. Farewell til we meet again.  Peace be with you. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

What is that,  "Spaceballs"?  And yes, Jackson Brown wrote "Take It Easy", right this instant, I just got that WordWolf, take it easy.  Got it.  Very good.  Anyway, the way Jackson Brown explains it, Glenn Frey wouldn't stop bugging him to finish the uncompleted "Take It Easy", explaining "alright go ahead and finish it. Do it".  So stuck in the second verse with, "Well, I'm a-standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona"  Frey finished the verse with "Such a fine sight to see. It's a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to take a look at me."  Browne was very happy with the result.  There is even a statue on the corner of 2nd and Kinsley ave. in Winslow Arizona.  TakeItEasy_3.jpg  You're up, WordWolf.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

We were referencing "Carlin at Carnegie", when he had a whole set on ways to say "hello" and "goodbye."

But the subtle remark about "Take It Easy" was a genuine answer I hope?  Otherwise, I would still keep the round.

Edited by Human without the bean

4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

But the subtle remark about "Take It Easy" was a genuine answer I hope?  Otherwise, I would still keep the round.

The post where I used the words "Take it Easy" was a genuine answer.   (The other post just hinted at the answer.)

Ok, here's a trivia question with 2 parts. 

I think all of you know who Redd Foxx was- black comedian, black actor, starred in "Sanford and Son", etc.

Redd Foxx was his stage name.

1) What was the legal name of Redd Foxx's father?

2) What was the cause of death of Redd Foxx?

(These are not trick questions, just odd questions.)

It's an odd question I would agree.  What was his dad's legal name?  Probably not to many people on the planet know that.  But most people I think do know what caused Red Foxx's death.  That's pretty common knowledge.

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

It's an odd question I would agree.  What was his dad's legal name?  Probably not to many people on the planet know that.  But most people I think do know what caused Red Foxx's death.  That's pretty common knowledge.

I wouldn't bother asking his dad's name if you couldn't at least guess it.  And it's 2 "x"s and 2 "d"s, Redd Foxx.

I'm gonna guess that these are easy guesses.

Redd Foxx's father was Fred Sanford.

And he died of a heart attack in front of people whe were annoying him  so naturally they thought he was faking it. "Hang on Elizabeth! I'm coming to join you!"

4 hours ago, Raf said:

I'm gonna guess that these are easy guesses.

Redd Foxx's father was Fred Sanford.

And he died of a heart attack in front of people whe were annoying him  so naturally they thought he was faking it. "Hang on Elizabeth! I'm coming to join you!"

Correct!

Close enough, anyway.

1) His dad WAS Fred Sanford.

2) He was among friends and had a heart attack. They were so sure he was fooling that they delayed getting an ambulance.

Joyce Sirola isn't particularly famous. Especially not as Joyce Sirola. But you've heard her better known name. You probably think she's dead, too. She's not. In fact, Joyce Sirola, better known as ________ __________, is the last surviving cast member of _____________________.

The professional first name really is Joyce.

I was surprised to learn she is still alive.

She is 98. Not sure how long she's been married.

Edited by Raf

No, let me repeat the clue:

Joyce Sirola isn't particularly famous. Especially not as Joyce Sirola. But you've heard her better known name. You probably think she's dead, too. She's not. In fact, Joyce Sirola, better known as _JOYCE_ __________, is the last surviving cast member of _____________________. Her professional name really is Joyce and she's 98. But I don't know how long she's been married.

Edited by Raf

So I'm looking online for nothing special when I notice on MSN where the headline reads, "The Last Living cast member of "_____________________" and there it is stuck in front of my face.  I didn't open it but the timeline of the television series could fit the 98 yr. old actress.  Plus I think her name is Joyce.  So by default I will sit the rest of this one out.

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

So I'm looking online for nothing special when I notice on MSN where the headline reads, "The Last Living cast member of "_____________________" and there it is stuck in front of my face.  I didn't open it but the timeline of the television series could fit the 98 yr. old actress.  Plus I think her name is Joyce.  So by default I will sit the rest of this one out.

Since you didn't look for the answer, you didn't cheat, it hit you in the hands.  Go ahead and give the answer.