GreaseSpot Cafe

"I must be right because everyone is insisting I am wrong!"

WordWolf

58 minutes ago, So_crates said:

And again, why did you say you were going to copyright Raf's position post on the Absent Christ.

I was testing your sense of humor; you failed. 
That was a joke too.
Did you fail again?

I can help you. 

Just send me $100 plus a tape of you telling your best jokes, and then you can send me your free evaluation. 

You too can be a famous comedian, by signing up for the Famous Comedians School!  

(The Firesign Theater loaned me this blurb.)

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

That was a joke too.
Did you fail again?

I can help you. 

Just send me $100 plus a tape of you telling your best jokes, and then you can send me your free evaluation. 

You too can be a famous comedian, by signing up for the Famous Comedians School!  

Typical troll tactic, make a statement, then when called on it, try to palm it's irrationality off as a joke.

1 minute ago, So_crates said:

Typical troll tactic, make a statement, then when called on it, try to palm it's irrationality off as a joke.

Playing the jester . . . Make the other person look like stuffy and ossified one.

Better tactic is begin with more overt and obvious jokes peppered in, then gradually become subtle as the audience's inhibitions drop

18 minutes ago, So_crates said:

15 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Playing the jester . . . Make the other person look like stuffy and ossified one.

Better tactic is begin with more overt and obvious jokes peppered in, then gradually become subtle as the audience's inhibitions drop

Its obvious mike seems to lack the ability to deal with people here honestly in a discussion setting. Makes me wonder if he also lacks the ability to be honest with himself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Its obvious mike seems to lack the ability to deal with people here honestly in a discussion setting. Makes me wonder if he also lacks the ability to be honest with himself.

When Pinocchio learned to be honest with himself and hear the cricket, he began making selfless decisions.

• Like 1

He claims he was a standup comic for - what-  5 years ? - I can’t imagine a venue actually paying him for his schtick…maybe he didn’t get paid …maybe it was open-Mike night. Ba dum bum dish.

I mean if his material and delivery was anything like it is here then I can under - - oh wait a minute…material and delivery - - well I’ll be doggone ! It must be open-Mike night here too…at least this joint doesn’t have a cover charge. :mooner:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That was a joke too.
Did you fail again?

I can help you. 

Sounds like as a comedian you and Carlos Mencia have a lot in common.

Funny plagiarism is even more of a deal on the comedy scene.

8 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Sounds like as a comedian you and Carlos Mencia have a lot in common.

Funny plagiarism is even more of a deal on the comedy scene.

But...but...those jokes werent God breatheeeed!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

But...but...those jokes werent God breatheeeed!!!!!!!!!!!

God can’t breathe jokes. Even if He’s willing, he’s unable.

For 2000 years God was unable to teach. That’s riiiight. Hey! I didn’t say it, Victor did.

If you don’t know when, where and how (H-O-W) to limit God, how will you ever MAKE it fit?

Absorb it. 

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

God can’t breathe jokes. Even if He’s willing, he’s unable.

For 2000 years God was unable to teach. That’s riiiight. Hey! I didn’t say it, Victor did.

If you don’t know when, where and how (H-O-W) to limit God, how will you ever MAKE it fit?

Absorb it. 

Man o Man --- I never realised how limited God Almighty truly is....I mean...what can he actually do? He cant speak directly to his creation without spirit...oh...I know what he can do..according to some...he can make holograms of Jesus to fool the Apostles that we fellowship with by reading what they wrote 2000 years later. Oh....wait...God can also contradict himself and sanction people to lie by stealing their intellectual property, claim it as their own, and copyright it so nobody else can use it...:rolleyes:...Im really absorbing now...

Sing along everybody! " We have a really really limited God...Weve got a really really limited God...a God who impersonates his own son, causes us to lie and steal...a really really limited God...."

Thankfully God Almight is none of the above....this is how ridiculous mike's claims actually are...stating the obvious for those reading along.

Edited by OldSkool

4 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Man o Man --- I never realised how limited God Almighty truly is....I mean...what can he actually do? He cant speak directly to his creation without spirit...oh...I know what he can do..according to some...he can make holograms of Jesus to fool the Apostles that we fellowship with by reading what they wrote 2000 years later. Oh....wait...God can also contradict himself and sanction people to lie by stealing their intellectual property, claim it as their own, and copyright it so nobody else can use it...:rolleyes:...Im really absorbing now...

Sing along everybody! " We have a really really limited God...Weve got a really really limited God...a God who impersonates his own son, causes us to lie and steal...a really really limited God...."

Thankfully God Almight is none of the above....this is how ridiculous mike's claims actually are...stating the obvious for those reading along.

Boy, that’s a dandy!

The way you put it all together so that it fits, that’s some original work, I tell ya. 

44 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

he can make holograms of Jesus to fool the Apostles that we fellowship with by reading what they wrote 2000 years later.

Make a holograph?! What the--

Was God an Anunnaki, one of the supposed race of ancient astronauts? Well, I'm thankful he remember to bring his holograph project with him on that long journey from another star.

Edited by So_crates

28 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Make a holograph?! What the--

Was God an Anunnaki, one of the supposed race of ancient astronauts? Well, I'm thankful he remember to bring his holograph project with him on that long journey from another star.

You cant make it up. There is no boundary mike will not move to make the Bible fit with what wierwille said. I edited the quote but used the quote function so you can find it. Edit meaning kept the parts where mike says God sends a projected vision --- hologram is my intrepretation of this ridiculousness --- ...all of this in response to a list of verses I compiled that show Jesus personal interaction with his Church in the book of Acts. But wierwille said Christ is absent so God sends projections of Jesus and then records in scripture that Jesus himself communicated with people...once again making God a liar according to mikey.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mike said:

I don't see any functional difference between a personal re-visit and a projection.  What is important is that the job gets done.....

......It is a CHANGED configuration for his interactions between the Ascension and the Return.

All your Blue Scripture List items can be handled this way. The absent Jesus either re-visits or is projected in a vision. 

God is obviously happy with the current arrangement of him being "received by a cloud" or "not known after the flesh" or any of the other descriptions of his current state "at the right hand of God."

22 minutes ago, waysider said:

Except for the PFAL class.

(Stand by for incoming rationalization.)

I’m picturing Waysider with one of those Hot-Air Raid Warning helmets blowing the whistle 

4 hours ago, So_crates said:

So, God, who claims he's a just and loving God, would take the bread out of one of his kids mouth and give to another one. Not a very just and loving thing to do.

Ohhh!  You’re breaking my heart for those poor victims!  Men of God that are robbed blind of the just rewards for their writing and teaching efforts.  Booo hoooo~   They will have to wait all the way to the Return of Christ to be paid back!  What do they do during the interim???

Oh! But WAIT!  

I haven’t mentioned this in YEARS to the broken hearts here, sobbing uncontrollably for the victims of VPW stealing their soul from them.

Have you calculated how much FREE ADVERTISING that Kenyon, Stiles, BG Leonard, and all the others got from VPW’s efforts? 

You were sensitive enough earlier on this thread, to recognize the free advertising that the SNL tapes were for TWI.  Those “free advertising” brain circuits should still be warm, and able to recognize how VPW was a major advertising agent for Kenyon, Stiles, etc. 

I would imagine that all those ministries got quite a shot in the arm from all the PFAL grads who bought their books, because they were impressed at how VPW endorsed them. I know I am an example of someone who contributed to them, because of VPW.

Has anyone done any research into this?  I doubt it.  Why would anyone here WANT to find such evidence?  It would be anti-blasphemy against the anti-idol…..   Oops!  wait a minute….   Maybe that should be straight-up blasphemy? or anti-blasphemy?  Gotta be careful to avoid the glitches Bizzarro Superman often runs into.

3 hours ago, So_crates said:

So sorry if I fooled you into thinking I was going to copyright Raf's post for my own.

LoL

Has this been a problem for you just recently, or does it go back into your past a bit?  How do you handle April 1st each year? 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ohhh!  You’re breaking my heart for those poor victims!  Men of God that are robbed blind of the just rewards for their writing and teaching efforts.  Booo hoooo~   They will have to wait all the way to the Return of Christ to be paid back!  What do they do during the interim???

Oh! But WAIT!  

I haven’t mentioned this in YEARS to the broken hearts here, sobbing uncontrollably for the victims of VPW stealing their soul from them.

Have you calculated how much FREE ADVERTISING that Kenyon, Stiles, BG Leonard, and all the others got from VPW’s efforts? 

You were sensitive enough earlier on this thread, to recognize the free advertising that the SNL tapes were for TWI.  Those “free advertising” brain circuits should still be warm, and able to recognize how VPW was a major advertising agent for Kenyon, Stiles, etc. 

I would imagine that all those ministries got quite a shot in the arm from all the PFAL grads who bought their books, because they were impressed at how VPW endorsed them. I know I am an example of someone who contributed to them, because of VPW.

Has anyone done any research into this?  I doubt it.  Why would anyone here WANT to find such evidence?  It would be anti-blasphemy against the anti-idol…..   Oops!  wait a minute….   Maybe that should be straight-up blasphemy? or anti-blasphemy?  Gotta be careful to avoid the glitches Bizzarro Superman often runs into.

That is an easy calculation.  It is zero.

Because he plagiarized as opposed to attributing his sources.  

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Those “free advertising” brain circuits should still be warm, and able to recognize how VPW was a major advertising agent for Kenyon, Stiles, etc. 

:jump:

So in addition to being a thief he was an advertising agent.

:smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid:

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

And, to take it a step further, if intellectual property rights dont matter then why is the way international so agressive in suing any perceived/actual copyright infringement when they feel someone is using their copyrighted material?

I share your chagrin there.

That is one of the points I will be discussing with HQ people.

I saw another on on another thread that I think that I should look into with my TWI-4 friends.  It was the numerology letter from Vern Edwards that you examined in your thread "Make It Make Sense."  

I have always had issues with the way numbers in scripture are handled.  At best, I think it is like tying a ribbon with a bow in on a FINISHED piece of work.  But to DERIVE any meaning from the numbers themselves is like a stage magic act at best, and on the slippery slope of hooky pookery.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh! But WAIT!  

Still rationalizing I see. Now after taking PLAF, why would anyone want to she'll out more money for Leonard's class, just to get the same information.

Ditto all the other people whose work Saint Vic stole.

Your sarcasm in the matter and your lack of empathy speaks volumes.

Edited by So_crates

7 minutes ago, chockfull said:

That is an easy calculation.  It is zero.

Because he plagiarized as opposed to attributing his sources.  

Not true!   Many of us grads heard about all those teachers from VPW.  He merely did it informally, but he made those names known to us, and in a number of settings.

2 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Still rationalizing I see. Now after taking PLAF, why would anyone want to she'll out more money for Leonard's class, just to get the same information.

Ditto all the other people whose work Saint Vic stole.

Your sarcasm in the matter and your lack of empathy speaks volumes.

You seem to forget all those guys have their rewards at the Return.   I don't forget that.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

So sorry if I fooled you into thinking I was going to copyright Raf's post for my own.

LoL

Has this been a problem for you just recently, or does it go back into your past a bit?  How do you handle April 1st each year? 

I handle it quite well thank you. Unlike you, who lives up to Ambrose Bierce's definition of an April Fool, a March fool thirty days further into his folly.