GreaseSpot Cafe

Did vpw claim to write The Scriptures?

WordWolf

8 minutes ago, waysider said:

You have to understand, though, that God gave him revelation, showing him where to find the Xerox machines.

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I'll give him something to Xerox.

I would also go back to ChatGPT and AI generated images.  People know it's fake.  People know others look down on them for going for the couterfeit.  They do it anyway.

22 hours ago, Mike said:

Oops!  You have a point.
I thought I did answer at the very end.
But I see now, it was only a vague implication I put there.

I wrote: "I didn’t even hear about “literals” until at least a year later.
I did not care where VPW got the literals from."

I spent the introduction building to the "I did not care" about who wrote them.

I really didn't care.

My early mind pictures of TWI were VPW surrounded by a fairly large (and growing) team of wonderful teachers and researchers.  I would eat up every article in each Way Magazine, listen to SNT tapes no matter who taught, and travel to see live teachings by anyone on the team.

I came into the ministry pre-disposed to not care about
who came up with what idea,
compared to how much I cared about the ideas.

The literals only appeared to me very gradually.  SO gradually that I have no idea when they started. They were "Top Secret - Classified Corps Documents" to second-class Wayfers like me.  My earliest clear memory of the Literals is 1981-ish, just as VPW was clearly stepping out of the picture, and Craig was named to step in soon.  I remember asking to get copies of the literals before VPW died, but was refused.  Somehow I had gotten a copy of Ephesians, and heard there were more, so that was why I was asking. 

I think I finally got a complete set after the collapse of the ministry in 1986, and all kinds of refugees streaming out of TWI brought with them all sorts of materials that they considered good, and worth protecting and preserving from TWI clutches. 

I also remember in those days, grads who were angry at VPW, were giving away their entire Home Way Library, or selling them in pieces at a garage sale.  I got tons of stuff that way, over the course of 10 years or so.  Somewhere in there the Literals became mine, in very poor Xerox form.

My ONLY impression of the source of the Literals gradually formed to be:  they came from "the team" surrounding VPW. 

It wasn't until recent years, here, that I heard reports that some of the literals came from here or there. 

I never heard any rumor or report, nor seen anything in writing saying that VPW wrote them. 

When I said I didn't care, I meant I REALLY did not care all these years who wrote them or how. As a result my mind was pretty much a blank slate with a faint watermark saying "by The Team." 

Oops Mike has a point.

By operating the 10th manifestation, retroactive cognitive skills, he was well aware of the bull-$hit incognito. He really doesn’t care who wrote the bull-$hit…shingles doesn’t care either…and honey badgers flat out just don’t give a damn.

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

Oops Mike has a point.

By operating the 10th manifestation, retroactive cognitive skills, he was well aware of the bull-$hit incognito. He really doesn’t care who wrote the bull-$hit…shingles doesn’t care either…and honey badgers flat out just don’t give a damn.

He says he's fully aware.  

Sounds like the motivation is it makes him feel good.  

Feelings don't care about your facts.

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Putting what together?  

I could copy a bunch of text from internet sources right now, put it all in one post, claim credit . . . that doesn't make it coherent.

"Putting it all together" assumes something was put together without having to state what it is.

(edited to add Lomax when off on this on me once pounding his desk "put it all together". . . don't know why . . . wasn't the topic of discussion)

I wasnt referring to the content of what he put together, but merely the ethical decision to disclose that it was cobbed together. Content is an entirely different subject becuase obviously most of what he cobbed together occultic error..

40 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I wasnt referring to the content of what he put together, but merely the ethical decision to disclose that it was cobbed together. Content is an entirely different subject becuase obviously most of what he cobbed together occultic error..

I heard the phrase "putting it all together" while at HQ.  Sorry I meant it somewhat rhetorical.  

. . . When TWI says "putting it all together" . . . put what together? . . .

. . . I swear people get a literal high off of this nonsense

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I wonder if it's from dopamine or adrenaline.

There's no doubt the internal reward system appears hijacked.  Being motivated in abnormal ways.  I assume that's dopamine.

And if you're not engaged in normal pursuits and achieving worthwhile goals the heaviness of some of the meetings, like face melting, rants, witness absolute BS to complete strangers, . . . . adrenaline

The Twig face, the cult smile . . . something is misfiring.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, T-Bone said:

Oops Mike has a point.

Mike hasn't engaged so much in this forum this week, but I found this and figured it would be wonderful food for thought for Mike and any others who may engage in discussion with him.

47bd5b87c4ea274e5431d136bc0da2ab.jpg

27 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Mike hasn't engaged so much in this forum this week, but I found this and figured it would be wonderful food for thought for Mike and any others who may engage in discussion with him.

47bd5b87c4ea274e5431d136bc0da2ab.jpg

yes!