GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

10 hours ago, waysider said:

Sooooo----God is a car mechanic now. Who knew? He probably should have done a better job fixing the brakes on the car that squashed that poor little boy. Too bad it wasn't in the budget. He had to save some power for that lady's fire engine red drapes. If only she had settled for something in a more neutral color, there might have been enough power left for both jobs.

Why, if I was a bettin' man...

I mean, God had to limit the adversary.

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

Levels?  Not yet achieved a certain level?  How Scientology of them.  LOL

You've got to get to Level 8.... Going Clear.

So, pay up Bud.  You don't get to pass Go.... until you pay another $5,000 in tithes, offerings and fees.  And, that's still no guarantee that you're getting Full Spiritual Maturity Status.  Heck, there's corps grads who've been around since 1972 who haven't gotten there. 

Wierwille used to hold the final say-so.  Now, it's kinda a relic of the past.  But it's still there; a ghost of the pastl

CF60A070-981A-4FDD-8D10-D6CE4A777D2C.jpe

3 minutes ago, Raf said:

I thought God's ability always equals his willingness [on a related subject, we need a top 5 list of objectively stupid Wierwillisms].

Proceeding under Mike's theory then (while also considering VPW here) God's willingness and ability are equal but limited to His budgetary limit.

12 minutes ago, Raf said:

I thought God's ability always equals his willingness [on a related subject, we need a top 5 list of objectively stupid Wierwillisms].

Here's an "apparent" contradiction to Mike's theory from PFAL:

God is the Fountain of Living Waters.  "God is a fountain.   That's an unlimited supply; that's what makes it a fountain."

3 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

Here's an "apparent" contradiction to Mike's theory from PFAL:

God is the Fountain of Living Waters.  "God is a fountain.   That's an unlimited supply; that's what makes it a fountain."

Well unless God has to limit the adversary, them to be fair to Diabolos, he limits himself at the expense of his people.

17 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Hey Ron.... what steps do I have to take to be an Operating Thetan?  So that I'm not just confined to a single lifetime.... where is the bridge I cross?  Oh, you mean to say that there are several Grades to the Bridge and a list of processes that auditors should run on me?

No, no.... I just want to get to Going Clear as fast as possible and beyond.  What?  I have to be cleared of auditors review of past lives I've lived?  But I don't care about those.... I want to get to the Thetan Clearing so that I can explore new life outside my body.

How much for each level?  So, it depends on my review and auditors determine my path to scaling each step.  My girlfriend is at Level 5... so can we hurry up so that I can be processed to join her?

So, whatever Level I'm at... nothing really works until I get to the next higher level?  :smilie_kool_aid:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Hey Ron.... what steps do I have to take to be an Operating Thetan?  So that I'm not just confined to a single lifetime.... where is the bridge I cross?  Oh, you mean to say that there are several Grades to the Bridge and a list of processes that auditors should run on me?

No, no.... I just want to get to Going Clear as fast as possible and beyond.  What?  I have to be cleared of auditors review of past lives I've lived?  But I don't care about those.... I want to get to the Thetan Clearing so that I can explore new life outside my body.

How much for each level?  So, it depends on my review and auditors determine my path to scaling each step.  My girlfriend is at Level 5... so can we hurry up so that I can be processed to join her?

So, whatever Level I'm at... nothing really works until I get to the next higher level?  :smilie_kool_aid:

I was hooked into Scientology before the way inernational. I lived in Hollywood CA for a few years when I was in my late teens, early twenties and used to walk past the Dianetics building near the corner of McCadden and Hollywood Blvd. They always had people on the street trying to lure passerbys in. So I took their tests and went down to their Scientology center further east on Sunset Blvd. Anywho, I was a few weeks in and met with an Auditor and was ready to go....clear sounded like a good place to be at the time...that was until they asked for $2,500 for a registration fee and to cover the first few sessions....my broke, 19 y/o self ran for the door so fast...lol

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

So, vic.... how do I get to this more abundant life?  My friend told me that in your foundational class, You stated that "you looked around and saw others who were living the more abundant life MORE than Christians".... so what did you see?  Nice, big homes with new cars parked outside?  People flying to faraway vacation spots and sitting on sunny beaches of white sand?  Businesses expanding with cash flow and inventories?

What are the steps I follow?  I need to faithfully attend twig fellowships, huh?  Why can't I just buy the Orange Book?  Oh, so it takes a person two to three months of indoctrination.... er, attending fellowships regularly to acclimatize and absorb the teachings?  Then, jump into the next pfal class in my area.  And, once I take it... it's free for anytime I would want to take it again?  Why would I want to take it AGAIN?

Then, there's an Intermediate Class and Advanced Study Classes on select topics.  So, I need to go thru all these Levels to get to the more abundant life?  Well, how did other people, your neighbors and other Christians get there WITHOUT TAKING THESE STEPS?  Slow down with your sales pitch and please answer that question.  You're still talking.... and not answering.

Yet, to reach full spiritual maturity and operate all nine of these manifestations I've got to take your Advanced Class at headquarters?  What headquarters?  Why is there a building of administrative people there to help serve what seems like a simple task?  Hundreds work there so they can help me thru the steps?  And, there's a magazine and sunday service tapes?  WOW... so, classes teachings, magazines and programs sound a little complicated don't you think?

Oh, and you want me to give 15% of my income while I do all this stuff?

Oh, REALLY..... I'm required to give you this 15% for the rest of my life?

[Walks away].... what a scam !!

Edited by skyrider
typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I was hooked into Scientology before the way inernational. I lived in Hollywood CA for a few years when I was in my late teens, early twenties and used to walk past the Dianetics building near the corner of McCadden and Hollywood Blvd. They always had people on the street trying to lure passerbys in. So I took their tests and went down to their Scientology center further east on Sunset Blvd. Anywho, I was a few weeks in and met with an Auditor and was ready to go....clear sounded like a good place to be at the time...that was until they asked for $2,500 for a registration fee and to cover the first few sessions....my broke, 19 y/o self ran for the door so fast...lol

Sorry homie apparently you were too broke to be a Scientologist lol.

:biglaugh:

4 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Sorry homie apparently you were too broke to be a Scientologist lol.

:biglaugh:

Thankfully yes...I was one broke 19 y/o mother trucker back in the day when being broke was cool...:jump:

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Thankfully yes...I was one broke 19 y/o mother trucker back in the day when being broke was cool...:jump:

Being broke is always cool lol.  You can survive somehow with no money because somehow you can always scramble for a bite too eat.  You cannot survive without love.

2 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I would wager a bet.... that nearly 70% of in-residence corps back in the 70's were broke "mother truckers" as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

So, vic.... how do I get to this more abundant life?  My friend told me that in your foundational class, You stated that "you looked around and saw others who were living the more abundant life MORE than Christians".... so what did you see?  Nice, big homes with new cars parked outside?  People flying to faraway vacation spots and sitting on sunny beaches of white sand?  Businesses expanding with cash flow and inventories?

What are the steps I follow?  I need to faithfully attend twig fellowships, huh?  Why can't I just buy the Orange Book?  Oh, so it takes a person two to three months of indoctrination.... er, attending fellowships regularly to acclimatize and absorb the teachings?  Then, jump into the next pfal class in my area.  And, once I take it... it's free for anytime I would want to take it again?  Why would I want to take it AGAIN?

Then, there's an Intermediate Class and Advanced Study Classes on select topics.  So, I need to go thru all these Levels to get to the more abundant life?  Well, how did other people, your neighbors and other Christians get there WITHOUT TAKING THESE STEPS?  Slow down with your sales pitch and please answer that question.  You're still talking.... and not answering.

Yet, to reach full spiritual maturity and operate all nine of these manifestations I've got to take your Advanced Class at headquarters?  What headquarters?  Why is there a building of administrative people there to help serve what seems like a simple task?  Hundreds work there so they can help me thru the steps?  And, there's a magazine and sunday service tapes?  WOW... so, classes teachings, magazines and programs sound a little complicated don't you think?

Oh, and you want me to give 15% of my income while I do all this stuff?

Oh, REALLY..... I'm required to give you this 15% for the rest of my life?

[Walks away].... what a scam !!

But if you want your kid to get flattened by a '47 Buick, all you need to do is think about it. What's wrong with this picture?

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

Being broke is always cool lol.  You can survive somehow with no money because somehow you can always scramble for a bite too eat.  You cannot survive without love.

No doubt. I had my inroads. There was an Armenian restaurant right on Hollywood Blvd that let me pay them on Fridays so I could eat lunch during the week. They had the best spinach lasagna to this day for me.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

But if you want your kid to get flattened by a '47 Buick, all you need to do is think about it. What's wrong with this picture?

It's that "law of believing" in reverse.....ker-thunk, ker-thunk.

Works like a charm.

2 minutes ago, waysider said:

Just now, skyrider said:

It's that "law of believing" in reverse.....ker-thunk, ker-thunk.

Works like a charm.

I have somewhat of a storied life...meaning I have some crazy stories. I've been hit by moving cars a total of four times in my life. It happened twice on Hollywood Blvd. Once I got creamed on my bicycle, then I got creamed worse crossing Hollywood Blvd at night at Whitley Ave. I can honestly say I had never visualized myself getting smacked nir was I afraid it would happen. 

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I have somewhat of a storied life...meaning I have some crazy stories. I've been hit by moving cars a total of four times in my life. It happened twice on Hollywood Blvd. Once I got creamed on my bicycle, then I got creamed worse crossing Hollywood Blvd at night at Whitley Ave. I can honestly say I had never visualized myself getting smacked nir was I afraid it would happen. 

Yeah, but.... was your momma constantly fearful that her own "little Oldskool" was going to get smacked and killed outright?  That's the key.  What was your momma believing?

8 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

No doubt. I had my inroads. There was an Armenian restaurant right on Hollywood Blvd that let me pay them on Fridays so I could eat lunch during the week. They had the best spinach lasagna to this day for me.

Yeah I remember moving in to an apartment my FIL asked if it was government housing lol.  We were sooooo broke.

There was this one ex Hells Angels biker in the complex with a destroyed knee with a big old Cadillac he used to give me rides to work in when my car broke down.

They did a spaghetti night Thursday and invited everyone in complex over.  Tommy and Lisa.  She did hair too for free or cheap.  They were so sweet.   Never interested in or involved with TWI.  

Good people.  Good times.

• Like 1

Just now, skyrider said:

Yeah, but.... was your momma constantly fearful that her own "little Oldskool" was going to get smacked and killed outright?  That's the key.  What was your momma believing?

Ahhhhh...she might have been...she might have been...I told her we needed red drapes.