GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I thought it was significant that NO ONE knew about the deletion, including me. 

This was many years ago and the "NO ONE" above was on the order of 50 to 100 fairly active posters.    On one thread, someone did a tally and counted 70 posters debating me on that thread.

So, it was a pretty BIG DEAL that none of us knew about the red drapes deletion from the PFAL book.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm 14 hours behind in my backlog, so I don't know if anyone commented on this yet. 

Remember what I said about the length of the post being correlated with the attempt to con someone.

My best memory on the red drapes was that it expanded VPW's ability to think big about God's generosity and ability.

In the physical realm, hence the claim that it's about material abundance.

Scouts Honor, I did not yet consult the transcript.  But I did consult my dimming memory of posting on it here in the past, like 17 years ago.  

Yah, I'm sure your memory got all the details right. I mean considering your hero worship of Saint Vic and confirmation bias and all?

I distinctly remember first discovering the deletion of the red drapes from the PFAL book, while we were debating the red drapes meaning here.  I immediately posted here about this discovery, and it caused quite a stir. 

I thought it was significant that NO ONE knew about the deletion, including me. 

It reinforced my conviction that NONE of us (including me) went deeper than barely scratching the surface in PFAL, especially in the collaterals.

*/*/*/

If you can't find this incident in the archives here, let me know, and I will search for it in my copies of the threads that were lost in the Pruning Crisis of circa 2007?  It may have been earlier.

There are many other posters in these lost threads I have. I am willing to donate them to  whoever is able to code them into the current GSC software. 

Being a coder myself, this would be massively difficult, because the files in my archive were saved in several different file formats, 2 different browsers, and includes at least 2 different GSC software platforms.  Still, it's a big chunk of GSC history, unless someone had made archive copies before the Pruning Crisis.

And I need this word salad, why?

*/*/*

Anyone who's hooked on trivia might want to test themselves on what was the main point the Red Drapes story being in the film class.  It is stated clearly in the transcript pretty well etched into my memory.

Anyone want to play my trivia game here?

If you have a transcript, then by Scout's Honor you are bound to withdraw from the quiz. 

So far I know the cynical guesses I did see prior to my 14 hour backlog were wrong. 

And naturally your version is the only one that's right.

I know for sure the point of the Red Drapes was  NOT to encourage us all to envision houses with 3 car garages and carloads of money. 

No, Saint Vic chose a physical object because he meant a spiritual reality.

Hint: the answer to the trivia quiz is related to "be anxious for nothing."

Odds are the truth is that Saint Vic preached the prosperity gospel until people started questioning why it wasn't happening, the his excuse was, well, it's all spiritual don't you see?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

This was many years ago and the "NO ONE" above was on the order of 50 to 100 fairly active posters.    On one thread, someone did a tally and counted 70 posters debating me on that thread.

So, it was a pretty BIG DEAL that none of us knew about the red drapes deletion from the PFAL book.

12 hours ago, So_crates said:

So, if the ministry didn't hawk material abundance, what was the point of living "at need"? The point other than adding a few thousand a month to Saint Vic's coffers, that is.

Or does giving equals recieving mean something else too?

14 hours ago, So_crates said:

I see you're still driving your Dodge.

Like I said before, you don't minister to people by spinning the truth. Only the truth itself sets you (and them) free.

The woman requested Saint Vic pray for a material need, an apartment. Then she requested a greed, red drapes (I seriously doubt she would have died if she didn't get red drapes.)

Now, you don't need to have a PhD in logic to know that drapes are physical things and not spiritual, therefore God provided  physical abundance.

Please do look up your transcript and while your at it show me where in the class it says PLAF is only for spiritual abundance and do it without retconning or spinning.

20 hours ago, So_crates said:

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

They believed the "Rich And Famous" interpretation of John 10:10 because that's where they were intentionally led.

It starts with John 10:10 and the abundant life. Then you're lead to the pressed down, shaken together, and running over verse, then into Ephesians for the now onto him who is able to do more than we can think or ask verse, then wrap it up with Malach and promiises of how the widows of heaven will open and a blessing will be poured out that you won't be able to receive. And all you have to do is ABS.

So Saint Vic and the ministry perpetrated the lie.

34 minutes ago, waysider said:

Why would I need it if the collaterals are perfec

One would think he wants to know whether or not he can spin as something being in the transcript without being concerned whether or not someone can fact check him.

Edited by So_crates

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Anyone who's hooked on trivia might want to test themselves on what was the main point the Red Drapes story being in the film class.  It is stated clearly in the transcript pretty well etched into my memory.

Most of the transcript is as worthless as the red drapes story....why would I care when I have completely rejected the law of believing for the name it and claim it garbage it is.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

you can't find this incident in the archives here, let me know, and I will search for it in my copies of the threads that were lost in the Pruning Crisis of circa 2007?  It may have been earlier.

There are many other posters in these lost threads I have. I am willing to donate them to  whoever is able to code them into the current GSC software. 

Being a coder myself, this would be massively difficult, because the files in my archive were saved in several different file formats, 2 different browsers, and includes at least 2 different GSC software platforms.  Still, it's a big chunk of GSC history, unless someone had made archive copies before the Pruning Crisis.

*/*/*

Anyone want to play my trivia game here?

If you have a transcript, then by Scout's Honor you are bound to withdraw from the quiz. 

So far I know the cynical guesses I did see prior to my 14 hour backlog were wrong.  I know for sure the point of the Red Drapes was  NOT to encourage us all to envision houses with 3 car garages and carloads of money. 

Hint: the answer to the trivia quiz is related to "be anxious for nothing."

You are patently wrong !!!!!!! :nono5:

I think what you’re good at encoding is converting the twisted theology of a megalomaniac-drunken-liar-money-grubbing-plagiarizing-sexual-predator  into some kind of obfuscating bull-$hit that you like to push on Grease Spot.

Keep your damn mutating toxic folders infested with the inner demons of wierwille to yourself.  :shithitsfan:

Without opening a single page of the collaterals I can cite numerous references of wierwille’s fixation and promotion of greed and materialism - because I’ve had that cultic propaganda drilled into my head. Challenging the reader to think bigger for whatever their hearts desired by asking “are you limiting God?” Tempting the reader toward greed and materialism by instructing them to “get clear on what you want in your mind

what do you think - we’re morons?

why do you think there was so much disappointment and disillusionment in TWI and why most people only lasted so long - and then left or slowly faded away because wierwille promised so much but his “law of believing”  , positive affirmations techniques , and tithing / abundant sharing / law of giving and receiving delivered nothing!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Judging from the content and tone of various posts aimed at all of us one time or another I would say yes, yes he thinks were morons. I mean none of us get it according to mike and we have all forgotten the god breathed content of P-FLOP.

43 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

You are patently wrong !!!!!!! :nono5:

I think what you’re good at encoding is converting the twisted theology of a megalomaniac-drunken-liar-money-grubbing-plagiarizing-sexual-predator  into some kind of obfuscating bull-$hit that you like to push on Grease Spot.

Keep your damn mutating toxic folders infested with the inner demons of wierwille to yourself.  :shithitsfan:

Without opening a single page of the collaterals I can cite numerous references of wierwille’s fixation and promotion of greed and materialism - because I’ve had that cultic propaganda drilled into my head. Challenging the reader to think bigger for whatever their hearts desired by asking “are you limiting God?” Tempting the reader toward greed and materialism by instructing them to “get clear on what you want in your mind

why do you think there was so much disappointment and disillusionment in TWI and why most people only lasted so long - and then left or slowly faded away because wierwille promised so much but his “law of believing”  , positive affirmations techniques , and tithing / abundant sharing / law of giving and receiving delivered nothing!

+100 ♥s

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

As usual, if anyone said anything significant in my 14 hour backlog, please feel free to repeat it here, lest it fall through the cracks, which backlogs are known  to do.

As usual if Mike stops spewing horse manure and says anything coherent please let me know so I don’t have to wade through all of that to see it.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

As usual if Mike stops spewing horse manure and says anything coherent please let me know so I don’t have to wade through all of that to see it.

But Mike's the world's foremost authority, succeeding Professor Irwin Corey.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cman said:

did you burn one yet?

Joint.webp 146.93 kB · 5 downloads

It would take that to discuss the multi professions of Mike the explorer.

The baseline is window cleaner in San Diego. Which is not believable with city conditions and border scenarios driving down the oldest Way profession.

Next coder.

Philosopher and writer

I know I’m leaving some out.  What are other Mike profession claims when he slips up?

A very plausible explanation is that it is a shared account passed around TWI leaders to spin up arguments at gsc.

On 4/30/2023 at 1:37 PM, Mike said:

As usual, if anyone said anything significant in my 14 hour backlog, please feel free to repeat it here, lest it fall through the cracks, which backlogs are known  to do.

To the above reposts, I'd like to add:

If the ministry didn't teach material abundance, what's the point of ABS? You don't honestly think people would willingly give 15% of their income for something they couldn't hold in their hand, do you?

And then there's the booklet Christians Should Be Prosperous given out with the class materials.

Starting to add up, aren't they?

On 4/30/2023 at 1:37 PM, Mike said:

22 hours ago, chockfull said:

Actually it's his off-handed way of suggesting what we posted was insignificant as far as he was concerned.

Edited by So_crates

On 4/30/2023 at 4:50 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

Hmmmm... a coder, a dancer, a comedian, a window washer, an absorber...

A real polymath.

I was reminded, a few months ago, that we once discussed microwave ovens. Mike recited the internet myth that microwave ovens leak radiation. I linked the real story.  AFTER that, Mike said that the link confirmed that microwave ovens are a radiation danger.  I summarized the danger- according to the link (an official source) , microwave ovens may leak an inch or so past the case. So, unless you drape yourself across a microwave oven while it's running, you're safe from a radiation leak.

I thought of that when he was running his lines recently on how well he grasps science.

• Like 3