GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

VPW saw UNBELIEVERS without need and enough extra (abundance) to give to others.

He did? 

As a friend of mine whose native tongue is not English likes to say, "I must not have tensioned when he said that."

9 minutes ago, So_crates said:

And once again, a lot of those TVTs came from the mouth of Saint Vic himself.

Yes, that could happen.  I dont see that happening in the class or collaterals, though.   He was not Jesus Christ; he had sin in his life like you and me.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes, that could happen.  I dont see that happening in the class or collaterals, though.   He was not Jesus Christ; he had sin in his life like you and me.

No, not like me. I never broke the law, at least seriously, basically parking violations. So my level of sin was nowhere near his.

But it did happen in the class and collaterals, as Waysider has been pointing out to you. As I've been pointing out to you.

You just refuse to see it.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your level of temptations was nowhere near his.

Again you make excuses for evil behavior.

You: Oh we have to excuse Saint Vic using roofies on woman, his temptation was so great.

Edited by So_crates

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your level of temptations was nowhere near his.

Ever feminist in your read only audience should be giving you a talking to. Your blaming the women for what happened to them. Oh,you claim, the woman's level of temptation was too high. (Blame the victim. It wasn't his fault. It was them. They were too tempting.)

Edited by So_crates

48 minutes ago, So_crates said:

There's a little more to it Raf

Among the other questions I would have:

Who were the SITters?

How do we know they were actually SIT? How do we know they weren't fluent in the languages they spoke?

For something presented a canon, the whole incident is poorly documented.

1. I already raised that point, but appreciate the refresher.

2. My comment, that I would drop the digression, was regarding the topic of the reliability of the gospel of John, not Ralph D's dubious SIT confirmation story.

3. I think, assuming Ralph D told the truth, that his father was clearly the least inquisitive linguist in the history of linguistics. I would be embarrassed to relay a story that so betrayed my own father's professiomal incompetence.

Still, there are clues in the account that establish its kinship with solid bovine waste produçt.

Like how the speaker produced Portuguese with a slight Castillian accent.

People don't speak in accents that are foreign to their native tongue. If he spoke with a Castillian accent  it's because he was Castillian. And if he was Castillian, the likelihood of his exposure to Portuguese is as slim as me finding a Spanish speaker in Miami.

Dude spoke a language he knew, in other words.

Wierwille himself told a story of how he faked tongues by speaking in a language he knew. It's not far fetched.

IF the world's least competent linguist did indeed recognize these two languages, I would bet a year's salary that the people who produced those languages were already quite familiar with them. Of course, we'll never know that, because they conveniently [as always] vanish from the tale, depriving anyone and everyone of the opportunity to inquire.

In 100 percent of these stories, either the speaker or the person who understands the language conveniently vanishes, never to be seen or heard from again. I call them the West Bubbatanians, after their country of origin, West Bubbatania, which is itself the GSC-safe translation of West Bubbafudge.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

When you get tired and defeated trying to deal with my challenges you resort to attacking me as a liar.  I never said I was a professional coder, dancer, or comedian.  I said that I have some pretty extensive experience in those areas.

Are you a jealous one-trick-pony, yourself? 

Sheesh!  I have deep experience in a lot more than what you mentioned. 

I am neither tired nor defeated, and I've handled every one of your challenges. But there are dozens, hundreds of questions, challenges of mine you've left unanswered.

Just in these recent pages alone, Waysider has asked and challenged you repeatedly on one point. No answer.

I have never called you a liar. Delusional, yes. In denial, yes. Liar, no.

I never accused you of being a "professional" dancer, comedian or coder. At least, not that I recall. If I did, I didn't mean it.

I'm not jealous at all. And I don't know any tricks.

I know nothing of your experience. Nor do I care.

• Like 1

I was in this fellowship meeting once and this guy I didn't know spoke in tongues and interpreted. His tongue had a whole bunch  of words I recognized from high school Spanish class. (I don't know if his tongue matched the interpretation, on account of I didn't get such good grades in the class.) 

Isn't that wonderful?... (The tongue part, not my bad grades.)

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

If we have our need and our want parallel

WITAF does this actually mean in the first place. Needs and wants are typically perpendicular according to God, in that lusts such as VPW exemplified are perpendicular to morality and God's will on adultery, fornication, love of money, drunkenness....so having them parallel is what exactly? Rationalized sin? Such confusing bullshonta that clearly has no scriptural basis as out pointed out Nathan_Jr

6 hours ago, Mike said:

He was not Jesus Christ; he had sin in his life like you and me.

No, I dont have sin in my life like vic had and I seriously hope you don't have the same sins of sexual predations in your life there mike. He was a predator who went to his grave hugging his sins like a trophy. Find me one instance of victor paul wierwille repenting of rampant adultery, of using his position of power to molest young women, of using his postion of power to have others procure young women for him to molest, or married women for him to molest...one instance. His own wife said at his graveside "He was a mean man." Not exatlctly exemplifiying the love of God now was he. VPW would be a different case had he repented and changed but he never did, and that makes him a wolf in sheeps clothing having eyes full of adultery. And yes, I have done some horrible things that I have in part discussed on GSC. The difference is, and why I discuss them here, is I have repented, asked for forgiveness, and am actively making amends and producing fruits worthy of repentance. Yes that matters mike. Wierwille taught Christianity was about getting stuff. Plain and simple. He rationalized and miminised sin. Christianity at it's very heart is the eradication and confession of sin as well as the eradication of the sin nature a new nature given in Jesus Christ at the new birth. Weve been given a choice.

Edited by OldSkool

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Only ONE PERSON?

Wrong again.  Are you trying to beat some kind of crazy Guiness record?

Pamsandiego knew me many years prior to me posting here, and she was the one who recommended to me while we were walking along the beach one day that I should come and post here.  That was before I was dragged here by Research Geek and alphacat without my consent.

I met Pawtucket at Pam's house.

I met with Pam and Sirguessalot together and had coffee once.

Several posters and/or read-only grads here contacted me and we became became close friends, with lots of phone calls.

...did I mention I am viewing this as a first rough draft of a future book?

Ok I just find it hard to believe that one person can be this dense.

Did you realize that to write a book that involves reading?  You haven’t even shown the ability to get through a book in a year.

8 hours ago, Raf said:

1. I already raised that point, but appreciate the refresher.

2. My comment, that I would drop the digression, was regarding the topic of the reliability of the gospel of John, not Ralph D's dubious SIT confirmation story.

3. I think, assuming Ralph D told the truth, that his father was clearly the least inquisitive linguist in the history of linguistics. I would be embarrassed to relay a story that so betrayed my own father's professiomal incompetence.

Still, there are clues in the account that establish its kinship with solid bovine waste produçt.

Like how the speaker produced Portuguese with a slight Castillian accent.

People don't speak in accents that are foreign to their native tongue. If he spoke with a Castillian accent  it's because he was Castillian. And if he was Castillian, the likelihood of his exposure to Portuguese is as slim as me finding a Spanish speaker in Miami.

Dude spoke a language he knew, in other words.

Wierwille himself told a story of how he faked tongues by speaking in a language he knew. It's not far fetched.

IF the world's least competent linguist did indeed recognize these two languages, I would bet a year's salary that the people who produced those languages were already quite familiar with them. Of course, we'll never know that, because they conveniently [as always] vanish from the tale, depriving anyone and everyone of the opportunity to inquire.

In 100 percent of these stories, either the speaker or the person who understands the language conveniently vanishes, never to be seen or heard from again. I call them the West Bubbatanians, after their country of origin, West Bubbatania, which is itself the GSC-safe translation of West Bubbafudge.

I wonder if we will ever find the true origins of the Lo shonta language spoken on film by VP.

I know it’s a dialect from a small Italian fishing town on the Malakasita coast.

:jump:

Regarding "needs and wants parallel"

5 hours ago, OldSkool said:

....so having them parallel is what exactly?

If you search the archives here, we went into this in great detail long ago.

One of the keys taught in PFAL that I have NEVER heard anyone expound on is how God uses His spokesman's vocabulary in revelation. 

There are several times when VPW had a pet definition for something, or he tended to lean on a rare usage of a word.  When it was pointed out to him, he changed his vocabulary. The only example I can remember this minute of this was in the Blue Book where regarding canine restraint, the word "unloosed" changed to "unleashed."   I think something similar happened with "all without exception and all without distinction."

*/*/*

The word "parallel" came from VPW's live teaching days before the filming of the class, and when he said it he used body language to clarify what he meant by "parallel," illustrating it with his arms.   This did not come through well in the film class, SO in the PFAL book there are a couple of places where the word "balanced" was substituted for the word "parallel."

The word "balanced" perfectly communicates the data. 

Also communicating this same data is the rich context in the film class that surrounds the use of "parallel."   I never noticed the word "balanced" put into the book until we were debating the issue here about 15 years ago.  This situation is very similar to the red drapes deletion.

When I sat in the film class, I absolutely had ZERO trouble understanding what VPW meant by "needs and wants parallel" because of the supporting context.  It was plain as day because of benign redundancy in VPW's communicating the idea in the context, as well as in that one word.

*/*/*

Not understanding what "needs and wants parallel" means is another example of people not paying good attention when hearing the film class, or having limited intelligence, or having a very inflexible way of assigning meaning to others' words, or some other deficiency, like memory loss or lack of desire or trust.

My revealing this about the word "balanced" should totally fix any misunderstandings you may have had all these years. 

If you are still in the dark, I will post to transcript for you to read, so you can once again have that very supportive context that VPW wrapped around his idiosyncratic use of the word "balanced."     If that doesn't completely solve this, then I would suspect a lack of desire to understand.

Edited by Mike

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Regarding "needs and wants parallel"

If you search the archives here, we went into this in great detail long ago.

One of the keys taught in PFAL that I have NEVER heard anyone expound on is how God uses His spokesman's vocabulary in revelation. 

There are several times when VPW had a pet definition for something, or he tended to lean on a rare usage of a word.  When it was pointed out to him, he changed his vocabulary. The only example I can remember this minute of this was in the Blue Book where regarding canine restraint, the word "unloosed" changed to "unleashed."   I think something similar happened with "all without exception and all without distinction."

*/*/*

The word "parallel" came from VPW's live teaching days before the filming of the class, and when he said it he used body language to clarify what he meant by "parallel," illustrating it with his arms.   This did not come through well in the film class, SO in the PFAL book there are a couple of places where the word "balanced" was substituted for the word "parallel."

The word "balanced" perfectly communicates the data. 

Also communicating this same data is the rich context in the film class that surrounds the use of "parallel."   I never noticed the word "balanced" put into the book until we were debating the issue here about 15 years ago.  This situation is very similar to the red drapes deletion.

When I sat in the film class, I absolutely had ZERO trouble understanding what VPW meant by "needs and wants parallel" because of the supporting context.  It was plain as day because of benign redundancy in VPW's communicating the idea in the context, as well as in that one word.

*/*/*

Not understanding what "needs and wants parallel" means is another example of people not paying good attention when hearing the film class, or having limited intelligence, or having a very inflexible way of assigning meaning to others' words, or some other deficiency, like memory loss or lack of desire or trust.

My revealing this about the word "balanced" should totally fix any misunderstandings you may have had all these years. 

If you are still in the dark, I will post to transcript for you to read, so you can once again have that very supportive context that VPW wrapped around his idiosyncratic use of the word "balanced."     If that doesn't completely solve this, then I would suspect a lack of desire to understand.

You include every possibility except VPW was full of bullshonta. I have no reason to ever turn back to false doctrines and false prophets, which saint vic taught and most definitely was.

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

needs and wants parallel"

This is one of those statements made to sound like heavy revie, but when you unpack it you realize it means nothing.

Define wants.

Define needs.

How are they balanced? How do you know when they're balanced?

Poof! The whole sentence vanishes into thin air.

This is one of those TVTs in the collaterals we were talking about in the above post.

No, it means a sexual predator tried to pull a fast one and got caught at it.

Besides I thought you've wasted how many pages of bandwidth claiming the ministry and the class didn't teach material abundance and yet here it is another example of how to get anything from God.

I thought God only met our needs. So this statement is a none issue. There is no need to consider whether wants and needs are balanced, just default to needs.

If you are still in the dark, I will post to transcript for you to

Save your typing if it was unclear 30 years ago it'll be just as unclear now.

If that doesn't completely solve this, then I would suspect a lack of desire to understand.

Really!?

I would suspect a lack of desire to communicate, as you're responsible for your communication and it's not our job to guess what you mean.

Edited by So_crates

51 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Where in 1 John 5:14 is the idea of balancing needs and wants? That's Vic's proof text.

victor asked if this verse was wonderful, then. Then, THEN went into the parallel/balance of material needs and wants.

Here below is an example of needs low, and wants high;  need and want not balanced.

James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

*/*/*/*

Edited by Mike

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Here below is an example of needs low, and wants high;  need and want not balanced.

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

My God, it absolutely does NOT say what you are trying to make it say!!! Read what's written without wierwille goggles dude. He's talking about people asking God amiss because they are trying to fulfill their lusts....this has nothing to do with needs low and wants high. 

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yet 50 years later and you still can't explain what it means but have to provide 10 paragraphs of word salad and some twisted scriptures to try and make it fit...

simpson.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

*/*/*/*

Again, this whole discussion was prefaced with TO RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM GOD in the class.

I thought you said the class didn't teach material abundance.

Also, it's Saint Vic spreading this TVT and it's in the collaterals.