GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

22 minutes ago, waysider said:

I remember the days of Fig Pep and familia.

Not all memories are equal.

I remember joking about whether or not we were having “familia spirits” for breakfast today or not.  And brawn food.  And all Grace Bliss’s additions to the menu including no salt and pepper but cayenne and seaweed sprinkles.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

I remember joking about whether or not we were having “familia spirits” for breakfast today or not.  And brawn food.  And all Grace Bliss’s additions to the menu including no salt and pepper but cayenne and seaweed sprinkles.

Oh gosh, cayenne and kelp were still on the tables in the dining room when I left in 2008.

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

In "vp and me", lcm documented vpw telling one corps class they were all kicked out, then quietly allowed them individually to rejoin, provided they swore more loyalty to him.  According to lcm, MOST of them chose to do so.

Thanks, Word Wolf. That’s the record I was trying to remember.

Classic NPD manipulation. The result is an unbalanced target/supply — keeps everyone on their toes, walking on eggshells — and it strengthens the trauma bond. 

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Oh gosh, cayenne and kelp were still on the tables in the dining room when I left in 2008.

I still use granulated kelp as a salt substitute. If anyone wants to know of a good source, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables https://seaveg.com/

Amazon and Walmart.com also sell smaller packages of the Maine Coast products.

7 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I still use granulated kelp as a salt substitute. If anyone wants to know of a good source, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables https://seaveg.com/

Amazon and Walmart.com also sell smaller packages of the Maine Coast products.

And I use sea salt...it's the lack of choice forced at a mandatory meal. I don't like kelp. I assume u use kelp out of choice and not from a lack of.

8 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

And I use sea salt...it's the lack of choice forced at a mandatory meal. I don't like kelp. I assume u use kelp out of choice and not from a lack of.

of course. I have plenty of choices. Must limit sodium intake, however. 

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

of course. I have plenty of choices. Must limit sodium intake, however. 

I hear ya there. Ive cut out all ultra processed foods from my diet in the last 10 weeks and have my reduced my meals to one per day. For my dietary needs I actually need extra salt (not iodized, chemically fortified sodium, or table salt) so I use sea salt. Its actually working out quite well as ive slowly lost around 30 pounds so far. Bout another 30 get me back to a healthy weight. However, Im not really worried about the weight so much as I want to conitinue to regain my health and that is going great. Sprinkle a lil kelp for me, and heres to your health!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

If you're not seeing miracles, and you're supposedly a Christian, I'll tell you this for free-  if you're looking to blame God Almighty, you're looking to place the blame where it doesn't belong.

I totally agree !!! 

Just in case you are interested, what I have tossed out for consideration is NOT a scheme to blame God if we don't see a needed miracle, thinking He has closed the door, or felt the budget could not handle it.

Just the opposite, I am interested in this thread's theme because encourages me to hang in there patiently, trusting that God knows what He is doing, and deliverance could happen at any second.

My Minimalistic Free Will theory points to the same theme:  persistence produces a change in determinism.

38 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I hear ya there. Ive cut out all ultra processed foods from my diet in the last 10 weeks and have my reduced my meals to one per day. For my dietary needs I actually need extra salt (not iodized, chemically fortified sodium, or table salt) so I use sea salt. Its actually working out quite well as ive slowly lost around 30 pounds so far. Bout another 30 get me back to a healthy weight. However, Im not really worried about the weight so much as I want to conitinue to regain my health and that is going great. Sprinkle a lil kelp for me, and heres to your health!

Damn. 30 el bees in 10 weeks? Did I read that correctly? Great job, whatever the rate!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Damn. 30 el bees in 10 weeks? Did I read that correctly? Great job, whatever the rate!!

Yessir, you read correctly. Went from 285 to 255 and around 3 waist sizes so far. Shooting for 220 ish, but again, if it's lower so be, but we shall see. Ive done a complete lifestyle change after messing around with fad diets and the latest "thing" and above all Im taking the time to educate myself. There are several Drs that explain our food situation and it's not a pretty picture. But for me cutting out added sugars and ultra processed foods did the trick. I lifted wieghts for years and was always a muscled out guy but now am getting old and lost muscle and gained fat. Not a good place to be. Im working my way back into calisthenics and heavy bag work as well, but that is something that Im actually starting this week...you know...typical guy...need to procrastinate for a while and then get it going...lol

Edited by OldSkool

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Double doors and budgets! Whatever happened to God is always on time?

God being always on time was one of the starting points of this thread: that it SEEMS like He's usually not early, but just barely on time, at the last minute.  

It seemed to suggest a budget to me.

But that is two uses of "seem" in a row, hence my not being very sure on this topic, like I am sure about many others.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

God being always on time was one of the starting points of this thread: that it SEEMS like He's usually not early, but just barely on time, at the last minute.  

It seemed to suggest a budget to me.

But that is two uses of "seem" in a row, hence my not being very sure on this topic, like I am sure about many others.

The 3:10 from Yuma is always on time. How does that suggest a budget?

• Upvote 1

Victor paul wierwille thought he knew God's timeline, too. (Actually, who tf knows what vic was thinking!)

One time victor paul wierwille told a young man that his parents would be dead within five years. Boy, oh, boy, was ol' vic ever wrong about that! How wrong? Dead wrong, that's how.

In fact, it was victor paul wierwille himself who was dead within five years, and that young man's parents lived on for decades.

victor paul wierwille f*cked up BIG TIME. Boy, oh, boy, I'd hate to be him on THAT day.

mmmmph

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gaslighting -- It's what's available
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

The 3:10 from Yuma is always on time. How does that suggest a budget?

You just switched configurations. We were talking about one-time, unique interventions, and you brought in a regular daily scheduled set of events.  I think the analogy is lost in that shift.

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

You just switched configurations. We were talking about one-time, unique interventions, and you brought in a regular daily scheduled set of events.  I think the analogy is lost in that shift.

Actually I used the contemporary idiom on a different object. The logic should still hold, as a train being on time for a person would be the same as God being on time for a person.

Claiming a one time event is you attempting to torture language and adds nothing to you claim that God is always on time suggests a budget. How does it suggest a budget?

And you're slightly in error, God does more than one time unique interventions, he may have to do the same intervention multiple times. Like forgiving Saint Vic for his sexual preditory activities.

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 1

One would never even contemplate the baseless postulate of this topic, if only one had ears to hear and eyes to see both the good news AND the great news.

They are AVAILABLE, the good news and the great news. One need only know HOW to get them.

Once gotten, one must know what to do with them.

Hint: keep the good news parallel to the great news.

If one is feeling embarrassed about not knowing what parallel means, one need only employ imagination and fantastical thinking to get linguistically creative enough to force fit the word balance into the mix. And, if one doesn’t know what balance means (some don’t), who cares? One must simply MAKE it fit.

Hey! Literal according to usage is a nonsensical phrase, also. I mean, which is it? Literal? Or according to usage?

Hey! I didn’t write the book!

Bless you little hearts.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Hey! Literal according to usage is a nonsensical phrase, also. I mean, which is it? Literal? Or according to usage?

Wasn't it literal translation according to usage

Isn't that brain wash for "it means whatever Victor W wanted it to mean?"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Wasn't it literal translation according to usage

Yes, it was. If one knows anything about translating foreign language, one should cringe at such an embarrassing, nonsensical phrase. 

25 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Isn't that brain wash for "it means whatever Victor W wanted it to mean?"

Yes, because his “translation” is neither literal nor according to usage

• Like 2