GreaseSpot Cafe

History of the World Part II

Raf

Nick Kroll was on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" this past weekend.  I had no idea who he was, but he's apparently in HOTW II.

Googling him, I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything else he's been in, though I do recognize a couple of the titles.

He seemed engaging, though.  Was he any good?

George

15 hours ago, Raf said:

Episode 1

Didn't laugh once

I attempted to watch episode 1.  I was unsuccessful.

I consider myself a good barometer as to whether something is really funny, mildly amusing, etc., as I will smirk, chuckle, and so on.

I didn't react at all.    That's usually the sign that something is painfully unfunny.

The only thing of note for me was that we were promised that Part II would include "Hitler on Ice" and, apparently, we got it in episode 1. It wasn't funny, but we got it.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw an interview of one of the actors. They included a clip from the show. The clip wasn't funny.  He was supposed to do a funny interview. He wasn't funny.  After one of his initial comments- odd but not funny-  fell, Mrs Wolf said "He thought that was funny. It explains a lot."

I hope this show is allowed to die a natural death and fade into obscurity, which is all it deserves.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:58 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Nick Kroll was on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" this past weekend.  I had no idea who he was, but he's apparently in HOTW II.

Googling him, I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything else he's been in, though I do recognize a couple of the titles.

He seemed engaging, though.  Was he any good?

George

Apparently not- I was talking about Nick Kroll.