GreaseSpot Cafe

Taking responsibilty. A long hard look at ourselves

MarieP

On 3/19/2023 at 9:05 PM, chockfull said:

I would also challenge MarieP and her husband to consider this.

Why would you challenge Marie's husband to do anything? Did he post here? Does he have any role in this thread?

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

Why would you challenge Marie's husband to do anything? Did he post here? Does he have any role in this thread?

She included him in her first post about how they agreed.

Why can’t you stop trying to find fault with every single little detail of my posts?

On 3/16/2023 at 4:50 PM, OldSkool said:

Thanks for being so candid. Very inspiring, very inspiring. I can relate to God's compassion and love shining through and melting that tough outer shell some of us tend to develop. I guess for me I dont really take the flight method when engaged; I tend to fight even when theres nothing left to fight about. Just part of my human weakness really, not something Im proud of, ashamed really...but my point is this is an area of my life that Ive been addressing pretty heavily the past few months. A fellow GSC compadre has helped me to understand that my background and upbringing taught me to go from 0 to 150 as a survival mechanism. So for the longest there hasnt been a rational side of me once provoked. Its truly taken God's love and compassion to melt that calloused shell of mine and Im making genuine strides at temperance and controlling my anger and preferring not to fight, well unless no choice remains...but how often is that truly necessary? It helps to see others because you remind me that Im not alone and others are in the same struggles. Ditto on forgiving them, and I have. It took a while because when I first left TWI I checked out and was courted by three off shoots and they all were so adamant that I forgive wierwille, and others. At the time, and even still to a degree, I feel that their motivations were to keep the gravy train rolling with the same, but altered doctrines that wierwille taught. Over time though I recognized that I was hanging on to an excuse, even if the excuse was true in cases. Really, it feels good to have dropped the baggage and bitterness I used to carry. I feel like Frodo after he realized that the ring was truly gone....relieved and breathing fresh air.

Cool perspective all the way across but point 5 is new to me and has my wheels turning. Thanks again!

Sorry took so long to reply! I very much appreciate learning about your and others' personal processings, and our Very Human Common Experiences and Ways of Dealing w/ Abuses, etc.  So glad for your new freedom and fresh air!!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, annio said:

Sorry took so long to reply! I very much appreciate learning about your and others' personal processings, and our Very Human Common Experiences and Ways of Dealing w/ Abuses, etc.  So glad for your new freedom and fresh air!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

I guess to sum up the title of this thread that I can expect the BOD of TWI to do what is stated there and take responsibility and a long hard look at themselves.

I did it myself in this thread.

I have never heard any version of TWI 1-4 do this in any sense other than during the fog years they listened to a couple people they shouldn’t have.

Does TWI 4 do this?  No.

3?  Ha. No.

2? Maybe for a brief time then the Galatians tapes and axing everyone because mad

1? Not in the makeup of the man to take responsibility and honestly self evaluate.

So the leaders of TWI basically do the exact opposite of what we are being called out here to do.  No responsibility.  No accountability.  No surveys put out.  No free time for questions.  Never ever ever ever ever take a long hard look at self.

Why is this? 

Hmmmm

:spy:

4 hours ago, chockfull said:

I guess to sum up the title of this thread that I can expect the BOD of TWI to do what is stated there and take responsibility and a long hard look at themselves.

I did it myself in this thread.

I have never heard any version of TWI 1-4 do this in any sense other than during the fog years they listened to a couple people they shouldn’t have.

Does TWI 4 do this?  No.

3?  Ha. No.

2? Maybe for a brief time then the Galatians tapes and axing everyone because mad

1? Not in the makeup of the man to take responsibility and honestly self evaluate.

So the leaders of TWI basically do the exact opposite of what we are being called out here to do.  No responsibility.  No accountability.  No surveys put out.  No free time for questions.  Never ever ever ever ever take a long hard look at self.

Why is this? 

Hmmmm

:spy:

Why is this? 

~~~~~~~~~

Authoritarians STAY IN POWER by leveraging a number of tactics.  They initiate and maintain this power by wielding absolute authority and command of the masses.  Whether religious or political, they gain access to power through bloodlines or bestowed this mantle from mentor/predecessor and establish inner circles of unquestioned loyalty.

Projecting strength, they face no obstacles of accountability to anyone.... thus, there is RARELY a time for introspection.  Definitely, not public introspection, because that spurs weakness.  The more demanding, the more ruthless the leader..... the more fear is the driving element of loyalty.  Subjects (followers) fear being ostracized and separated from the group....or worse.  Propaganda and/or church dogma fuels the fire of this fear.  As a cult leader starts losing control of his followers, his tactics change to instill fear of death in leaving the cult.

The Wizard of Oz bellowed his mighty power, but was little more than a wimpy old man behind the curtain pulling levers to project his power.  When the curtain was pulled back, accountability set in.

Wierwille died before his accountability set in.

Martindale was ousted and outed when lawyers got involved.

Rivenbark was basically forced to step down as corps demanded accountability.

Donna is the CEO and is shielded from responsibility AND accountability.

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Why is this? 

~~~~~~~~~

Authoritarians STAY IN POWER by leveraging a number of tactics.  They initiate and maintain this power by wielding absolute authority and command of the masses.  Whether religious or political, they gain access to power through bloodlines or bestowed this mantle from mentor/predecessor and establish inner circles of unquestioned loyalty.

Projecting strength, they face no obstacles of accountability to anyone.... thus, there is RARELY a time for introspection.  Definitely, not public introspection, because that spurs weakness.  The more demanding, the more ruthless the leader..... the more fear is the driving element of loyalty.  Subjects (followers) fear being ostracized and separated from the group....or worse.  Propaganda and/or church dogma fuels the fire of this fear.  As a cult leader starts losing control of his followers, his tactics change to instill fear of death in leaving the cult.

The Wizard of Oz bellowed his mighty power, but was little more than a wimpy old man behind the curtain pulling levers to project his power.  When the curtain was pulled back, accountability set in.

As WE know, the twi authoritarians tried to project strength, and for a time, we bought it. Your comparison to the Wizard of Oz is incredibly APT.

It occurs to me how twi authoritarians are culturally a couple of centuries behind the times.

Thomas Paine (who, when I once mentioned his name in a small group situation w/Wierwille, he started to get agitated), in a time when church leaders had remarkable control over their congregations, wrote The Age of Reason.

In American culture/society after WW2, the level of education in society grew exponentially, for a few reasons. Public education was a growing phenomenon AND the GI Bill spurred veterans to get post-secondary education.

One would think Wierwille/TWI, if ANYONE in leadership had done any introspection they might have been able to recognize this trend. 

So, it's not surprising to me at all they didn't get it and probably still don't get it.

Edited by Rocky

15 hours ago, skyrider said:

Why is this? 

~~~~~~~~~

This is a model of an extended Pharisee culture not a Christian organization based upon the Bible.