GreaseSpot Cafe

Catholics Cannot Eat Meat On Friday Except In Lent

I have to assume if the Pope or a Bishop decree something it is coming directly fron God? Yes/No? 
As the title indicates God apparently demands no meat shall  be eaten on Friday during Lent only.  This custom apparently originates from a law decades ago that states no meat could be eaten on any Friday of the year, under penalty if hell. If you  snuck a ham and cheese sandwich at your lunch, when you died your soul was hell bound. You needed to eat a tuna fish sandwich on all Fridays.

BUT, HOWEVER, the pope decreed decades ago, you can eat meat on Friday and your soul will go straight to heaven. Pity those poor souls who ate a bologna sandwich the Friday before this decree went into affect, as they were hell bound. But on the next Friday you could eat a roast beef sandwich for lunch, and a t-bone steak for supper, and enjoy life forever with God.

Back to no meat on Friday in Lent. Because the current Friday falls on St. Patrick’s day, the restriction of no meat has been lifted. Apparently St Patrick is such an important guy to God almighty, God says eat away on all that corn beef and cabbage you want. 
I am from Montana and beer is a necessary custom everyday. I have even witnessed the local Bushop saying getting drunk on St Patrick’s day was okay and was not required to be confessed to a guy in a black robe. Crazy proclamations to me.

Please explain how God can determines when to lift his decrees?

• 2 months later...

Some of you might find this item of interest.  Made-up doctrine, in any event.  No better than Pharisees commanding the washing of hands, dishes, and other rituals that have no Biblical basis.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/The-Roman-Catholic-Tradition-of-Eating-Fish-on-Fridays