GreaseSpot Cafe

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.”

If you believe God created man in his own image, and gave him free will, five senses, and the ability to reason, why are they no longer sufficient to please our Creator? Further, how did God create man, put him in the Garden of Eden, and in a very short time, his creation sinned against him? God’s handy work seems to have been flawed from the beginning, no? 

If you hired a contractor to build your home, and right from the beginning his best laid plans completely failed, would you allow him to continue erecting your house

.?image.png

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

Did something happen?

What happened is God created an imperfect man who went against God’s will, and God punished him, by casting man out of the Garden of Eden. Man also lost his ability to communicate with the God who created him. God removed the ability of his creation to talk with him. Sounds like a pretty cruel creator to me! If your son or daughter went against your wishes would you cut communications with them? I doubt it. 
It took thousands of years for God to finally send a perfect person, Christ, to suffer and die to regain the ability for his creation to talk with him. Why didn’t he make his original creations perfect, obviously he had the ability to do so? By not creating perfect people from the outset it has caused endless suffering, death, and war. This does not point to a loving father! Quite the opposite! If God were on earth he would have all his children removed by the state and sent to foster care. He would be prosecuted for murder and executed or set to prison for life.

1 hour ago, Stayed Too Long said:

What happened is God created an imperfect man who went against God’s will, and God punished him, by casting man out of the Garden of Eden. Man also lost his ability to communicate with the God who created him. God removed the ability of his creation to talk with him. Sounds like a pretty cruel creator to me! If your son or daughter went against your wishes would you cut communications with them? I doubt it. 
It took thousands of years for God to finally send a perfect person, Christ, to suffer and die to regain the ability for his creation to talk with him. Why didn’t he make his original creations perfect, obviously he had the ability to do so? By not creating perfect people from the outset it has caused endless suffering, death, and war. This does not point to a loving father! Quite the opposite! If God were on earth he would have all his children removed by the state and sent to foster care. He would be prosecuted for murder and executed or set to prison for life.

Oh. Okay, thanks. I appreciate that you provided more insight on your reason for starting this thread. :wave:

9 hours ago, cman said:

Is that what really happened? Previous teachings and learning should be looked at with some reason, logic and intellect.

That is my understanding of what really happened. Please provide the previous teachings and learning that should be looked at with some reason, logic, and intellect. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 5:02 PM, Stayed Too Long said:

Man also lost his ability to communicate with the God who created him. God removed the ability of his creation to talk with him.  Sounds like a pretty cruel creator to me!

That's what a certain cult teaches.  Maybe more than one teaches it?

On 4/3/2023 at 5:02 PM, Stayed Too Long said:

If your son or daughter went against your wishes would you cut communications with them? I doubt it. 

Exactly.  God never removed the ability of his creation to talk with him; and God has continued to talk with his creationS since time began.  Question is: do the creations listen?  Or have they failed to pay any attention?

On 4/3/2023 at 4:54 AM, Stayed Too Long said:

If you hired a contractor to build your home, and right from the beginning his best laid plans completely failed, would you allow him to continue erecting your house

If you hired a contractor to build your home, and right from the beginning you, or someone else, kept interfering with the plans, the contractor might reasonably get pretty ticked off. 

How many "design and build" contracts have you heard of - one thing was designed, and then multiple changes were introduced as, or after, the building was started.  Maybe the building needed to be built bigger - or smaller, because the money ran out?  Maybe there was a problem with the foundations - the subsoil wasn't as expected, there was an unknown hole or a load of archaeological artefacts.  Maybe a shortage of a type of building material?

A bespoke builder needs to accommodate changes.