GreaseSpot Cafe

Hello from Utah

redrock and blues

Howdy all!   By way of introduction: 76 orbits around the sun; pfal in '77 in western Colorado;  twig leader for a short time; estranged wife and son went to Indiana and Kansas for corps....family corps I think circa '80-83; moved briefly to KY where I was asked to leave the way by the KY branch leader;  moved back to Colorado in '83 and to Utah in time for the two big high-water seasons on the Colorado River.  Have been here ever since.

Been reading a lot of the material here and never realized how many scarred and damaged people came out of the way.  Fortunately I wasn't.  Lost money from classes and sponsoring my now Ex and son through the corps schools but it's only money.  Not an advanced class grad...never went wow and never considered going corps.   For a brief time I thought vpw was the real thing, but when he said (in one of his Sunday night tapes) that "it's time for a good, old fashioned book burning", I lost the "vision".  First thing that came into my mind were the pictures of the nazis burning books.  It was, as far as the ministry was concerned, all "downhill" for me from that point.  I remember my ex telling me some years later that she had been marked and avoided and that LCM told them they'd be grease spots without the ministry.  She said I could read about it on the GSC site....which I did sometime after 2000 CE.  She died in '03 and my son lives nearby.

Recently was strolling through Google and there was the new GSC!   Interesting threads, folks!  

My spiritual life is strong, but I eschew religion and worship groups....guess that makes me somewhat agnostic, but that doesn't seem to bother folks here.  Thanks.  Don't know what my contributions here will be, but I enjoy writing.  

Thanks for allowing me here and have a most enjoyable day!

-RRnB

Hi Nathan Jr.  Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Yeah...you really had to separate the wheat from the chaff with that guy.  "Sincerity is no guarantee for the truth"...and he was sincere about that!

Have a good evening, Nathan!

Welcome Redrock !

I got a kick out of your first post. I’ll tell you right off the bat you had me at 76 orbits around the sun! I love it!

I would have responded last night but after reading the rest of the thread I got stuck in an entertaining fantasy of an astronaut complaining his ‘daily’ commute  to and from work takes a year.

Fell asleep looking at my phone. 

Earth spun a little more - and picked up where I left off on wanting to say hi.

I look forward to the unique perspective you’ll bring to Grease Spot - - and just so you know - I’ve been around the solar system a time or two.

a round of Tang for everyone- on me! :beer:  :beer:  :beer: :beer:

Howdy Waysider and T-Bone.   Thanks for the welcomes!  I've been cruising around the site and am amazed how much material is here.  I jumped into a game but didn't understand the etiquette....got straightened out on it.   Cool place!   Thanks for tang....good drink for an orbiter such as we are!   Have a most enjoyable day.

1 hour ago, redrock and blues said:

Howdy Waysider and T-Bone.   Thanks for the welcomes!  I've been cruising around the site and am amazed how much material is here.  I jumped into a game but didn't understand the etiquette....got straightened out on it.   Cool place!   Thanks for tang....good drink for an orbiter such as we are!   Have a most enjoyable day.

Hi and welcome! Nice to make your aquiantence. 

8 minutes ago, redrock and blues said:

Hola OldSkool;   Thanks!  Nice to meet you too!  The sun is shining, the temperature is warm and it's all good!

Sounds like the makings of a great day!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 9:48 AM, redrock and blues said:

Redrock,

I'm glad you took your "reproof" in the intent it was given.  We're always looking for more players in "the game room."

Welcome,

George