GreaseSpot Cafe

Flat Earthers and You!

Beguiled

So I searched "flat earth" just now here at GSC and I didn't see any results that I'm aware of, so I thought I'd bring this subject up because it has been a thing again since...well, since "mis-information" was a new political weapon. I bring it here because the mental hurdles and cognitive dissonance that "flat-earthers" display is exactly like "wafers." 

I'm sure most around here have seen these videos but man, coming back here to GSC and reading the past few days has really reminded me and made just way too many parallels between wafers and flat-earthers for me not to bring it up. While I'm not too inclined to get into the details right now of their arguments and beliefs, I figured I'd share a few clips of my favorite "debunker" to do it for me. The best part is seeing the "deer in the headlights" look of flat-earthers when confronted with information that they created from their own experiments that runs opposite to their beliefs. It's just all pure gold. 

This first one is what Flat Earthers believe so you can understand where they are coming from. Just think of them like you were when you were in TWI and defending them and their beliefs lol. It makes for some great internal shenanigans. 

Edited by Beguiled
Me so stoopID

• Beguiled changed the title to Flat Earthers and You!
23 hours ago, Beguiled said:

An interesting "connection" to TWI lol. 

What it says to me is that TWI had its own unique cult brand of VPW-only beliefs (which we all got a full dose of) while simultaneously excluding what VPW believed was error.   I have no doubt that if VPW actually believed the earth was flat, we would have had corps teachings in TWI promoting that from Bullinger!  LOL.

2 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

I have no doubt that if VPW actually believed the earth was flat, we would have had corps teachings in TWI promoting that from Bullinger!

It doesn't matter whether or not he believed it himself. The point is that he lent credibility to a guy who did.

• Upvote 1