GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Fundraiser 2023

Raf

First of all, on behalf of the mods and Pawtucket, I want to thank everyone who has found it in their heart and means to contribute to the upkeep of GSC.

As you hospefully recall, this website costs about $1,200 a year to operate. Much of that cost is born by Pawtucket, although in recent years we have called on you to help out with the cost. We have put our money where our mouths are: I almost never post a fundraising request without donating, and today will be no exception.

This year, to keep everything going for a year, it will only cost $400. But we have to act fast, so I'm asking everyone to pitch in what we can by June 2. I am still hoping we can reach our $1,200 annual goal (if only so that we don't need to do this again in a year).

The yellow "donate" button is at the top of every page.

Let's do this.

Thank you Raf for posting this up.

I would like to add two things. This special offer for the year from the server people requires the full $400 be paid in advance, and is available only for a limited time. Time is of the essence. Whatever we each can muster out of our pockets ASAP is vital to taking advantage of the deal.

Further, and also quite important, it includes an extremely needed upgrade to the operating system. 

Finally, there really is no reason Paw should have to bear the brunt of the operating expenses of this place at this stage in his life. If we can reach this immediate goal it will, for now, give some breathing room. Let’s do this!
Thank you each for doing whatever you can do to help.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I was going to donate, but apparently it requires a phone that accepts texts (for some sort of ID verification), which mine do not.

Let me know how I can circumvent this.

George

I think PayPal may insulate you from that. 
I think they offer e-mail validation.

Paypal worked for me - though not the Donate button under the first post on this page.

41 minutes ago, Raf said:

We are $75 short. If you have any ability other than paypal [venmo, cashapp, zelle] let me know and I'll forward the payments to gsc/paw

I get paid later this week. I'll contribute. :love3: