GreaseSpot Cafe

Be strong in the Lord

We were taught that we should be strong in what someone is saying that the "rightly divided" bible says. If they are teaching "God's Word" then we are to be strong in what they say.

I don't believe this is true at all about being strong in the Lord. More like nearly the opposite, be strong in the spirit of your mind, the scriptures say. I think this is the key, you, your spirit, God is big enough to work with you. Sure, we can listen and hear what others say, but it should always be you, your spirit with the say on anything for you. And then you don't go trying to force feed it to someone else. Let them work with their own spirit.

Does this make sense to anybody? I may not have said it well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cman said:

We were taught that we should be strong in what someone is saying that the "rightly divided" bible says. If they are teaching "God's Word" then we are to be strong in what they say.

Huh?

WITAF is this supposed to mean?

Who "taught" you this nonsense? Victor Paul Wierwille, founder of The Way International, Inc.?

Is this in the collaterals? The AC?

1 hour ago, cman said:

Does this make sense to anybody?

No.

2 hours ago, cman said:

this was part of the trappings and compelling push to believe everything you were taught without questioning any of it

Yes, it makes sense to me. I think you may have found the essence of cultism as we knew it in The Wierwille Interpretation.

3 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Huh?

WITAF is this supposed to mean?

Who "taught" you this nonsense? Victor Paul Wierwille, founder of The Way International, Inc.?

Is this in the collaterals? The AC?

It means do as you're told by the minions of the MOG.

One of the prime directives is to sell classes, er... operate the ministry of reconciliation.

A fundamental principle is what The Wierwille Interpretation told you was "getting your foot off the firehose." Otherwise known as Malachi 3:10.