GreaseSpot Cafe

sociopathic and narcisstic and vpw?

vickles

Thanks Shaz,

Yes, co-morbidity....or as I was going to say, a lot of this stuff overlaps. I didn't have any experience with VPW but my observations of LCM are that he displayed narsasitic, sociopathic, and general psychopathic behaviors.

Of course, I am not a professional, just my observations.

Here are a list of general characteristics of psychopathy, which also in part are characteristic of the disorders you mentioned.

Glibness/superficial charm

Grandiose sense of self-worth

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

Pathological lying

Conning/manipulative

Lack of remorse or guilt

Shallow affect

Callous/lack of empathy

Parasitic lifestyle

Poor behavioral controls

Promiscuous sexual behavior

Early behavioral problems

Lack of realistic, long-term goals

Impulsivity

Irresponsibility

Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Many short-term marital relationships

Juvenile delinquency

Revocation of conditional release

Criminal versatility

A lot of those apply IMO.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone was asking me about this the other day, so I thought I'd bring this to the top for them.

Heck, it might also come in handy just in case rosie & donna are looking for someone with the proper qualities to take over when rosie retires. :biglaugh: We can't go putting someone in charge who would break the mold now, can we?

Excellent topic. I have lived with a narcissist for years! Many of you are correct about the charachteristics. They will take and take from you and you will never receive anything in return except to completely drain you!

Some insights: they are manipulative, cold inside (they may appear very sweet on the outside) that is one of their faces. Complete lack of empathy. Rage also comes in when things don't go their way.............

They get their knowlege of love and/or emotions from other people and from any source they think will help them in their ability to fool everyone in thinking they are so wonderful. They lie as easily as normal people breathe....

Nothing is ever their fault........

If you get close to a narcissist (one can never really be close) but they will project their feelings onto you.

Some ways to help picture a narcissist.............

Picture a vacuum cleaner with an empty bag inside. That is a narcissist, nothing on the inside............

A raw egg, the shell is very fragile, that is a narcissist.

Anyone see the movie Pleasantville?

Well, that is a narcissist, everything in black and white. The color comes in when there is actual feelings.......

There is much, much more and narcissist's can get into deviant behavior, usually sexually........ set off any bells???????

Narcissists are not people you want to be around. Most people can not see true narcissists. They are very, very, tricky people.

Believe me, I can say first hand that they can ruin your life if you do not understand them...........