GreaseSpot Cafe

Miracle anywhere?

JustThinking

WG that reminded me of this - driving back from Emporia, KS one winter, driving a truck loaded with Way Productions eq, stage stuff and assorted crap, I mean stuff. Driving out to Emp the snowstorm was one of the worst on record, we inched along, I think it took about 26 hours to get there from New Knoxvile. But we did. We called ahead. I think the first thing I heard was "you're LATE!" And these were my buds. Hey, half the loads on the road didn't even drive thru the night at all. But we're all dix at one time or another I guess.

Anyway, we do the doo and pack up Sunday night and on the way back the storm started up again full force - we'd had no sleep in about 4-5 days and it was early morning coming out of Kansas so we had to pull over and get more coffee. We inch back up the on ramp to get back on and figure, screw it, and pull off to the side behind another truck to take a nap for "just a few minutes".Zzzzzz. Next thing I know, BB's grabbing my shoulder, "Wake up, we gotta go!" chugging coffee now, we're inching back up on to the lane ahead, and it's snowing hard still. He turns to me and says "Man I just had the weirdest dream! We were sitting in the snow in the truck and got hit, a truck just slammed in to us!"

We're getting some steam now, 20 mph or so and suddenly there's all this metal scrinching and brakes grinding behind us, we're brushing off the rear view mirrors and there behind us coming up strong was an 18 wheeler jack knifing and carving up snow in front of it, I mean it was spraying. It slid right through the spot we'd been parked in and landed upright believe it or not. So getting out of the way was good for us and that driver. Cooooool.

baby's calling me home,

she keeps on callin' me home....

(boz scaggs)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 03 I get the phone call.

My sister has AML, leukemia of the worst kind

Death can be sudden

She is hesterical, blaming God and the world

After one hour on the phone, explaining God's love

She has the peace to start Chemo.

She kept saying that I was her strength.....

Tried to understand this.......

Visited her in R.I., Showed her God's love, His goodness, His desire to heal her, Jesus's words on agreement and prayer.

She wanted to know if this could happen....a healing from God......

Told her that God would reveal his love to her, as proof.

That Night, God visited my sister and made her whole (in body, soul and spirit)

Then I realized that God let her walk on my feet, let me be her strength, honored my faith, until she could walk on her own.

Outcome: There is no cancer in her body.

She has a tremendous desire to know God's Word. She prays for everybody she meets (many sick children from the hospital). She has great peace and great joy. She is thankful.

Her faith has made her whole........

She has plans for the rest of her life.....

Yes, we can transmit our faith to others.

We can be their rock, their peace, their joy, their strength, their example, until they can walk that wonderful path of loving God on their own.

A little love and compassion will ignite a miracle

Well Done.

If you again find yourself planning anymore visits to R.I. and would need to stop-over place; I am sure that we could spare a bed or 2.

Bless you, May our Heavenly Father bless you in everyway, in the wonderful name of His son and our brother Jesus.

Galen

ET1 SS - USN Retired,

Pilgrim of the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the mystic shrine.

and

'University of Life' Alumni

family+in+1997.jpg?

"I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk, when I lie down, and when I rise. And the answers are always coming. Tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right, I go on praying for it. the great point is never to give up till the answer comes. The great fault of the children of God is, they do not continue in prayer, they do not persevere. If they desire anything for God's glory, they should pray until they get it." - George Mueller

Yes, Oakspear, no blast in the blood, no blast in the bone marrow.

After the second chemo and test, the doctors came into her room with total shock, she was completely clean. They couldn't stop saying God bless you.

Then, the FDA doctors came in to interview her.

(was a Phase III clinical trial)

They were real blessed. All the doctors were concerned because, in the beginning, her health was so bad, they were afraid this very strong chemo would hurt her; but she handled it like a true champ.

Presently:

She was on schedule for a stem cell transplant and the doctors were real concerned about the eighth month, a time when the immature cells can come back (Feb, 2004)

Now they have pretty much cancelled the stem cell transplant and told her not to worry about Feb