GreaseSpot Cafe

The Best All Around Guitar Man

TED Ferrell

You may ask who can that be well let me tell who get's my vote,,why it's none other than mister socks here at gs.

John can play any style you may ask of him be it rock. blues,jazz or country.I recall a time I asked him to play a Wes Mongotmery jazz lead.which means playing in octavies.John did not blink an eye and said 'sure Ted i can do that"and he did it first time through, And you talk about playing the blues well all you think BB King is de man well I say John could blow him off the stage anytime.

So if any of you are a wanna be guitar man then my advice to you is pick this mans brain and

maybe just maybe you will get half as good as Mr.Socks the all around guitar man.

That will be twenty dollars John!! HA! HA!

lOVE yOU Bro.

Ted.

[This message was edited by Kit Sober on October 19, 2003 at 21:08.]

Ted, Ted, Ted. Good to see you man! Here we be.

I appreciate your words, but I thought that was 10 bucks...?!? Haaa!

You're kind. Don't tell Danny Hofer I've got Wes's licks down, he'll show us both up, in his sleep! I get the feeling Satori's got some things going too.

All I can say is I tried. I wish I'd done better. I liked being the utilty man, got to play and learn some stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. I've had a lot of catching up to do, broke my left middle finger about 6 years ago, and that put a cramp in my style. Had to relearn the whole dammed thing over again practically, couldn't even close my hand all the way. I'm a persistent li'l rascal though.

We never talk, which is my fault, but you know I've always felt you were a force to be reckoned with and one that held Joyful Noise together single handedly, despite all our cryin' and fighting and you never put us down or held us back. You let us take the front line and brought out the best in everyone. We may have been of limited talent, but you worked with what you had!

Saw Skip, Nancy and Dave G a few weeks ago. Some things never change, they're looking good, living large and still full of love.

Love you, man!

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

Glad you hooked up with Skip. Nancy and David.Last time I was in LA tried to figure out a way to go North and see those fine folk's and you and Janet too but did not have enough time.Did see snd talk with Paul D.and guess who showed up with him? Kristina Linder(Perez) and I asked her to do a few tunes for the LA believers and John she still has that pure crystal clear voice.Of course I requested He's The Highest Of The High and Silently my oh my John it brought tears of joy to my eyes.Love to see her record and put out a CD.

John I have a lot of irons in the fire.some things I will write you about later on and say listen next time I'm in Ca.will try to come knocking at your door

You still the best and I love you

Your Brother

Ted

If you guys need someone who plays blues harp I know a guy, his friends thinks he's really good and should be in a band, but he's not in a band. He loves Jr. Wells, and Howlin' Wolf's harmonica licks, and he's been known to play some early Led Zepplin licks as well as some Beatles tunes. At times he get's a little wild with old Army bugle calls, but it's all in fun. His goal in life is to be able to play Jimi Hendrix lead part of "Red House" completely on blues harp, one of these days he will.

Seth

"Why you be here four hour? You go NOW!"

Ted,

I agree 110% with your assessment of Mr. Socks as the great gitbox man.

We sure were blessed with many great and wonderful musical talents back in the early days. Their hearts were tender before God and they sure did come up with some beautiful music before TWI tried to squeeze them into a propaganda conformity machine.

Love you both; Ted and Socks

Way II much fun for one man.

love,

Bob Hansen