GreaseSpot Cafe

CFF "family reunion" do you have your laptops with you ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from John - he arrived safely and was already partying with some friends.

One in particular we haven't seen since we visited him in Nashville 1988!

He doesn't have a lap top - but I know Zixy will be there and I hope he has one with him.

He'll probably call back late tonight - if he remembers to. The party is probably in HIS room anyway - just like the old days!

Hope R. color>size>face>

BTW - he wore his Grease Spot T-Shirt there so Zix, and a few others GSer's we knew were going would recognize him!

Appplause...

"Thank You... Thank You"... is this thing on ... tap tap tap..."

Appplause and laughter...

" Thank you... You May Be seated... Wern't those great announcements..."

silence

Appplause...

"I SAID YOU MAY BE SEATED... Thank you... While I announce the Internet Hookup attendees... pulease hold your applause till the end..."

Appplause...

"...Shut up ... I got the floor... SIT down or else!!!!!!!..."

Stunned Silence...

"...Thank You...

From Hell & Back>>> Excathedra...

From the West Coast where she gets sand in her shoes>>> Ginger Tea

From A1A, Fla, USA>>> TheSongRemainsTheSame...

John has his digital camera with him - but no puter to hook it into... he's gonna try to find one and send them to me so I can post them. I hope he goes to HQ's again - but they're probably looking for him this time!

Hope R. color>size>face>

I can't help but wonder if every fly in the county showed up, like they used to for the Rock of Ages.

That was one of the advantages of hangin out on the outside of the tent and smokin.....kept the flies away.

Seriously though, I hope everybody's having a great time reconnecting.

Hi to all of you who know me,

I was at the dedication of the CFF church or meeting house or whatever you may want to call it, and the first or second reunion. I have missed the last ones because of health issues.

I'll try to describe a little what it was like for your understanding. For starters, the time was like the best times of the rock of ages.

CFF is like TWI in the early '70s before all the control and law set in. They want their fellowships to be sweet and healing. They use VP's PFAL series as their basic belief system but they also have a research group whose purpose is to go thru what we all have been taught to attempt to prove/disprove it. Last I knew Research Geek is in on that crew.

What you may think of Research Geek here may just give you a hint of what you can think of CFF.

Physically, Tipp City sits right on I-75 maybe 10 miles north of Dayton, Ohio. You get off I-75 and go west about a mile or so and there it is.

One-half mile outside Tipp City, on maybe 30 to 60 acres, back about 200 feet from the road; a smallish, churchish, (without a steeple) colonial style one story building. The CFF Fellowship building is new and pleasant. It seats about 170 people and maybe another 150 or so in the basement.

For large functions, they put a 40 by 40 foot tent out back for overflow diners and for those who just want to hang out. The $20 to $30 I was charged for these functions were to cover catering during the event. CFF's thinking was they wanted noone to be burdened by jobs when they could be having fun with old friends or making new ones.

Structured time was similiar to TWIs big weekend events in that there were 1 or 2 morning fellowships, 1 or 2 afternoon fellowships and an evening one. Try to get there Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon.

There was a lot of free time too. And no one ever told me I needed to get back into the fellowship when I was hanging out outside. Everyone was "blessed" and had a good time, and I got to meet some old friends.

Unfortunately, there were no WOW burgers, (my all-time favorite ROA food.) but the catered food was good, plentiful and varied. No one needed to go home hungery.

Housing is by several hotels, all right off I-75, and within one to eight miles away. They don't offer on grounds camping.

I rated My time there as .... Very Good!

Anyone with other experiences, good or bad, please add your opinions of your attendence there.

Way II much fun for one man.

love,

Bob Hansen

[This message was edited by dabobbada on August 04, 2002 at 2:03.]

Song,

Ihaven't had contact with them for two or three years because of health and other reasons.

I believe they honestly want to keep the good stuff TWI offered while getting rid of the bad stuff. I do think they have realised what TWI's mistakes were and are determined to not repeat them

I do not know if any of their leadership was in VP or Loy's inner circle of privileged perverts or not. From what I have read over the last few years, many people who were on staff for years did not know of the inner circle's evil doings. I am sure many of the ordained did not either.

If they knew or were a part of it and repented and changed thier ways, I would give them grace. But I'll watch thier actions as well as thier words until I was satisfied one way or the other.

We all have much to be embarrassed about when we come before the Lord.

I have looked at all the biggest breakaway groups from TWI and I believe CFF is far and away the best.

Bobba Dabobbada Neanderbobba Ebenezer Nebuchadnezzer O'Reilly O'Hansen

PS Does anyone know where the edit button is?

Nevermind, I found it! (talk about dumb luck.)

love,

Bob Hansen

[This message was edited by dabobbada on August 04, 2002 at 1:48.]

Song,

Have you so well figured it all out?

Do you have all the answers?

Can you tell me the difference between good and bad?

CFF has stated they do not have all the answers.

They have also said they are no better than any other christian group out there.

They have said they are trying to do the best they can according to what they understand. From my travels of many groups, christian and others, that is what they all are trying to do.

I no longer believe all TWI taught me but there was a lot of good and Godly things that were taught and lived. (Mostly at an inspired twig level early on.)

Your bitterness and resentment towards all things TWI does not negate the many good things God was able to work therein. (many times in spite of leadership.)

Your saying CFF is bad does no more to make them bad than my saying they are good does anything to make CFF good.

Present the facts and let people make up thier own minds.

How about you presenting some known facts rather than your feelings and innuendo? The things I have stated I have personally seen and heard.

Good night,

love,

Bob Hansen

How great to see ya!! I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you're doing.

Thanks for the facts you've observed. Facts can be refreshing. 8:

Hugs...hope you'll pop in from time to time.

I would have liked to go to the CFF Family Reunion this weekend, but just couldn't get away. I hope everyone's having a marvelous time there!

Linda

One of my all time favorites, I love reading your posts.

Many Hugz backatcha!!! I will try to become more of a presence here again.

The facts are important to get to the the truth. I hope CFF never strays from their founding principles or ever forgets the hard lessons they've learned. I do know their early history and they are off to a good start.

I have been so out of touch lately I didn't even know this weekend was the reunion. It would have been nice to make it.

When I was there I met maybe fifteen Waydalers, half of whom would not reveal their usernames. And many others including CFF leadership admitted to lurking at WD.

Bless ya bunches Linda!!!

love,

Bob Hansen

dabobbada

Free to Be

As of my last contact;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song,

Have you so well figured it all out?

Bob... No Sir I have not...

Do you have all the answers?

Bob...No Sir I do not...

Can you tell me the difference between good and bad?

Bob... Sir , the words speak for themselves according to a persons understanding of life...

CFF has stated they do not have all the answers.

They have also said they are no better than any other christian group out there.

Bob... with all respect to CFF followers and the head honcho ... what is their mission statement???

They have said they are trying to do the best they can according to what they understand. From my travels of many groups, christian and others, that is what they all are trying to do.

Bob... and so am I as well as you and "they"...

I no longer believe all TWI taught me but there was a lot of good and Godly things that were taught and lived. (Mostly at an inspired twig level early on.)

Bob...10-4 Sir... 20 yearz worth of service here ... 75-95... Loved the people... but when I realised what I was taught was certainly different than what they were teaching me... hence our meet here at GSC...

Your bitterness and resentment towards all things TWI does not negate the many good things God was able to work therein. (many times in spite of leadership.)

Bob... I may be bitter in the wordz you have seen me present here and my resentment toward "all things TWI" does not "negate" mine heart mine experiences as well as yours... SCREW LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!

Your saying CFF is bad does no more to make them bad than my saying they are good does anything to make CFF good.

Bob... Who is CFF???

Present the facts and let people make up thier own minds.

How about you presenting some known facts rather than your feelings and innuendo? The things I have stated I have personally seen and heard.

Bob... 10-4 ,,, and so Have I.... so do your facts and innuendo supercede my "seen & heard"???...

Good night,

love,

Bob Hansen

Rok on Bob Hanson

I Love too

William Steven Holloway

[This message was edited by TheSongRemainsTheSame on August 04, 2002 at 9:23.]

This thread roused my curiosity enough to go look at CFF's web site. I titled this post "WOW" because I noticed that CFF has a WOW training and commissioning in Venezuala later this month.

It appears to me that CFF is attempting to recreate TWI of the seventies and early eighties. Much of their "about CFF" material is so close to being exact quotes of "About the Way" material I remember that I'm surprised they haven't been sued by TWI for copyright violations.

From what I read, it appears that anyone who would have liked pre-LCM TWI might find CFF appealing.

I think that the following two paragraphs are very telling.

From "Paul?s Foundational Class" by Jon Nessle (aka Research Geek):

"Now some might say that this entire study is superfluous in light of the fact that we are all familiar with and have all partaken of a wonderful example of a foundational class: the Power for Abundant Living class taught by our Father in the Word, Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille. But I, as my manner is, like to go back to the primary evidence and re-inspect it and now I can better understand and appreciate that great example.

Perhaps we allowed Doctor's original class to be too easily dismissed in favor of the promise of something new but untested. Its replacement despite the yes-men's accolades did not turn out to be the quality of the former. And that, perhaps was, in part, a reason why we lost access to it and now have to build one anew. I pray that when we are done rebuilding our foundation, we'll have something to shout about as the builders of the second temple's foundation did in Ezra!"

I am wondering how someone who is obviously intellegent can heap praise on a person (wierwille), who has been shown to have plagerized

most of his work as well as been allegedly dievient in part of his life !

I don't understand this at all ?

Someone needs to explain this to me !

Tony

From "Paul?s Foundational Class" by Jon Nessle (aka Research Geek):

"Now some might say that this entire study is superfluous in light of the fact that we are all familiar with and have all partaken of a wonderful example of a foundational class: the Power for Abundant Living class taught by our Father in the Word, Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille. But I, as my manner is, like to go back to the primary evidence and re-inspect it and now I can better understand and appreciate that great example.

Perhaps we allowed Doctor's original class to be too easily dismissed in favor of the promise of something new but untested. Its replacement despite the yes-men's accolades did not turn out to be the quality of the former. And that, perhaps was, in part, a reason why we lost access to it and now have to build one anew. I pray that when we are done rebuilding our foundation, we'll have something to shout about as the builders of the second temple's foundation did in Ezra!"

Long Live Israel !