GreaseSpot Cafe

CFF "family reunion" do you have your laptops with you ?

Originally posted by Ginger Tea:

>>>~ Like, do you have a short memory, or what?

>>>'Those who re-live the past, are doomed to repeat it'

Would it actually have been that much trouble to look it up? Here's the actual Santayana quote: "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Thse who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

>>>AND

>>>'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'

>>>I forget where these pearls of wisdom come from, right now, because I'm seething at the lousy, poor, thoughtless remark made to Excathedra ~

It's no fault of mine if you took offense.

>>>Who are you to judge what anothers' crimes are, in effect, to other people, that they should be forgiven or forgotten because someone Dead now!!!

I said nothing of the sort, but would it be too much trouble for you to actually READ what I wrote? Apparently so.

>>>>Many lousy people, S.O.B.'s, and downright evil people are dead, yet, their legacy lives on...in the hearts and minds of their victims, or in others' collaborating and in agreement with the evil doers lifestyles...

The length of time you allow dead people to abuse you is entirely up to you. Displacing the blame only serves to make the vicitmization linger.

>>>You just need to feel loved, and follow a group, don't you?

Irrelevant. I posted what I actually SAW, not what I wished to believe. You might try it some time.

>>>If that's what you want to do, continue to take the same medicine, go right ahead But, I wouldn't tell someone else to get over anything, to make your ~ how can I put this ~ transition, or consideration, any easier ~

Straw men are always easy to knock down. It's the effort involved in your building one that strikes me as a waste.

>>>>Everyone should just stop talking about their mindful experiences and education, their information about 'cults' because Zix got a fix!!!All the books are wrong now too, I guess!

(wonder why these authors aren't sued?)

Heaven only knows what THAT little rant was about.

>>>Cheat yourself all you want, but you don't have a right to tell victims...to cheat themselves from the growth and processes that go along with surviving 'cultists', perverts, liars, plagarists, leachers, cruel abusers, or anyone else who put one in harm's way! Dead or Alive!!

Ginger Tea

Wow. What color is the sky in your world, anyway? I mean, doesn't it physically HURT to be that willfully ignorant? I usually tolerate your scatterbrained derailings with a due sense of exhaustion and dread, but my buffer is finally full.

Let me put this in very simple terms:

You weren't there.

You don't know how every individual inside CFF feels about VPW.

You obviously don't know how I feel about VPW.

I do not advocate CFF. I do not condemn CFF. I went to see for myself, which is more than most of the posters on this thread did.

The world is not as black and white as you want it to be.

My email address is posted. The next time you get your panties in a wad over something you thought I meant, use it. I might read it, or I might killfile it. Either way, it will keep this kind of noise off the forum.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Wow. What color is the sky in your world, anyway? I mean, doesn't it physically HURT to be that willfully ignorant? I usually tolerate your scatterbrained derailings with a due sense of exhaustion and dread, but my buffer is finally full.

What color is the sky in your world Zixar? You have said some bizarre stuff but hey you are entitled to believe what you want.

As far as Gingie being willfully ignorant and a scatterbrain, you obviously do not know her! I do and she is a very smart person.

I have more to say, but first I have to go count to a billion!

quote:
Originally posted by AdiosMiCorazon:

quote:

What color is the sky in your world Zixar? You have said some bizarre stuff but hey you are entitled to believe what you want.

As far as Gingie being willfully ignorant and a scatterbrain, you obviously do not know her! I do and she is a very smart person.

I have more to say, but first I have to go count to a billion!

AMC: People disagree. That's normal. What I object to is people blasting me for things they only THINK I said. I've never condoned VPWs abuses. Not once. For GingerTea to infer that I was doing so indicates your perception of her intelligence may not be quite so high as you'd think.

For all of you who think that any thing that has anything to do with Wierwille is sheer, unadulterated evil, let me ask you this:

I was standing not 3 feet away from VPW's grandson and namesake on Friday evening.

Should I have shot him to stem the "evil"?

"The next time you get your panties in a wad over something you thought I meant, use it. I might read it, or I might killfile it. Either way, it will keep this kind of noise off the forum."

That was way outta line.............and I have had my share of bad responses to other posters

I wasn't there either but the "tag lines" of CFF are pretty clear

Outta bounds is what your latest post is, and that's the least of the offense

No lady deserves to be spoken to that way, even if perception requires it

As Gomer Pyle said.......shame, shame, shame

PS. nothing personal against you

from the poster formerly known as 'firebarrier'

At first you said to Excathedra:

quote:
Who is dead, after all. What point is there in letting him stress you any more from beyond the grave?

Then in your response to Ginger you said:

quote:
The length of time you allow dead people to abuse you is entirely up to you. Displacing the blame only serves to make the vicitmization linger.

Zixar, to me these words mean that you want Exxie to just get over it. Can you imagine how hard it is to get over such a thing. Yes, he is dead but like I said before so is Hitler. Am I comparing VP to Hitler, maybe I am. The point is I am trying to get to a point where you can understand what it is like to be a victim. I think you can have compassion for someone who was victimized by Hitler and the anger they might feel even though he has been dead for many many years. How insensitive you would seem to them if you told them "The length of time you allow dead people to abuse you is entirely up to you"

Displacing the blame on whom Zixar?

zixar:

quote:
Would it actually have been that much trouble to look it up? Here's the actual Santayana quote: "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Thse who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

aren?t you brilliant ? you looked up a quote.

quote:
I said nothing of the sort, but would it be too much trouble for you to actually READ what I wrote? Apparently so.

what does this mean :

quote:
Who is dead, after all. What point is there in letting him stress you any more from beyond the grave?

and

quote:

speaking the truth about wierwille is not displacing the blame.

quote:

that was really really mean. that was a personal attack.

quote:
You don't know how every individual inside CFF feels about VPW.

but we do know how ?CFF? feels about wierwille. the references to the wonderful father in the word and his wonderful foundational class are published on THEIR web site

quote:
Either way, it will keep this kind of noise off the forum.

i?m so thankful for Ginger?s beautiful noise

zixar, maybe you would do better to stick to noise like looking up web sites about deadly asteroids

quote:
Originally posted by AdiosMiCorazon:

At first you said to Excathedra:

quote:

Then in your response to Ginger you said:

quote:

Zixar, to me these words mean that you want Exxie to just get over it.

I can see how one might think that. It's not what I meant, though.

Can you imagine how hard it is to get over such a thing.

I can only begin to guess. My point was not that the abused should just "get over it", for I believe that recovery is a process that takes time. My point was that a victim has control over his or her own further exposure to the abusive influence.

Yes, he is dead but like I said before so is Hitler. Am I comparing VP to Hitler, maybe I am. The point is I am trying to get to a point where you can understand what it is like to be a victim. I think you can have compassion for someone who was victimized by Hitler and the anger they might feel even though he has been dead for many many years.

I agree with you. The problem is that, under your analogy, Hitler's victims are spreading their entirely rightful hatred for Hitler to an undeserved hatred of all Germans, in this case. That's neither fair, nor supported by the evidence. That's why I posted the other question. Since we can obviously establish that NOT everything Wierwille was responsible for is evil, we show that the idea that says otherwise is false on its face.

How insensitive you would seem to them if you told them "The length of time you allow dead people to abuse you is entirely up to you"

Displacing the blame on whom Zixar?

As I said above, anyone or anything even remotely related to VPW, when it was VPW who was responsible.

Ginger

Ahem

TOOMBSTONE fan here...

Ringo... Well, I didn't think ya had it in ya...

Doc H... I'm you're Huckleberry...

Ringo... This fight is not between you and me...

Doc H... I beg to differ... Remember... "Play for Blood?"

Ringo... I was just fooling around...

Doc H... I wasn't...

oneyedjackswild1

[This message was edited by TheSongRemainsTheSame on August 06, 2002 at 20:20.]

Wow, Here I open this thread to answer what I thought was an honest question and I end up back in a Salem witch-hunt.

Obviously, those that asked what the CFF family reunion was like already thought they knew and no accounts of the truth of ones own personal experience would ever convince anyone otherwise.

All I know is I was blessed, encouraged and edified (I know you will all yell TWI TWI way brain at me, but actually you would have to argue with the Bible's author cause that is where I got those words, not TWI) by my visit there. I saw fruit of the spirit there (everyone of them), contrary to what I just experienced reading this thread. I thought I must be in the wrong place, this doesn't seem like the GS that helped me leave twi2, in fact I thought I had just hit upon a website for TWI 3,or 4 or 5 all rolled into one!

Bye folks.

Napkinlady

Fold TWI, Fold!

This is Greasespot Cafe, after all, where right or wrong doesn't matter. All you need to do is find a bunch of cronies to lend your rants some validation, and you're in like Flynn. Topics aren't relevant, and any wrong done you in the past totally justifies any wrong you do in the future.

What WAS I thinking?

Now where were we? Tombstone?

"Are you going to do something, or you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

Or was it a beer-up so we could all go p1ss on Wierwille's grave?

No, wait, or was it more feel-good psychobabble and fortune-cookie platitudes?

Damn, I've lost my place again...

Zixar, I won't be nearly so elequent ( I like your style!)but I'll attempt to answer.

What made me think that this was twi 3 4 and 5 all rolled into one is that people who have never been or ever will check our anything else are slamming the very thing they have not checked out and know nothing about.

TWI screams there is no truth outside of TWI and seems to me that those that slam any other group without checking it out are saying the same thing!

Napkinlady

Fold TWI, Fold!

Thank you for your response Napkinlady. You are entitled to your opinion about CFF and I am entitled to mine. We are in different places in our lives so, you might see it one way and I another. There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't want anything to do with TWI and anything related to it. So I can express my opinion about CFF freely here at GS. Like you can express yours. Something that could not be done in TWI,"Keep that mouth shut and agree." policy. That is why I was curious about you calling GS TWI 3, 4, or 5.

So if CFF is not like TWI, then they should be able to take some remarks from a bunch of reprobates.

Zixar,

you said:

quote:
Now where were we? Tombstone?

If you were in Tombstone, we could meet at "big nose Kate's" saloon

First round is on me.

Actually, Tombstone is a friendly town with good people who live and work there.

All right, everyone. Maybe I'm just guessin' here, but I have a pretty darn solid hunch that Jesus Christ didn't bleed and suffer and die for us so that we could all verbally rip each other to shreds.

Freedom: The right to open mouth and bare teeth?

Tolerance: Something to be received but not given?

Love: Something to be reserved for those who agree with us?

Ain't it great to be out?

Yeah. Sure.

Linda