GreaseSpot Cafe

CFF "family reunion" do you have your laptops with you ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, Zix, you recognized Sharon Stone from "The Quick and the Dead". I just assumed everyone would know that wasn't Val Kilmer on a good hair-day. (although I should probably check archives for something from "The Doors", ol' Jim Morrison could certainly wear a good head of hair).

What I was looking for was a picture of Marilyn Monroe in a western hat, but figured who better to typify the Hollywood western slap-leather-buddy-this-ain't-no-flute-in-my-holster mentality than Sharon Stone? All we need is Matthew Crowe for that big smacker from Ging!

You want a derailment? Here's your huckleberry...

-------------

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

I've said this before (on Nostalgia I think)

I need to go to movie school! Where do I sign up and which professors do I "take". I'm tired of being ig'nrent.

I have a half-hearted list concocted over here...now somebody please tll me what else to watch...

Ginger, you can be the school's HeadMistress if you like...but somebody get me started. (please?)

Hmmm...sure! How do we play?

I'll raise you....one....Sigourney Weaver?

Movies...I need to check that list out! Krys, while everyone's disconnecting their laptops I would highly recommend these flicks:

The Abyss...sci-fi fantasy, with a nice love story in the sub-plot. Cool effects, and not a horror kind of thing, which bore me.

The Quick and the Dead, aforementioned, with Sharon Stone, Russell (not Matthew! smak smak!) Crowe, Gene Hackman. A western shoot out movie, in fact, one collection of shoot-outs one after the other. Interesting story, kind of fun if you like westerns.

Pale Rider/The Unforgiven....more westerns, Clint Eastwood stars/directs in both, first as the man who stll doesn't have a name, and then as William Muny, former really-bad-guy, back to try killing again one last time, but this time for "good". Both great flicks to see back to back. Pale Rider cinematography is great, Unforgiven feels like it might have really been in the "old" west.

Ghost Dogs....with Forrest...can't recall his last name. Story of a young man who's a "hit man" for a mafia family, he follows a Samuraii code of conduct. Language is x-rated, but it's a quirky kinda cool flick.

Memento....rent Memento! Great flick. Insurance estimator loses his short term memory after his wife is killed, can't remember more than 5 minutes in a row what just happened. Story is told backwards, starting from the "end", in little clips that revolve around his search for her killer. Ya gotta see it, can't say more, the plot is filled with cool stuff. The ending leaves you going "...uh...uh...whu...????"

------------

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

[This message was edited by socks on August 09, 2002 at 16:45.]

I have copied those into a Word document and it is planted on my computer Desktop.

Anyone else reading this, please consider my plea. I am serious. All the time I spent as an innie, and all the extra hours my career sucked out of me, left me with little time for these things, and I find myself as it I am uneducated.

Email me if you like...it's in my profile...or here it is:

krysilis@voicenet.com

Thanks. Thanks for the list....and thanks for taking me seriously and responding in like manner.

Ex wrote:

what does CFF stand for ?

"Can't Forget Father" ?

You are FUNNTY! Did you win that funny contest? I voted for you and nominated another.

Robin:

JAL told you there was no word or what outside of CES? I'd like to hear it.

What a thread this has been. I agree with all of you about everything, I think.(except the insults) But mostly with Hope's posts.

If some of you went to the CFF meeting and got blessed I am very happy for you!

Those of you who do not understand why they seem to elevate VP, I find that disturbing as well.

Kinda like saying the serial killer and sexual pervert "John Wayne Gacey" had some great paintings. He was talented and did some community projects for which he was respected. But he was a killer. Where does that leave his paintings?

If you like his paintings enough to buy one and bring it into your HOME and your LIFE -- can you really seperate the painting from the artist? Can you compartmentalize his life by saying just because he killed young boys does not mean it is a bad painting? Afterall, he did do some great community projects...

Well, I guess it is perception: what it means to you. I would look at the painting and see the hands that choked teenagers applying the paint to the canvas and not get past it. Others would see the struggle of a good man with evil and the painting reflected his good side. (I would be unable to see the good.)

I would probably attend CFF myself if they did not value Dr. VP. I would respect them more if they were to give BG Leoneard the credit for the class and the research. If they are loyal and forgiving to VP because of what they heard in the PFAL series, then their loyality is misplaced, in my opinion, and they should give BG Leonard the credit he deserves.

If and when they do that, I will go to one of their meetings. I can not get past their view of VP as I can not hang a painting done by John Wayne Gacey in my home. VP represents evil to me. To others, not so personally affected, he represents their introduction to the Bible.

God Bless all of you.

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on August 11, 2002 at 19:57.]