GreaseSpot Cafe

Twig Coordinators' Meeting at the ROA

Oakspear

We were at that meeting, what a blast from the past this brings up, wowzers.

(hey, why are we all in bold in this thread?_

It would be interesting to see how many people could post about a meeting they were at where a leader got out of control and humiliated or verbally assaulted someone in front of everybody.

• Upvote 2

It would be interesting to see how many people could post about a meeting they were at where a leader got out of control and humiliated or verbally assaulted someone in front of everybody.

Crystal,

Probably more than God would prefer. If you add in the subtle humiliation and treatment of others who were inferior because their name tag wasn't right, it's probably a Looonnnngggg list.

But, if you want to count, I'll put my name at the top. And you can quote me on that. :)

JT

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I think they allowed themselves to be "set off" by trivial stuff just to have an excuse to scream their lungs out, give the false appearance of being "spiritual" (Yeah but what kind of spirit, bucko?") and intimidate everyone else.

One thing I'm very thankful for is that after living a few years in LCM-ville, I can smell a load of BS 50 miles this side of New Knoxville.

WG

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I think they allowed themselves to be "set off" by trivial stuff just to have an excuse to scream their lungs out, give the false appearance of being "spiritual" (Yeah but what kind of spirit, bucko?") and intimidate everyone else.

WG

Good point. There were definitely some people who were corpse or leader.... wannabes who would otherwise have been living under a bridge. No social skills and pretty weird. I met one BC at the ROA who was pushing his folks to invest in a silver coin scheme he was selling. Looked like a slimy used car salesman. Bad jacket, bad haircut. Kind of like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade but without the suave personality. :blink:

Come to think of it, there were a lot of people who were kind of on the fringes of society who found a home in twig. Kind of a-social and backwards. Give that person some power and bad advice, yikes!

JT

• Upvote 1

What interesting things you miss when you're field Corps, and have the privilege of serving by scrubbing the portaloos!

Bravo the guy who tossed the armband at the tosser :biglaugh:

• Upvote 2

Bow jr (12 years old at the time) and I were there too - we were rather thrilled to be in that

particular meeting, truth be told. Oh, the spiritually mature elite we thought we were!

How ironic. We had the same feeling. "Wow, in the same tent with all of the leadership!" What a doofus I was! OMG.

JT

And then LCM took it to new heights....or depths, depending oh how you look at it.

Men in Rainbow Tights Doing the Hot Married Chick in Red Tights Dressed Up in the Devil Outfit?

And then all of us got to show it to our kids so they could see what a star he was too?

Looking back this stuff is so funny you couldn't put together a comedy routine that would do it justice.... :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Wow. I still get shocked over reading this stuff. The lack of consideration for others is huge when LCM made this "godly" decision. That guy going WOW probably gave up a job for "God", thinking he was doing "God's" will.

LCM didn't learn from this situation. I know after this he cussed terribly at lunch time in the OSC Dining Room, with many children present. Thinking back to those days, I'm amazed at the amount of personal information shared in public which should never been for Staff ears.

I wonder how the loyster feels about this now. That is, the *private* information aired in public.

Castrated by rosie..

the sexual "indiscretions" that make him ENTIRELY unfit to be da bigwig over any legitimate corporation. Not to mention the unfitness to be a personal "trainer" for ANYBODY..

unfit.

the "road trips" with p*n*rello.. to gawd knows where..

I wonder if he has any personal feelings in this regard..

maybe he doesn't care.

maybe he's proud of the audaciousness of "da good old days.."

and the poor character he was largely responsible for driving to suicide..

if it isn't "incorruptible seed".. going to heaven, all hell not being able to stop one from going..

what are the alternatives?