GreaseSpot Cafe

Need Song Suggestions

TOMMYZ

I put together comp. CD's for fun and got a request from a friend. He'd like a collection of songs based on the theme "Blessed Is The Nation Whose God Is The Lord". I'd like some suggestions. Of course "God Bless The USA' would be there but I need some more songs.

Does anyone know where I could get that song "Blessed Is The Nation" by the group Agape' as an MP3 ? (or tell me how to copy my old LP onto the computer)

Any song suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A little while ago, I got a computer program called Musicmatch Jukebox. As long as your turntable is working, it will convert any analog source into an MP3. This means you can also convert tapes into mp3's (even 8 tracks... )

This Land is your land this land is my land...

I don't know about the Agape song but your search was intriguing -- I wanted to see all the songs of that ilk and here are some:

Irving Berlins God Bless America Songs of Inspiration Includes chords, strum patterns, melody and lyrics for: Amazing Grace ? America, the Beautiful ? Battle Hymn of the Republic ? From a Distance ? God Bless America ? Imagine ? The Lord's Prayer ? The Star Spangled Banner ? Stars and Stripes Forever ? This Is a Great Country ? This Land Is Your Land ? United We Stand ? You'll Never Walk Alone ? You're a Grand Old Flag ? and more.

At the music box site:

God Bless America, Stars and Stripes Forever, America the Beautiful, You're a Grand Old Flag, When the Saints go Marching In, This Land is Your Land, Battle Hymn of the Republic, U.S. Army Anthem, Anchors Aweigh - U.S. Navy Anthem, Semper Fidelis, U.S. Marines Anthem, Semper Paratus, U.S. Air Force Song, Washington Post March, My Country Tis of Thee, United States National Anthem (Star Spangled Banner)

Dot Matrix

Real Audio Favorites

If you go to this website and click on the spiritual section, there is a song called "we will stand." It's a 9/11 tribute. It gives the artists name too but I forgot.

I'm not sure you can copy songs off this site though, I think it's for just listening too.

It's a neat little site anyway. And if you post in the guestbook somebody may send it to you. Someone did that for me when I wanted a song to download on my harddrive.

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

You need the following items:

1. A fast enough PC - Pentium 2 233 MHz or better

2. A Sound card in your PC

3. A Stereo amp with aux output

4. Patch cords

5. A Sound program for input capable of MP3 output (I use Sound Forge. They hae a "lite version" for $70. There are less expesive programs out there maybe even shareware that can do this.)

A. In Windows, you need to turn on recording by clicking on the volume control icon in the taskbar / properties and select Recording instead of playback

B. Enter the Sound Editing program and ready a file for recording.

C. Play the record (You probably will need to repeat several times for the proper bass treble and volume settings

D. When done close the file and save to MP3 format.

This is the gist of it, but you may find there are a few more steps for your soundcard or opearting system.

Thanks for the suggestions. My friend was looking for "contemporary christian" songs on that subject.

Over at Kazaa I've found "We will stand" by Eric Horner, which I guess is the song you were talking about.

I have the Musicmatch 7.2 and the latest edition of Roxio Easy CD creator so I have the capability to record LP's. I just wasn't sure how to do it. I'll play around with recording this week and see how it goes.

quote:
Originally posted by Digger:

TommyZ, I have 5 lp's with Sousa marching songs (i.e. God Bless America,, Star Spangled Banner)if you'd like them. Email me privately if interested, they'll go cheap

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of your Sousa records, I love Sousa!! but ahemmm, Sousa didn't write God Bless America or the Star Spangled Banner and they aren't marches.

How about including Dean Ellenwood's FREEDOM SOIL?

You would need his permission of course.

Those lyrics almost always bring me to tears.

"I am proud of my country's heritage.

We're living on freedom's soil.

Brave men have gone before me here unfraid to pray and toil.

And I intend to keep on building up what others seek to spoil.

And God still bears his mighty arm when men to him are loyal."

• 2 weeks later...