GreaseSpot Cafe

Cool names for pets.

RottieGrrrl

That other thread got me thinking. I LOVE the name Nico. Nikko, Niko, whatever.

Nyx-/Nyxie: Female dog/cat. (Nyx Is Godess of the night, in mythology)

Dillinger: Male name, dog.

Dracula: Black cat.

Vampi: Female cat/black dog.

Zeus: Male Dog

Hmm, what other names are there? Always nice to compile a list for future fur kids.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

My black little peke is "Cinders"

One of my little red rescued male dogs is "Ozzy"

My blonde peke is "Murphy"

I once was at the vet and this Little snapping biting grrr-grrr -grrr (in fast motion) grrr-grrr-grrr dog went in before us. When we went in the vet was laughing.

He said "guess what the name of that dog is?"

"What?"

"chainsaw"

I once groomed a huge old English sheepdog named "Tinkerbell." LOL

An old Basset Hound name "Watson" (you could almost see the pipe and hat.)

Dot_Matrix.gif

The hamster: Louie, cuz he was a girl named loo loo for a few months and it was discovered she was a boy.

The fish: Mack, cuz of Paw but I can't remember what or why. And Purdy, cuz she is.

The frog: Al, cuz my kid thought I said ALstralian frog, but what I said was AFrican frog and then Af didn't seem to fit. Al croaked recently.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

We tend to name our furry children human names. Let's see there is Lucy , a red chow, Isabella the black lab, Maggie the Yorkie, Otis the orange tabby, Emma a gray tabby, and Annie another gray tabby.

In the past there have been others who are no longer around. The only two that I can recall that did not have human names were, Babycakes and Kittykins, both of them felines.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot our newest member, Bob Brownleg a guinea pig. (I was told that was his elvish name.) He is black with one brown leg and very spoiled.

And now the kidlet is working on me for an iguana. But you have to have four legs and fur for mom to adopt you. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Our German Shepherd bitch is called: 'Ginger' she is black, brown and ginger coloured.

We have 2 beehives with 5,000 - 8,000 bees in each colony, though we have not named any of them.

My daughter had a cat named socks. (She just leaned over my shoulder and typed that last).

OMG these are totally cool names. Though I'd like to also hear names you'd think are cool names too, for future pets, not just the fur kids you own now, (thought they're totally cool names, ALL of them)

Galen, must we call a female dog a bitch? Can't she be called a Dam? Or is that just a fancy name for bitch? I don't really know.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

I have a cat named cuddles but only will answer to kitty.

2 Dashchunds Tasha and Fritz

2 frogs with no names

Had a black lab called Megan.....a mutt called Boss.....Boss's

mom was Heidi.....a himalayan cat called noodles...a tabby cat

called Puchinelli, another cat...Moses.....dog called Pal.....

hubbies brother had a dog called Yo! oh ya had a great yellow

tabby cat called Fred Ziffel....other names I like are cream

puff, sticky, spanky, Gee, ralf, meyer, muttley. oh I could go

on and on with animal names so don't let me get started.lol

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

Our dog's name is Frisky, and it fits him reaaallly well - just ask Oakspear, RottyGrrrl, or Lindyhopper.

Our cats are named Moon, Star, and Ceci (short for Cecilia, after the Simon and Garfunkel song, you know, "Cecilia, you're breaking my arm . . .")

Our fish are named Honey (a honey gourami) & Kehless (a Siamese Fighting Fish a.k.a. a Betta), and I forget the names of the other 2 fish.

Josh's snakes are Danny and Jackie, because we don't know if they are male or female, and those names are good for both.

When my kids were little they adopted two kittens from the same litter. One was orange female, the other a black white and grey male. The felame was "Pumpkin" and the male was "Shadow". We think Shadow ran away to die...about 7 or 8 years old...Pumpkin lived until almost 20!

One of my best friends has a Shepherd/Retriever mix and she is a totally wonderful dog. He named her Calisto (Greek word = beloved)

I have two adolescent cats/kittens now. Male and female from the same litter. I call them Bonnie and Clyde!

Over 20 years ago, the first cat insinuated her way into our lives. It was a bitter cold February when this little pathetic meemur was near frozen on my city sill...tuna was cheap that week, so I invited her in. She chose us and stayed with us, understanding perfectly the one proviso for habitation...no scratching the furniture.

Named her Hupodema...a greek bastardization loosely translated as "underfoot"...but it didn't fit her...she became Jasper for a day or two...then her real ministry became evident one day when I looked out the window and saw her and a number of toms --ahem--catting about.

She was a feline slut-o-rama...but gentle and sweet. She became forever known as MOMCAT...lotsa kitties.

Now our granddaddy cat is CHICAGO...he hadda bro (WHITE SOX) but he is buried in the backyard.

...he died first...whole 'nother story...lol.

We also have ALAYWA and ZEAL...all three are gray tabbies...

I had an Irish Terrier named "Marf"

A German Shorthair named "Mr. Starbuck" (named after the 1st Mate in Moby Dick, NOT the coffee)

Another German Shorthair named "Rhino"

A German Wirehaired Pointer named "Salty".

He was way cool and a fine purebred. But, he was stolen. His full name was "Darkwing Salt Of The North"- he came from Darkwing Kennels, u-c

And Rottie Grrl: Surely you must know that in the world of dog breeding and training and such,there is no other way to describe a female dog other than to call her a "bitch". It just isn't done any other way. The negative form of the word, when referring to "not so friendly female humans" is the slang, and came after the original use of the word when referring to a female dawg. Kinda like how the word "gay" was twisted to mean a "sexual lifestyle" instead of just being "outwardly frivolous and happy".

I think you are right about the word "Dam", as in a the mother dog who whelped the pups. I believe that in the "dog breeding world", all female dogs are "bitches", but not all bitches are "dams" unless they have pups. My wife and I have been around a lot of German Wirehair Pointer breeders and trainers lately, and it does seem a little weird when I hear them use the word "bitch" so freely....

I had a full blooded dalmation whose name was Sir Royal George Spottington.

My cats names are fat cat (who no longer is fat but was when we named him), dufous (because he is just a weird cat who will walk and all of a sudden try to grab something that is not there), and a one that I just never can remember the name because its a japanese name my daughter named so I just call it the little cat.

My dogs names are missy, jake, and monster pup or fang, depending on who calls him what. He answers to anything actually. That is our wolf dog. He has fangs bigger than my head, I swear!!! He will knock people down and lick them to death. He loves people and when they are done being licked to death he will start howling.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!