GreaseSpot Cafe

docvic's(praise be his name) junk science

Steve!

Let's hope that bubble doesn't burst too soon.

All those unshackled derbil spurts furiously descending back to earth would certainly be enough to spoil any fine afternoon.

Speaking of weird theories, here's another flashback of an utterance I heard 1 or 2 times: that because Jesus' flesh was perfect, he could have remained gibbited on the cross indefinitely, his wounds healing day after day, had He not willed Himself to die. Sort of reminds me of Prometheus chained to a rock, getting his liver eaten by an eagle each day, with His wounds healing each night.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

That is a weird one about His flesh. Though gross, if you look at it from their viewpoint, there is a certain logic of godly self healing. But why bother to self heal while still remaining up there with those nails in your body.

Just calll in the 12,000 angels, clean some clocks and get down.

The perfect body could be eternally self healing but when peirced by those nails, the body was no longer in perfect condition.

Just be alert and stay prepared to duck when them ricocheting debils come zinging by now. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Way II much fun for one man.

love ya,

Bob Hansen

quote:
Originally posted by dabobbada:

The reason for this thinking is based on the microwaves bouncing around the universe from the big bang. Instead of being uniform in nature and coming from one direction, they are highly irratic bouncing around from all over the place in different intensities. As if they were bouncing around in a bubble.

I've not heard this, and my understanding is that things are moving apart in a pretty uniform pattern right now.

The blood does not get passed solely by the father. That's ridiculous.

1) If it was solely governed by the Y chromosome, women would have no blood.

2) If everyone had their father's blood, we would all have the same blood type as our fathers. I don't. Dad was A-positive, I'm O-positive, as is my mother.

3) There is no blood in the sperm. The sperm cell is the smallest of all human cells, and since only one sperm ever fertilizes the egg, any blood would have to be carried inside that sperm. Since it's the smallest cell, there's no room for any larger ones to be carried inside it (like a red or white blood cell), even if such a thing were possible.

Wierwille was wrong. (Did you know that's why most websites start with "WWW"? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> )

The Secret Signature of the Day has been cancelled by the HTML Police.

Or so the Germans would have us believe...

For those folks who don't get down to the Doctrinal forum that often, I've posted a new topic down there about science and the Bible. (It doesn't pertain specifically to Wierwille's crackpot ideas.)

quote:
Just because magnetic fields are invisible doesn't mean they don't exist or don't affect you. Air is invisible, but without it's presence it would have a very profound effect on your life - or lack of life rather. Some people should go get an education first before they ignorantly spout off to others claiming all these invisible things must somehow be "junk science."

So I touched a nerve, did I?

Some people should take lessons in courtesy. I guess you failed "playing nice" in kindergarten - maybe you should go back and retake it.

So I don't know everything about everything. So sue me. I really don't think that that is grounds for insults.

I *did* say that the jury may be out on that one, indicating that that particular item might NOT be junk science. You could have just said "now wait a minute, I've got better information".

Thanks for answering that Zix. Before DNA I thought the general rule of thumb for paternity tests was that they could only rule out who the father might be. Not prove who it was.

If the baby had a different blood type as a guy, they could rule him out as the father.

On the other hand if the blood types were the same, that didn't mean the guy was absolutely the father. Meaning that the baby could have the same blood type as the guy but it still might not be his child.

That is why I thought Vics explanation made sense.

I'm definitely going to have to educate myself more on this.

Thanks for clearing that part up for me.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

Rottie: Well, blood typing can be used as a form of paternity test, it just doesn't work like you thought. Read this:

quote:
Paternity testing compares the ABO blood types of the child, mother, and alleged father. The alleged father can't be the true father if the child's blood type requires a gene that neither he nor the mother have. For example, a child with blood type B whose mother has blood type O, requires a father with either AB or B blood type; a man with blood type O cannot be the true father.

quote:
Originally posted by ex10:

I remember being in a meeting once where VP mentioned something about how you can make fire from snow. VP said he saw it in the bible, but couldn't "share" it. Anybody else remember this?

He should have set his 'Snow covered gas pumps' on fire. Now THAT would have been one hell-of-a-stoooory! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

____

818036coffee.gif

Mister Mosh,

A while back, thare was a discussion here about buying a telescope. Either someone linked an amatuer astronomy site or I went looking for telescopes in a search. This really good amatuer site had a lot of links and one highlighted link was to this new bubble theory.

I'll see if I can find it. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Actually on the blood thing. As I recall it, the soul life is in the blood which written plainly in the bible and I still believe it is true.

The point of contention is VP's claim the man contributes the soul life to the baby. I don't recall him specifically saying the sperm had blood as it sounds you are saying here.

Another thing was VP saying the soul life intered with the first breath. So another question would be; If the soul life is contributed at conception,how come it isn't manifested until the first breath 9 mnoths later? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Way II much fun for one man.

love ya,

Bob Hansen

Interesting Rascal, thanks for sharing that.

OH GOD I wish I hadn't thrown my PFAL books out! This is where I could use them. Does anybody have this part? It went something like the blood came from the sperm of the father and that is why Jesus had perfect, uncontaminated blood and was therefore born without sin.

It made complete sense to me at the time.

I really hope somebody has the book it's from and can quote from it verbatim.

I don't think I"m crazy. Am I remembering this wrong? perhaps I am. I know he said sin was passed through the blood right?

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

[This message was edited by RottieGrrrl on January 14, 2004 at 12:36.]

PFAL p. 237

quote:
The soul life is in the blood and is passed on when the sperm impregnates the egg at the time of fertilization.

In the class session on Body, Soul, Spirit, Formed Made Created, VPW made the comment about the blood being in the sperm itself.

Oops! Looks like we both posted at the same time...

Wierwille didn't say that the blood comes from the father, but that the "soul life" does.

The whole mess stems from trying to take as literal truth something that was written for and by people with incorrect ideas about life and conception. People didn't even know of the existence of human ova (eggs) until the 19th century. They did know about planting seeds in fertile ground, which is how they understood conception. They thought that men provided seed and women provided a fertile location for it to grow.

I expect that, before too long, two women will conceive a child together, by implantation of genetic material from one ovum into another. That should cause any "soul life comes from the father" people some real difficulties.

Long Gone: Not meaning to bust your chops, but he really did say that about the blood coming from the father in the video class. Perhaps Galen could watch that segment again and corroborate it for us, but I'm positive he said that.

JT thanks for posting that, I do remember that now too, but I also remember what Zix said about the sperm carrying the blood. That's why I'm going crazy to see if I just remembered it wrong or what. I didn't see the video class, and I sure as hell didn't pay a lot of attention during the audio class, but I could have sworn I remember that being taught somewhere. I thought it was in one of the books or something. Damn I wish I had my PFAL book.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

quote:
Originally posted by dabobbada:

Here is the link to the bubble universe article I was talking about.

Interesting article, and it makes a little more sense now. One thing to point out though, is that it's really just a hypothesis at this point, not even a real theory and they've not been able to find evidence to support their hypothesis.

According to the article:

quote:

Cornish says his team believes it has already ruled out almost half of the possible small-Universe shapes - including football and doughnut shapes - and he suspects the work will probably turn up nothing, meaning that the Universe is either very large or infinite.

Either way, the universe is a huge place that is full of amazing things.

Rottie,

That was taught in the video class because I asked my FC's wife about it during PFAL. She was a nurse and coordinated the class with her husband. She told me that she was taught in nursing school that the blood was produced by the genetic material from the sperm and that the introduction of the mother's blood could prove fatal to the fetus.

Now I'm going WAY back to when my kids were born: What is it called when the mother's blood affects the fetus. If I remember correctly, there is a medical for that. (Can you tell it's been a while?)

Anyone able to help a feeble mind remember?

You are correct, if Mom is neg and Dad is positive...if the baby is positive they are in danger..

Thats why we get rogam shots....... the fetus gets the blood type from mom or dad...you never know which it will be so I always get the shot....

I can tell you conclusively....thatin our brood...we have children of their Dads blood type and children of my blood type...

If wierwills theory is correct..... My rh positive husband could NOT have fathered my rh neg children.....(whew is their Daddy in for an unpleasant suprise)