GreaseSpot Cafe

I JUST SAW A COMMERCIAL FOR THE WAY INTERNATIONAL ON MSNBC!!

RottieGrrrl

I brought up the Broadcast news channel that features Terry Bradshaw's pick of the week. I can't display the website accurately because of my "current activeX controlls" whatever THAT means!

Maybe someone else can look at this website and see if there is anything about The Way under his pick of the week stuff, I just can't tell. Here is the website.

Broadcast News Channel

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the contact info from the web site:

Producers

For more information about Broadcast News Channel selection process, please contact us at producers@broadcastnewschannel.com

Media

If you are a member of the press, and would like information on Broadcast News Channel please contact us at operations@broadcastnewschannel.com

Job Opportunities

If you are interested in working at Broadcast News Channel, please contact us at operations@broadcastnewschannel.com

General Inquiries

Your opinion is important to Broadcast News Channel. Please send any comments and suggestions you may have to operations@broadcastnewschannel.com

HEADQUARTERS

Broadcast News Channel, Inc.

4101 International Parkway

Carrollton, TX 75007

Phone: 972-309-5500

Fax: 972-309-5510

Office Hours

Monday through Friday 8:00 - 4:30 CT

I went to the site, nothing about TWI but the schedule was about nine months old so they may not have the site updated.

Here's the mission statement from the first page.

"Terry Bradshaw's "Pick of the Week" BNC's Pick of the Week is a series of television segments aired on MSNBC. This compelling series highlights companies, enterprises, and organizations that represent the backbone of America's economy: the entrepreneur, the third generation business owner, and the Executive Director of a non-profit organization diligently serving the community."

He may not even know much about TWI, someone may have just done a sales job on his staff to get some cheap publicity. There are a lot of companies/organizations listed here.

Here is more information to add to my previous post.

www.Nationalbooking.com is the company that books Bradshaw. Their # is 972-240-2222, fax # 972-240-1165

MSNBC complaint # 201-583-5000

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Thanks for posting the stuff that I couldn't get on my computer. And you're right, I guess we don't know that Bradshaw is involved.

What gall TWI has. I wonder which one of the above they consider themselves to be? They sure as heck arn't a ministry. Never was, never will be.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

Below is a copy of the letter I just emailed to this show.

Dear Terry Bradshaw and Staff,

You recently showcased The Way International on your television show.

I am writing to encourage you to investigate this organization (and any other you showcase) a bit more before you choose them as examples of "a non-profit organization diligently serving the community."

I was involved with The Way International for many years and progressed through most of the training and classes they offered at that time, including their Way Corps leadership training program and two separate committments to the WOW missionary program. My whole family was involved; my parents, two of my brothers and their wives were all extensively involved, working closely with the very top leadership of The Way.

None of us are involved now. There is only one reason for this, the organization is quite corrupt. A simple search of the internet or a nexus search of The Way International will reveal a long history of scandal and duplicity. The community of The Way International does more to serve the leadership of the organization than the other way around.

Any person unfortunate enough to get involved with this ministry will quickly find themselves becoming deluged with a doctrine that has separated families, driven some members to suicide and driven many members to financial ruin. One example of this doctrine is the adamant requirement of it's followers to not be in debt, to include mortgages.

While this message may be a good one in and of itself the ultimate purpose of this teaching is to force its membership to have more financial resource available to the ministry. Many members find themselves giving either more and more money to the ministry or more and more time (after all if you have no debt you have don't have to work as many hours at a secular job) only to find themselves excommunicated (or to use the terminology of The Way "marked and avoided") after their usefulness has expired.

One older couple I know of devoted much of their life savings and labor to The Way International at it's headquarters in Western Ohio. They both found themselves struggling with physical infirmaties only to realize The Way had turned it's back on them, after costing them much of their life savings. They were told they were not believing God and were subsequently shoved to the side. They only receive teaching tapes now from the ministry. The reason being that they need enough doctrine to once again believe God and receive healing from him. Some circles say they are fortunate enough to even receive these tapes.

One other man, who had been a longtime leader in The Way, lost his daughter in a tragic aircraft accident. Donna Martindale, the estranged wife of former President L Craig Martindale, declared publicly that this tragedy was the result of this man's disobedience to the doctrines of the The Way International.

There is a laundry list of charges and coverups associated L Craig Martindale, the former President. While he has been summarily removed from power the hardheartedness and control so prevalent under his management is still very much in evidence under the new management.

These incidents are but a sliver of the evidence available about this organization.

Please consider these things and search for yourself if you doubt my veracity.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX, XXXXXXX

I didn't see any info about TWI on their site, but it's pretty strange. I am not going to write and complain, because their advertising will probably end up drawing more people here and bring up dialogue about their crimes instead.

As far as making GSCafe the #1 hit for TWI, it can be done but pawtucket might need to adjust his robots.txt, and any of you that can post it elsewhere need to post a link to other sites saying things like Info about The Way International

Basically the way to get a higher ranking on google is for other sites to link back to you, and to update the site as much as possible. I don't think that these forums are allowed to be read by crawlers, so the site doesn't appear to be updated that much. I'd link to GSCafe on my site but I don't want my parents to see it via me.

My friend has talked to a top producer at the news channel. They spent a day at TWI HQ filming and allegegly they were not told all the truth.

They are in the process of deciding what to do about the situation, and they may be pulling the piece as a first step.

They were very disturbed after reading documents posted at excultworld, and receiving e-mails from GS posters about TWI.

My friend knows more but can't say yet. I personally think that this will blow up in TWI's face.

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Call me a skeptic, but you know what they say about there's no such thing as bad press...somehow I think their spin doctors will turn it around for them.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

I got a response to my email to Broadcast News Channel:

quote:

We have recently implemented the procedure below. We however do not endorse

any product or services of the featured companies or organizations on our

broadcast.

Alan Daniel

BNC

P.S. I am sincerely sorry for your negative experience, and we at BNC do

not wish to be associated with any organization that is causing people pain.

In the event that a non-profit or religious organization is to be featured

on any BNC broadcast program, we will engage the following due diligence:

1. Internet Search to test for: cult associations, law suits, negative

publicity

2. Find the organization that "polices" or "governs" such organization, to

request information regarding the integrity of the organization

3. Do a federal and state lawsuit search to ensure no pending law suits are

evident.

Here was my response.

It looks like they have received a number of complaints, so much so they are sending a form response.

"We have recently implemented the procedure below. We however do not

endorse any product or services of the featured companies or

organizations on our broadcast.

P.S. I am sincerely sorry for your negative experience, and we at BNC

do not wish to be associated with any organization that is causing

people pain."

Doreen Stevenson

Operations Manager

Broadcast News Channel

I received the same response, I thought they addressed this quickly and maybe, MSNBC will do their own little investigation.

PSSSST MSNBC are you listening ????

Wouldn't it be great to see this stunt blow up in TWIs face with a full investigation of their little NON PROFIT (BULL....) Farm.

WAYWho?

IMO, it's too bad they hadn't implemented that policy before they wasted their time and money on the TWI commercial.

But honestly, I would have liked to have seen it - would have been a good laugh I could have used this morning!

Hope R. color>size>face>

...I don't know who I am but life is for learning... we are stardust...size>face>color>

wyteduv58,

He may be just a spokesperson. Was he actually part of the taping? I haven't seen it so I don't know. Some folks on tv just read what's on the cue card. Not an excuse for him but it is what some do.

Anyone know more about how this got on the air? It didn't look like a commercial from the web site. It looked more like the company somehow selected TWI versus being paid to put them on the air. Did I miss something about them PAYING to be there?

UPDATE

According to my friend Pat, Jim has been in contact throughout the day with the executives at the news channel after learning about the situation brought to light by rottie girl.

After being informed that TWI was in litigation, and reading some of the Peeler court documents on excultworld, action was put in motion to correct the situation.

He has just informed me of the following:

Bradshaw, Fox, and MSNBC have been told of the situation,and they will not be running the spot again.

TWI paid $29,000 for the taping of the spot at HQ, and do not own the copyright on it.(A wise use of member's donations to be sure....)

Bradshaw was just a "talking head" who tapes several of these spots in one sitting.

They have received numerous complaints and Jim says that they seem to be really upset over the matter.

TWI, you are so out of your league messing with these guys. Can we say splattered like a bug on the windshield.....

[This message was edited by IMF777 on February 04, 2004 at 18:08.]

Very nice! I emailed a few times myself.

Looks like that cost TWI a bit of the believers hard earned ABS. Not that according to Wierwille it should have ever been there in the first place.

I also asked them to DO a report on TWI for what TWI really is.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while!

wresmile.gif

Just a sudden thought. If TWI is willing to start advertising like that, where else are they going to go???

I think we ought to have emails and phone numbers ready for all the major networks so they can be contacted if such a thing happens again.

Obviously they are just getting desprate for more ABS, but as they enter the media more, I think they are going to see the error of their ways. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while!

wresmile.gif