GreaseSpot Cafe

What are the most evil shows on TV?

year2027

quote:
Originally posted by wyteduv58:

Infomercials, the simpsons, cooking shows, QVC, any talk show and shows not in english.

I would agree with you on infomercials, talk shows and cooking shows, and I can understand why you wouldn't like the Simpsons...but shows not in English?

Nobody can hate such classics as Sabado Gigante or Hasta En Los Mejores Familias...well, maybe the last one because it's a talk show along the lines of Jerry Springer. However, I long for a show like Sabado Gigante to be developed in English. You can't beat having a guy that looks like he should be the president of an ex-Soviet nation getting random audience members to sing karaoke while he wears a cheese-hat on his head and has an executioner and lion threatening to grab the person. Even the cheesy commercial breaks they do in various points in the show to advertise Domino's pizza or Ford are classic, like what they used to do when TV first came out in the U.S.

I watch alot of tv in the winter, as my business slows down...

I have personal biases. I was a special education teacher for 12 years before my present occupation.

I'm having big problems with shows like "Extreme Makeovers"...which devaluates the inner beauty and souls of people...

I'm having big problems with "My big, fat obnoxious fiance" (which I think is absolutely hysterical)...but, it's a big fat lie of people playing off each other to the demise of this girls' parents and brothers...I am miffed at her insensitivity to other people...

I'm having major problems with "Average Joe's", which remind me of some of the special needs folks I've taught...and the mocking them, and making them feel like **** and relive high school days of being mocked and criticized...

I am pretty fed up with the world.

I'm buying me a house in the mountains of Vermont and disappear.

TV is scarey...and I think the world is far on the path of evil.

It's very disturbing.

God must be rolling over in disgust.

well Wackster, before you go to the mountains, watch Sabado Gigante... it is a hilarious and fun time... and all in Spanish... you'll smile, I promise (MasterP and I wouldn't lie to you)

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? Much confusion, disillusion, all around me.

Sorry, Roy, I can't really answer the question directly because I don't watch much TV, (funniest video-type shows are my choice)and screen what my boys watch. My hubby used to watch a lot of the sit-coms, and I am VERY glad he doesn't anymore!

My boys and hubby watch the while you were out shows and such. I'm glad that is what they watch, but heck, some of the commercials are AWFUL! I finally got it through all their heads to just mute the TV during commercials, and that cuts down actually watching them! I watched The Superbowl, including the commercials to get a flavor of what's going on one network TV-- HMMMMM! (I'll stick with my reading, thanks! LOL!)

If it was really up to me, I would have a TV only for watching videos. And move to the mountains and escape! lol!

Ad Astre Alia Porci "to the stars on the wings of a pig"

My favorites (and I have no idea if they are from the Devil or not?) are CSI, Survivor, Court TV-Dominic Dunne's Power, Privelege and Justice., ESPN Sportscenter, Monday Night Football and Golf (if Tiger is playing) and Jeopardy. Am I going to Hell?

quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:

evil tv = Fox News Channel, unfair and way out of balance.

Define fair and balanced Rocky. Your views on GS? Perhaps government censors should shut up anyone to the right of Allen Colmes? End all commercialization of TV news? All Bill Moyers all of the time? I think the Brits have already done that...its called BBC. The former MD of BBC is available, he just got sacked for lying.