GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI/MUSIC/"WAY PROD EARLY DAYS"/THE BEAT GOES ON/ETC.....

ChattyKathy

Wow, those times must of been wonderful. What a great opportunity to bless so many people in TWI.

I know I was always so tickled pink to get a chance to hear you guys perform live.

My real dose of JN was as PFAL '77. It was electrifying.

Music brain that I am, I always looked forward to the music more the the teaching. And, I always felt there was something wrong with me for thinking that way. I loved the bible, but for me (being only 17 at PFAL'77) the music was alive and exciting.

Well, Ted and Socks, you did a fine job and should be commended for all the heart you shared through your music.

It touched my life and I know many other thousands of lives.

Socks, I thought Boz was a piano player. That's how much I paid attention. The album I loved of his was the one I think that came out in 76 or 77. Don't even know the title of the album. Songs like 'Lido Shuffle' were on it.

I've heard he is now the owner of a restaurant in CA and sometimes performs there as well. The way you described him is exactly the way I pictured him. His personality surely came out in his music.

'til the next time...

[This message was edited by A la prochaine on December 21, 2002 at 11:22.]

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man when I look back at how and what we all went through while going here and there sleeping in the vans and sometimes getting to a show without having time to take a shower before going on Lysol spray cans were our only saving grace.ha1 ha!

Talking about traveling with little sleep.I recall a time Ken Mc.and I were down at the recording studio in Cinncy mixing America Awakes album and both of us had been at the console all night Ken had to be back for an 8;Am corp meeting ao we left the studio around 5;30 Am and I told Ken to get in the back seat and get a few winks and I would drive back to NK.I headed for INT,75 and recall merging in with the traffic and that was all I recall.Ken said he woke about a couple hours later and there I was sound asleep at the wheel and the car was going straight as an arrow on the freeway he futher stated that he watched this happening for some time but was concerned to wake me up since it might cause me to vear off the highway.I recall waking up? and seeing an exit sign that read St. Marys Wapak. cut off next exit which meant I had missed the Nk cut off a few miles back.When Ken and I talk together now and than that trip from Cinncy always comes up.And how it was by the grace of God we made it home safe and sound that morning.Ken made it in ime for his corp meeting,too.

Yeah! socks the stories we could tell that many would not believe Sure love ya! brother.

Ted F.

[This message was edited by TED Ferrell on December 21, 2002 at 12:08.]

I was in 74', and remember all the groups Ted mentioned. Wow the music that came from Those very talented musicians were never to be touched secularly . The harmony in their voices and sweetness that came to rest on hearts. Ive never seen talent like that since. Michael Martin was pretty good..but the words were infamous of the way.

I was able to see Leon Hansen and Burt ??forgot his name, a couple of months ago. 2 yrs ago I was able to sit in a concert where Dean Ellenwood played..Brought back many memories of old. Here in the last ten years, The Way propounded that anyone who left would die.......Well..You guys keep Kickicking but!!............... Thank you Ted!

[This message was edited by likeaeagle on December 22, 2002 at 6:59.]

[This message was edited by likeaeagle on December 22, 2002 at 7:04.]

quote:
The harmony in their voices and sweetness that came to rest on hearts.

likeaeagle,

Your right, and for me when twi leaders were more than I felt I could bear up under oft times it was the music that soothed my soul and gave me the strength to go on. Why no matter how much I dislike (nice word) twi today I will not slam the folks who brought music and deliverance to our souls. They did more than just sing and play instruments, they gave unto us their all.

BTW, just did some more printing of this thread for my keepsake, now up to 184 pages.

Kathy

I just read Chatty's Music thread where she noted that when she printed it out it filled 184 pages! Reading that got me to thinking about all the pages the waygb must have collected of GS posts.

It seems to me that they must at least copy and paste to another document and save each post as they come along, since if I remember correctly, when that post of QQ's where he joked about drinking a cheap six-pack of beer and urinating on somebody's grave at twi, wasn't that one of those threads that disappeared when paw had server trouble, yet they had it for their lawyer to show the Ohio authorities.

I don't think for a minute that QQ would ever actually do that, but when I read it, altho I thought it was funny, I also thought that it could come back to bite us.

I'm thinking that can serve as a reminder to us that we might do well to keep the waygb in mind as we post, so as not to give them ammo to ever use for any reason against anybody.

Does anyone remember better than I do which threads disappeared? Would someone confirm what I'm saying?

I write this partly because at this holiday time, we might be more likely to post after having a few drinks, and loose lips sink ship, you know what I mean? Just trying to be a friendly reminder - I hope I'm communicating what I mean to say.

Just because I'm paranoid does NOT mean they're not out to get me. (NOT referring to the waygb - just a funny expression I think applies here)

bowtwi,

The lost threads and posts of ours were on part of the 26th thru part of 29th of October.

I also have considered their eyes on this thread, but we have given them only things that should make them regret the great loss of these folks lives in theirs.

Thanks for the mention though, and also we should continue to note IMO or something of that effect to cover our butts as a just in case.

Kathy

[This message was edited by ChattyKathy on December 21, 2002 at 21:19.]

Oops! I just noticed that I didn't hit NEW POST, but REPLY when I went to start the post I put before this one! I thought I was starting a new one.

I wasn't referring to this thread at all, really - actually other ones that we might start.

As if THIS THREAD could be derailed, makes me laugh to even think the words!

Thanks, Chatty! I thought so.

Any Way Weinies secretly reading and reporting what is on this thread can glom on to this bit of Way Prod trivia: we're all doing fine! Every former participant that I'm aware of or have heard news of or spoken to in the last year hasn't dropped off the vine of life and shrivelled up in to some unbelieving piece of un-Way-blessed grease. Far from it me lads and lassies...to quote Nine Inch Nails:

Bow down before the one you serve

You're going to get what you deserve.

Way spies get their rewards from their Way masters while they lick their hands like dogs and grovel for recognition. They can dumpster-dive all they want for their Kibbles N Bits, I had steak for dinner. Now all you Way Gee-Bee's go eat your millet and pray there isn't another reduction in staff salaries. We'll be enjoying CHRISTMAS in a couple days and as our families gather around to celebrate life together I'll say a silent prayer for you that God hasn't given up on your sorry souls and will send you a sign that will open your eyes, clear your ears and bring light and joy to your lives and throw open the doors of your heart to the love that's everywhere around you! Even as you creep in darkness His light knows no fear.

Merry Christmas to all Way GB Sp-eyes from CK's Music Thread!

---------------------

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

HEARTBEAT-Joyful Noise-PDSTRO

Easy to love you

It's gotta be God

Pioneer

Putting wings to your prayer

Brand new way

Gospel songs

accidentally

Give a listen

Two hands

All the love in your heart

He was quite a man

You rescued me

OUR HEARTS KNIT TOGETHER-Agape

Gather round brothers and sisters

God delivered Jesus Christ

Father and child

Blessed is the nation

Give him your heart

Heart of England

God's heart pulsates

Fireside song

Our hearts knit together

The hope

Time to Dance-Paul Vergilio Dionisio

He sent His Word

God can do it all for you

Still sweeter every day

Best of God's heart

Do my will

I like to witness

Changed

JOYFUL NOISE

Simple life

Lift you heart to the Lord

Which way are you headin'

You've got to come back

Brand new way-Now I know who socks is.

Christian man

Give Christ a try

Deliverance

Who has rolled away the stone

When you've got it, you've got it

Ready to go-Our beloved Ted Ferrell

JOYFUL NOISE-II

You've got to listen

You are what God says you are

Brand new me

God's love is the answer

It's available

The comforter has come-God bless Ted

Pentecost song

New life

Precious Lord

Thankful

JOYFUL NOISE-III

God's wonderful people

family song

Lord I believe

Fountin of living waters

Isn't god Good

Attic of you mind-Teddie bear Ferrell

Healthy, wealthy & wise

Blue skies

My life's dream

Our hearts knit together-David Bailey

My most favorite collectible album:

WE'RE ON GOD'S TEAM-Joyful Noise

We're on God's team

He is all that I need

I've been born again

Raise your head

Both barrels blazin'

I'm gonna carry my bible to school

Words of my Father

One day

Stand and be counted

We're on God's team (Reprise)

Why you may ask?

Because I have the autographs of all the Joyful Noise artists on the cover.

Dean, Claudettee, Johnnie, Cliff, Skip, Richie,

Brian, Ken, Ted, Mary Ann, Stevie Kay, Helen,

David, Bev, Ralph, Joe, Paul, Mike--Where ever

you are, Thanks for the memories--Your songs

healed one broken souls heart--Mine

We've heard what touring was like from Ted and Socksie. Here's my view of what it was like to be on the other side.

It was 1976. I was driving home from work, looking forward to seeing Ted and JN on their America Awakes tour later that night. I turned a corner and, lo and behold, I spotted that little equipment trailer Socks mentioned. Claudettee Royal was driving the car pulling the trailer, and I was so excited. Joyful Noise had arrived! I waved at Claudettee and she grinned and waved back. It meant so much to me that they were going to perform for us "on the field." and I saw it as a special little blessing to run into them on my way home from work. It brightened my day after a tedious day of looking at people's water bills.

Somehow, my sister and I got my parents to go to the concert with us. While Mom and Dad were okay about our involvement in twi, they didn't want any of our beliefs shoved down their throats, so they were pretty standoffish about going to ministry "events." But for some reason (I think because we played some JN music for them, and because they were the kind of parents who were willing to check out what their kids were into), they agreed to go.

We pulled into the parking lot at Roehm Jr. High School and made our way into the auditorium and took our seats. I remember loving the music, of course, but the biggest impression I recall was how proud I was to have my parents hear Joyful Noise (and Ted, my dad especially loved "White House Across the Street"). Mom and Dad really enjoyed the concert, and that made my sister and me happy.

Despite the fact that many things went wrong with twi in later years, and some things were wrong even back in the "good old days," God sure reached the hearts of people via that organization, often through the music. For our family, life and our relationships with each other improved as a result.

So Ted, John, and anyone else who's lurking here from Way Prod., thanks for the part you played in the good times!

Love,

Linda

I played this song over and over for a jewess girl i was witnessing to...she got so peaceful enjoying listening to it...i told her that the song writter was born and raised a jew...i know she converted to the Lord Jesus Christ that night...that incident still gives me goosebumps about 26 years later.

When i left twi, that song came to my mind...it helped me know THE Word, Who made me free...

Then i got introduced to the intranet and discovered Cliff A out there and we dropped each other a few lines...

I would appreciate it if someone would post the lyrics...

Socks had a great quote:

" I'll say a silent prayer for you that God hasn't given up on your sorry souls and will send you a sign that will open your eyes, clear your ears and bring light and joy to your lives and throw open the doors of your heart to the love that's everywhere around you! Even as you creep in darkness His light knows no fear. "

Dear Way KGB and innies, open your heart and just give Christ a try, He's in love with you...you'll never know till you know that you tried His warm and tender love, God's Son inside...leave all your cares behind...make up your mind.

[This message was edited by Golfie on December 24, 2002 at 5:42.]

Give Christ A Try

chorus

Open Your Heart And Just Give Christ A Try

He's In Love With You He Arose To Set You On High

You'll Never Know Til You Know That You've Tried

His Tender Love Always Thinking Of

God's Love Inside

verse one

Time Does'nt Heal The Heart That's Torn Apart

Your Mind Can Make The Change

God's Word Will Mend The Heart That's Torn Apart

Things Will Rearange

repeat chorus

verse two

Things Of This World Wont Last

They Change So Fast There's Darkness In The Land

God's Word Will Always Last It's Spreading Fast

Come On And Take A Stand

verse three

True Love Is What You'll Find And Peace Of Mind

When You Look To God's Son

Leave All Your Cares Behind Make Up Your Mind

Forget The Things You've Done

repeat chorus

Words and Music by Cliff Adelman © 1975

That, along with "Daddy's Arms" was my very favorite. Those two songs got me thru some rather unpleasant moments.

Can the lyrics for "Daddy's Arms" be posted?

Merry Christmas to you and Chatty and everybody else here!!

(Ain't it fun to say Merry Christmas again?)

In a real world and just society, lazy critters eat last.

If any care to feed them.

DEO VINDICE!!

Ron G.

Cliff and Lynn recorded a CD in June of 2001, called, "All we Have", The Love Guy and His Gal.

Yep, My Life's Dream is on it.

I'll get the words to the song to ya, shortly.

Cliffs website: All-We-Have.com

E-mail me: abcz@mail.com if you want Cliff and Lynns address and telephone number, e-mail address (it's on the CD, inner cover)

Listening to this CD is like listening to the Bee Gees singin' their old tunes in the 21st Century.

It'll bring tears to your eyes!!

My Lifes Dream

I was lost my world was filled with tears

Amd troubles times were tough

Evil days living life was one big bother

One big bluff

Running hard but no escape from darkness inside

I was enslaved

But God stepped in and by his mercy love

And kindness I was saved

chorus

And now I love the life I'm living