GreaseSpot Cafe

"Born to live. Born again to serve."

CoolWaters

If you have not spoken to people involved in twi or "felt" the need to run a class it is dificult to describe...

when I went to classes I thought people were getting born again and recieving eternal life and that was a good thing for mandkind and serving..

I also admit to serving "leaders" somehow thinking God would love me more and give them more power or some ridiculas idea.

today I think it was about building an empire of people power and manipulation of the masses for evil gain .

I speak to my friend who is loving Twi and will for life and I truly believe he and his wife think they are serving the world by being "In the household" they do believe God loves them more than other christians , people are less than them in Gods eye and their own.

so the fact they show up in the same space anyone eles does is "serving" them by correcting them and telling them how they are wrong in life mostly. hah it is very true it is a grandiose attitude of righteousness . they consider it loving God first and truly believe they are saving the world..

In a practical sense I did see people help one another out in my early years , babysit their children so they can take a class, fix the car so they could take a class , clean their house so a class could be run... etc... sponsor people for the corps... give a ride to a class and receive a reward for "undershaeparding"..

I never saw anyone volunteer to love anyone just for loving someone.. in fact if someone had a problem or a need they were often condemed for such...or full and deep denial was involved in making sure only those with ears to hear knew about the situation...

I would not recommend twi for a serving ministry they focus on education and "household obedience" more than helping mankind, but in their ideas it is the ultimate need of mankind to be able to be part of the household.. better for God you know than anyone eles..

I truly think they believe anyone who isnt part of the household deserves bad things to happen to them which to me is the opposite of serving another.

quote:
when I went to classes I thought people were getting born again and recieving eternal life and that was a good thing for mandkind and serving..

I still strongly believe this and nothing anyone's done has changed my mind. God's gifts to mankind are without repentance and in TWI-world this was thought of as the greatest form of service. This was the hand of God's blessing on TWI despite the evil skeletons in the closet.

i know people feel as if they are the ones on a mission from God and doing Gods work and it feeds many areas of the ego.

Yet the bible clearly says it is God who gives the increase .

Yes the question can be presented as to how can I learn if there is no one to teach me?

I think clearly Jesus Christ says He is the authroity on being the Saviour of Mankind now and He sends the holy Spirit to teach Gods people all things..

If we are called before the foundation of earth was made to be children of God as the bible states how much "difference do you think pfal class made for HIM? not you and how exciting and feel good and powerful but God ?

I was born again long before pfal , yet I have spoken to those who believe pfal was the link for them for finding God , yet many struggle a great deal with personal spirituality and are quite lost without the"keys" taught to them by a organization or man.

I believe accepting Jesus as Saviour is not nearly as complicated or religious happening as many seem to think.

It is a Father calling His children home simply without pretense of any one of His being gifted beyond any other.

I think twi helped me in searching for the truth tho, I am still very thankful for the zeal of wanting bible knowledge I got from being involved.

But I know the bible says God increases the body of Christ and His will be done and we are called before the foundation so if my life is on an island with a soccer ball God will find me and I will have the choice of accepting Jesus as Lord with out another person or a bible or the pfal class.

I believe Gods Love is massive and He is more than able to find His children and save them to the utter most...

that high feeling of being the great one for God by running the pfal was part of the cult mind set.. of belonging to something better , of being better, of people pleasing.

clearly it was NOT a magic ticket to the kingdom as witness of the pfal grads who now deny or wonder about their own spirituality or if they are into the idea anymore.