GreaseSpot Cafe

How come it was so different?

CoolWaters

Vickles,

No, I'm sure I would've seen it if it were present where I was fellowshipping for all those years. I even made an attempt myself to be a twig coordinator in 1990, and even then I didn't dog people about ABS when the horn was passed around, when cash was collected without qualification. This was in 1990.

Ironically, the last twig I went to was about 40 miles away from my house, and the woman running the thing would collect cash and checks for ABS, but wouldn't deposit the stuff until sometimes a month later. Finally one day when my checks weren't getting cashed promptly, I asked her about it, suggesting that she should deposit the money promptly and not sit on it. She didn't take too kindly to that suggestion, and accused ME of legalism (Ha ha). And that was pretty much the last TWI fellowship I attended.

I think we've all had our share of wierd experiences, but I think I'm correct in saying that the true anal-retentive legalism of TWI-2 started in the early 1990's and beyond.