GreaseSpot Cafe

updating user profile, and other UBB tech questions

Guest Admin

Just above this window in the blue strip, there is something called MyPop. Click on that. There is a tab called profiles where you can alter all your info

I did that in the first place. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck ya know.

I found the mypop & profile link and made my witty and brilliant changes and tried to save 'em. That's where I get the error message I quoted.

It says I need to provide a name but it gives me no place to do it. I forget the exact message, but I pasted it into the subject summary.

Display Name*:

This is the name that will show in your profile and against your posts. If this field is optional and you leave it blank, your username will be used.

This is the message you get when you register. I left it blank. I'm assuming that as a result, the default Display Name is satori001 and for some reason, the option of changing it was removed.

It's probably a bug. I just registered under "satori" but entered something for a Display Name this time. I am able to go in and edit the profile without getting the error message. There is a place to edit the Display Name, however satori001 does not have such a place.

Paw, you might want to let new people registering that they should not leave Display Name blank on the registration page, or they may run into this problem.

Regards...

Yknow, if I start with the right sock, I know it's going to be a great day, but if I start with the left sock, it's going to be a FABulous day.

"Let there be change on eaaaarth, and let it begin with you..."

Just diggin' this board, gotta post gotta post!

Is there a preview button somewhere that I missed? Even though I post mostly on Word before I put it on the forums, I still like to see if any spaces were put in where they shouldn't be, etc. (on Word, that always happens for some reason).

(The post will look

like this and I have to go in to

take out the spaces.)

Guest Admin

If you were getting your icons from Greasespotcafe.com/forum-images you can continue to do so. There is no gscafe.com/forum-images directory at this point

I will add to the current choices here soon. I am still working on some ftp problems.