GreaseSpot Cafe

North Carolina

likeaneagle

Likeaeagle,

Yeah... I have a couple of in laws that live there. In fact my wife grew up less than 30 minutes away in a small town called Burlington and her father was the main Ob-Gyn in town. A real small heart-of-America small town.

We used to visit Greensboro and Burlington at least every Thanksgiving if not more often. It's beautiful country. Both of my wife's parents are now deceased so we no longer visit on a regular basis but we're still there we we can to see other relatives.

sudo

Sudo

Thanks for the response. I have the opportunity to transfer there. I am still giving it thought. My daughter who is in Turkey (AF) will be going to Seymore Johnson for her final 2 yrs. I really like the little town heart of America idea.icon_smile.gif:)-->I work ay Abbott Labs now at there headquarters, we have been taking huge layoffs.

Hey Likeaeagle,

I lived in Greensboro for a number of years. It is a great town. I live in Wilmington NC now which is a great beach town.

Seymour Johnson AFB is in Goldsboro NC which is closer to Raleigh and to Rocky Mount than it is to Greensboro.

Make the move! NC is a great state to move to, and just so long as you work at NOT developing a southern accent....you should love it here!

ROR icon_cool.gif

I live in Charlotte now, but in another life I used to travel eastern NC as a sales rep. Abbott Labs was one of my biggest customers.

I spent a lot of time in Rocky Mount and it always seemed like a pretty nice place. Not too big, but big enough to have eveything you need.

If you're a sports fan, it's right up the road from Greenville, home of the East Carolina Pirates. Fortunately, the state hq of the way isn't there anymore.

• 1 month later...

Howdy, likeaneagle. I live in Greensboro and maybe it's because I'm not southern but I would avoid this town like the plague. We have lived here 18 years and found it to be very clickish and have been very put off by the folks here. It's a beautiful city but expensive and not very friendly. North Carolina, however, is a GREAT place to live! I've grown to love being able to go to the beach in 3 hours and the mountains in 1 1/2 hours. Any place but Greensboro...

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody know Judith Lunn? She was a very close friend when we lived on Maui. We left the island about 6 years ago and haven't seen her since. We've been out for 3 years, but I'm pretty sure she is still in twi.

AUZDA

"I fall down on my knees and pray, I don't get fooled again".

The Who

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I live in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Triangle. This area is regularly in the top five best places to live every year.

The major universities; UNC, Duke and N.C. State and the high tech and bioscience firms in the RTP are major employers in the area. They also provide the stimulus for the cultural richness and energy of the area.

The lessons of the urban sprawl that has plagued other rapidly growing areas have been taken to heart here. While the area is dynamic and growing, attention has been paid to maintaining the aesthetic quality of life by preserving the green spaces.

The Triangle is the national hotbed of college basketball. The Tar Heels, Blue Devils and Wolfpack are powerhouses in college hoops. We also have the Carolina Hurricanes of the NHL.

Personally approves the wine list.

• 1 month later...