GreaseSpot Cafe

Is TWI a Good Ambassador for Jesus Christ?

MarkedAndAvoided

well, you could look at all the people here who immersed themselves in The Way and want nothing to do with Christianity,

or take a look at all the abuses, financial, sexual, and personal and get an obvious clue to the answer.

Its my personal opinion that The Way International never had anything to do with God or Jesus-- except maybe accidentally despite all the talk and scripture quoting, they drove many more people away than they ever 'won'

Marked and Avoided

Funny, that you ask the question. I've been wondering if there is anything remotely Christian about the TWI and its teachings. I honestly believe that if one fully ascribes to Wierwille's Theology, it actually prevents one from being a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. As always, just my humble opinion.

These were all great responses and I agree with every one of them. I did in fact notice several people turning away from Christianity after they had been in it. I privately hope they return to Christianity but not to the Way. I believe Roy's statement that they are in fact, more representative of the devil than God or Jesus Christ because of the hard-heartedness and resentment they have just for leaving. It is such childness coming from such men and women of stature, that they are in fact, not the professionals they set out to be. They must be left to their own conscience and integrity.

Marked and Avoided

TWI is an ambassador for itself , its

classes, and programs. Concerns about helping the community and assisting the poor and chronically ill are non existent. People who

aren't interested in taking classes are shown

the door and those who "stand" with TWI who

would offer dissenting opinions, even in

the spirit of reasonable debate, are quickly silenced and are also shown the door if they don't keep their mouths shut.

TWI taught some interesting things about Jesus Christ, such as how many were crucified with him and on what day he was born and that he was not God.

VPW taught about being an ambassador to Christ in PFAL, yet he also said Christ was "Absent".

Therefore IMO many involved with TWI replaced the head, Jesus Christ who VPW said was absent with VPW, or some other leader as the head.

Diazbro said it best, "TWI is an ambassador for itself"

To answer the question "Is TWI a Good Ambassador for Jesus Christ?" My reply is No!