GreaseSpot Cafe

Amazing Sea Monkeys on Mars

Tom Strange

My little girl got "Amazing Sea Monkeys" for her fifth birthday. I am the official Amazing Sea Monkey Feeder of the household. Every other day, I give them a little bitty scoop of Amazing Sea Monkey food, and they gobble it up.

They are dormant until you follow the instructions and tell them "Lazarus, come out."

They will live for two years after you wake them, if you feed them every two days and give them more water when it evaporates. I always let the water sit in a cup overnight, so as not to chlorine the little guys. You have to prepare the water for them in the first place, and there is an addiditive in the package for that purpose; this takes twenty-four hours or so, at the beginning of your Amazing Sea Monkey experience.

We may be easily amused, but what can I say? We think that they are Amazing.

They have little Amazing Sea Monkey Babies from time to time. The whole gang can best be seen if you put their enclosure near a light. I'm not sure about keeping it there fulltime, however, as they need a pretty constant room temperature for optimum health.

There are wristwatch-sized containers in which you can take your Amazing Sea Monkeys for a walk, but I always considered those to be kind of cruel. I just leave our Amazing Sea Monkeys alone in their tiny aquarium, feed them, and take them to the light when the children wish to be Amazed.

"Live just, and fear not."

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't exactly swim around in formation yet, but the little guys have gotten pretty good at stringing chairs in there.

I'd say that their needs and their wants are parallel; they need food, and they want to swim around in tiny little circles all day, scooping it out of the water. When all of the food falls down to the bottom, they like to swirl around on the bottom of the tank and toss the food up into the water, where they can filter it with their feathers.

I can't tell if any of them have manifested yet, but lately, a small green-and-white striped circus tent has appeared in the tank, and old, nearly broken-down cars are starting to arrive, and park in a field near the tent.

What do you think they're up to?

"Live just, and fear not."

Yes MasterP, I would assume so... those damnedable Amazing Sea Monkeys are relentless in their zeal to move their message!

They will not stop, nor be stopped until every spot of brackish water in the universe is covered! They do not settle for Amazing Sea Monkeys over the "World"... they want Amazing Sea Monkeys over the Universe!

Their message will be heard!

Now... back to the bigger question, the plan of the day, the dilemma of the day... HOW, I say HOW do we Master?

She's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World" Yes you could say she was attractively built.

I read that Tolkien got the idea for the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings after seeing his daughters Amazing Sea Monkeys! and that the ring was patterned after a little hoop they had in the bowl that the Amazing Sea Monkeys!would swim through! COOL!

In line, in line, it's all in a line. My ducks are all in a row.

They do not change, they do not move. They have nowhere to go.

James Taylor

I read in "The Austrian Tuber" that Arnold Scharzenneger dreamed as a child of coming to America...just so that he could have Amazing Sea Monkeys! He credits watching Amazing Sea Monkeys! in action for hours and hours as the reason he went in to weight lifting to begin with. He wanted to be strong and beautiful just like his Amazing Sea Monkeys!

In line, in line, it's all in a line. My ducks are all in a row.

They do not change, they do not move. They have nowhere to go.

James Taylor

Thus sayeth the text of the Monkeys I really wish you could read it in the original! If you could, it would sound something like this:

Here we come

Walking down the street

we get the funniest looks from

everyone we meet.

Hey, hey we're the Monkees,

and people say we monkey around.

But we're too busy singing,

to put anybody down.

We go wherever we want to,

do what we like to do.

We don't have time to get restless,

There's always something new.

to put anybody down.

We're just trying to be friendly,

come watch us sing and play.

We're the young generation,

and we got something to say.

You never know where we'll be found.

So you'd better get ready,

We may be coming to your town.

to put anybody down.

Edited by Guest

Well myseestorEx feast your eyes on this:

MasterP!!! Amazing Sea Monkeys have been to MARS! this just in:

quote:
Water percolating through the soil once created a friendly environment that would have been ideal for life to flourish on Mars, NASA scientists say. It not known how long this environment lasted or if any organism actually developed. But scientists directing robot rovers prowling the Martian surface said Tuesday the evidence now is clear that some rocks "were once soaked with liquid water."
And we all know the old axiom: Where there's water, there's Amazing Sea Monkeys How do you like them Amazing Sea Monkeys now!!!

niKa! some of the relatives of your daughter's colony could have been there!

She's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World" Yes you could say she was attractively built.

Edited by Guest