GreaseSpot Cafe

Amazing Sea Monkeys on Mars

Tom Strange

OK,

I am comming out of the closet. Ever since I was in Boy Scouts and had my subscription ot Boy's Life I had a desire to have my own little family of Amazing Sea Monkeys

Finally, when I was a Wow in 79 (and under a lot of spiritual pressure I might add), I recieved my Amazing Sea Monkeys.

What a great joy it was to see these special little creatures miraculously raise themselves from the dead in their little enclosure, with notthing but the addition of what I now believe to be "holy water".

For hours I would watch them frolic and play in thier little home, displaying thier true natue - Pure Love.

But alas nothing lasts forever or so it seems. I came home one day quite saddend to see my Amazing Sea Monkeys not moving and seemingly lifeless. No doubt aattacked by an evil force jelaous of thier nature of Pure Love. Heartbroken I took their little home and placed it on the coffee table and said a little prayer of thanks for the joy that they had gven me. And then suddenly, I felt a "presence" in the room, a feeling of Love and peace.

That is when I realised that they were not really dead but had instead gone to a "better place" to serve a high purpose.

My Amazing Sea Monkeys are still with me to this day, not "in the flesh", but rather as my little guardians, constantly looking over me and guiding me with their Pure Love.

What more can I say? Truly Amazing .....

Goey

"Most of my fondest memories in TWI never really happened"

Edited by Guest

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now 6er! The Amazing Sea Monkeys don't condone violence... but that should be an indicator to us of their commitment and passion to move the word of the Amazing Sea Monkeys over the world (you know MOW)...

I know that they have been an inspiration to me personally for years... God rest their souls...

It's hard to make that change, When life and love turns strange. And old.

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

(sniff) How I love those little Amazing Sea Monkeys! Selflessly throwing themselves down a whale's gullet en masse... Not too many critters on this ol' rock of ours would volunteer to be whale s---.

"Don't you monkey with the monkey!"

Sadie, the Amazing Sea Monkeys! thread loves you too!

Goey said:

quote:
And then suddenly, I felt a "presence" in the room, a feeling of Love and peace.

Hear hear! Isn't it wonderful to have a place where we can finally come together as one without fear or guilt!?

I was lost in the deep and darkest night. No direction, not a single hope in sight

When I saw a fire burning brightly through the storm that raged above

In the shadows of your warm and tender love.

Chris Rea

[This message was edited by socks on March 10, 2004 at 19:42 which just goes to show how much he really really cares about the accuracy of the monkey!!!]

[This message was edited by socks on March 10, 2004 at 19:44.]

Edited by Guest

Whale food:

There's some research that was done by none other than Zeke Cousteau, nephew of Jacques. It's been well hidden, ridiculed and all but ignored these last 20 years, but according to Zeke he found evidence that the little krilly monkeys that whales consume aren't really digested, rather the tiny crustaceans actually bring food with them when they're swallowed, to deliver to the whale in exchange for habitat, protection and travel accomodations. In essense, the Amazing Sea Monkeys! act as little aquatic UPS carriers, delivering foodstuffs to the whale in a symbiotic relationship that's been going on since prehistoric times!

It fits, especially when you consider how the whale population was diminished in the 80's by over fishing. Anyone else notice that the worldwide Amazing Sea Monkey population went waaaaay down in that decade? Hmmm hmmm. Coincidence? I don't THINK so!

And it makes perfect sense! when you think about it! Doesn't it? It's just amazing!!!

I was lost in the deep and darkest night. No direction, not a single hope in sight

When I saw a fire burning brightly through the storm that raged above

In the shadows of your warm and tender love.

Chris Rea

Edited by Guest

Bless me FatherSeaMonkey, for I have sinned....

It has been 4 days since reading the Amazing Sea Monkey thread....

I lived without peace in my life. After reading Goey's post, I realized I missed my fellowship with the Amazing Sea Monkeys. I went picked me up some of the little buggers, and now I can sleep at night knowing they are just across the room sitting on my chest of drawers. I hope those rabid sea horses from the Birch Aquarium down the road don't find out about them....... icon_eek.gif

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

Edited by Guest

for goey and others (sniff)....

everyone please bow your head in holy water....

monkey sea

monkey do

I dedicate this poem to you

you are my light

you are my love

I know you came from up above

I wish I may, I wish I might

swim with you this sad cold night

but now i know you're safe and sound

swimming swimming all around

we are as one, as one can be

always monkeys in the sea

(sniff) excuse me.....

ARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Another missed life changing absolute! I had the order form from Boy’s Life, yet never sent it off! I came up short with the bubble gum wrappers! And it was all my parent’s fault, for they and their strict rules forbid ordering anything advertised in comic books!!!!

Who would have known the source of youth corruption with their ex-ray glasses and spy cameras also held the power to depart eternal truth and fulfillment of joy and pure love???? Who would have guessed, or even known the answers were right there and all for little more than a song and an order form !

I have silently reading this thread, hanging my head in shame as I could have been one of you, one of the few, the proud the proud the first wavers!!!!!

Oh the humility!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America; SIZE>

Grizz SIZE>

Awww Grizzy, I have always loved your posts! It is no surprise to me that your heart was inclined to embrace the greatness of the Amazing Sea Monkeys! Welcome our new Bruthah, to the exciting and New Dynamic fellowship of the Amazing Sea Monkeys! And remember,

There is no condemnation towards you for not persuing(sp?) your own Amazing Sea Monkey! habitat, because they know that it is right to obey one's parents!

Welcome brother!

Back in the good ol days when I was an Altar Boy in parochial school, We sent away for some Sea Monkeys.

Well, after morning mass and a bit of nippin' at the sacrifical wine my buddy Robert and I came up with a great idea of pouring the bag of seamonkeys into the Holy water storage tank in the back of the church. about 3 weeks later little sea monkeys starting coming out when the sacristen refilled the Holy water fonts.

There is some kind of rule about disposal of Holy water. I guess that It has to be poured out on consecrated ground and the need for a ceremony when you do it. Well, They packed up the whole school into busses one day and took us to the Catholic Cemetary where we stood in the snow while the priest perfomed a 30 minute ceremony and poured the water with millions of seamonkeys onto the ground.

I remember thinking that it was some sort of Genocide and wondered if they were Holy martyr sea monkeys. anim-smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

dance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

ship.gifw.gif

Ya know Wayfer Not, I don't know the answer to that one. I have heard it all my life, but really, the only cockle I ever heard of as far as knowing what it actually was, is a "clam like" creature. You know, as in "Cockles and Mussels", etc...

I will have to look it up and get back to you...