GreaseSpot Cafe

Done with Greasespot

Mary Cate

I was a little irritated last night and said something that seemingly agrees with the selective enforcement complaint. I don't agree with that. The only "selectivity" I see is a slight favoring of those who can best state their case. That's not unfair, it's just normal.

This is one of the best-run forums I've seen.

quote:
Originally posted by modWaiter:

If you could see what goes on _BEFORE_ any major action is taken you would understand the gravity with which those decisions are made.

Even without seeing behind the scenes interaction, that's pretty obvious. Y'all do a good job.

Now to a serious subject: You really should consider getting your bees some clothes.

quote:
The only "selectivity" I see is a slight favoring of those who can best state their case. That's not unfair, it's just normal.
why is it not unfair, but just normal, long gone ? i don't understand

i see people "stating their case" with "logic" and "big words" and turning things around to where they make someone look small, but they are clever enough to make themselves look "innocent" whatever

never mind

Maybe it is unfair in a sense, excathedra, but not because of unfair forum policies or practices. I think the rules are fair and that pawtucket and the moderators honestly try to administer them fairly.

I don't come around much anymore - not because I'm angry or anything - just busy.

I remember when I started using Private Topics with another GSer - and they wondered why there were so many "hits" on a subject only two of us were supposed to be able to see.

Well - duh - I didn't know I could receive notificatons when someone replied to a PT I had started, so I'd just check back 2, 3 or 4 times a day to see if I'd received a response. It was ME, O Lord - not some snoopy moderator! Duh, again.

There have also been times when I turned off my notifications because I was getting too many emails - especially when I was posting a lot more. I rarely had PT's going, but did check some of the old ones every now and then to make sure no one had replied to them.

So, there are reasons that there may be more hits on a PT than the number of posts they contain.

Just my 2¢.

quote:
i see people "stating their case" with "logic" and "big words" and turning things around to where they make someone look small, but they are clever enough to make themselves look "innocent" whatever...

Very good point Excath. I couldn't agree more.

MC,

I noticed within the last week an insurgents of anger among many folks. I don't know all the reasons why and it is not my place to know.

What I do know is how to protect my heart and keep my stuff contained. When it comes to matters of the heart there are a select few I have confided in. They know who they are. I am persuaded that they keep confidence and DO NOT take on my stuff.

I have noticed in myself that when I am drawn into someone eles fight or issues, it put me in the middle of there amotional reaction of which I have no control over nor should have. I become a willing victum to the chaos.

It appears you are upset and from reading prior post that there has been some misinformation taken to heart. Find out truly what the facts are.

If after some time...you truly have decided to leave...you will be missed. NAMASTE, MC namaste.

quote:
George was not making a theological statement.
I think it was a prayer of sorts. Notice that he said "dam" rather than "damn." I think he was asking God to shut us all up. Ya gotta admit, that would be a blessing.

Still another George (who would go by George W. from Texas but some SOBush took that handle).

ok

who knew?

I thought you had to a God to pray and use figures of speech!

well this is sure new wine skin or something cause it puts a whole knew spin on what we can do for one another .

so George we really do not have to think about having a God to use these hidden meanings writtien in a code or to pray for people to be dammed?

now that is a wow !

how could anyone live without this information and data and at time pure revelation?

Here I was still counting the angels on that pin .

Ok I'll buy the invoking of figures of speech as long as we realize that it now sets a precedent for others to do the same in weaseldum.

For instance it could be said:"All non Christians are fools not wise." (Not as a statement of faith of course) but an Oxymoron-that which at first sight appears to be foolish,yet when we come to consider it, we find it exceedingly wise.

The scriptures have many examples: which are very instructive,because God's wisdom is esteemed foolish by man,and yet so very wise as to be far beyond his comprehension. This affords a wide field for the use of this most expressive figure.-E.W.Bullinger

Mary got set off and decided to leave and yeah life will go on here at Greasespot no matter who comes and goes but will miss her perspective and found her quite the character ! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Having met her and still will have contact, since she lives nearby and no she does not take her self as seriousLY as you may think. Yeah there's is drama and goodbye speeches but don't think you will ever get away from that here or anywhere else with the amount of people offering up opinions. Mary was and still is a friend and is unfortunate she left here on bad terms maybe with some. I do hope if there are really bad feelings toward her with some they do contact her in the manner she suggested on her farewell speech unless her profile is now gone with her e-mail. Probally is by now. icon_frown.gif:(--> Anyway Mary thanks for some of the post (just the ones I liked and some of the others ? oh well ! lol icon_biggrin.gif:D-->) Oblada di Obla da Life Goes ON ! Just like where I work. People quit all the time but there are some who leave with heartfelt memories ! Ok enough of my goodbye speech about Mary !

Edited by dougie73

Yeah, well, being a Waydale veteran, and hanging around here for what, like since the beginning, I've taken breaks when needed. Geeeze, for one's own mental health, sometimes it's good to indulge in real life. icon_smile.gif:)-->

God speed, Mary Cate. The door never closes here, which is what I love about the place. icon_smile.gif:)-->