GreaseSpot Cafe

Healing

TOMMYZ

TommyZ -- when you find something on it, let us know. It sure could be used here! icon_frown.gif:(-->

I used to have some stuff about it. I gave some books on the subject away, and that was years ago, so I'm not sure of the titles.

One title I do (kinda) remember, is "Jesus, the Healer" -- by (I think) E.W. Kenyon. If I remember right, I bought that at ROA a coupla decades or so ago.

Healing Mantras by Thomas Ashley-Farrand.

Positive Energy by Dr. Judith Orloff, M.D.

Are you looking for "energy" healing information? Or are you looking for herbal healing information? Or both? The first book I mention has a CD you can get so you listen to the mantras and not just try to go with the phonetics in the book. The book explains what the mantras mean and how to work with them. Thomas is christian and studied extensively. I have found saying mantra's to be very healing for myself and other people.

The other book is for "the healer" and how to keep themselves healthy while being able to do healing work with others or just plain add to or maintain health. Many healers are very empathetic and tend to take on the problems of the people that they are trying to help heal.

I believe that all healing comes from The God force and visualizing Jesus's bright white light is very healing when ever you need some support or just want to clear a negative situation. You just imagine the white light starting in your heart and expanding through out your being out through your aura.

You can also imagine the white light around the "problem" or person you are trying to help.

I hope this was on the track you were wondering about.

I loved "The Happy Hunters," Frances and Charles Hunter. They are in their 80's I think, and still giving and teaching.

After leaving twi I was so happy to find them. They just really enjoy their life. Enjoying the presence of the Lord.

They just flat out sell their "class" on healing. I was so happy to not have to grovel to be able to watch it -- rewind, wear out what I wanted skip over what I wanted.

Since then (circa 1994) of course I have found that the "control freaks" of twi are not the Christian norm, but back then it was a Great Comfort.

Love the Happy Hunters. Got to go to one live crusade. Just some more people who have given their lives to work for the Lord.

Kit

Well, my studies began in the B-I-B-L-E and then the twi.

However,

I did the School of Natural Healing Courses (Dr. Christopher); read anything I could get my hands on from Paul Bragg; N.W. Walker; Bernard Jensen, Dr. Richard Schulze (fellow student of Dr. Christopher). I took courses in nutrition, studied under other herbalists, chiropractors, massage therapists.

I was very slow to make the decision to do the School of Natural Healing, and spent many years in trial and error in Jethro Kloss' Back to Eden, etc. I spent alot of money through trial and error and wish I had not been so stubborn and taken Dr. Christopher's courses first. Dr. Schulze has a great webpage American Botanical Pharmacy. I also keep tabs on the Braggs' webpage, Christopher Hobbs (4th generation herbalist).

It is a great journey. I spent my twi years in researching healing and health. I began researching herbs and trees and grasses as used in the Bible. I ministered healing to people. I was not pleased with the results and decided to go further. I was certain that there was a definitive answer to a world sick and diseased, which was not just limited to "unbelievers".

If I can be of any further help, drop me an e-mail or PT.

The Masterherbalist

Hi all. My wife is legally blind and suffers from aniridia ( no iris ) and glaucoma. How she could be made whole was one of the things she was looking for when she joined TWI in '74.

Our son was born with good eyes but two years later our daughter was born with the same eye problems as mom. The healing she needs can only come from God so that's why she's looking into that area.

Tommyz- If she belives that her healing can only come from God She might checkout the statu of BG Leonard this is a link to his website.

BG Leonard

BG Leonards Gifts of the spirit class was the souce of much oft he PFAL series. Perhaps some one who has taken it can minister to her.

There are still people who can minister miraculous healings even if it has to be by phone. Ask Dot Matrix over at LES or search for her story here.

AFAIK,

conventional medicine's closest answer to this problem lies in stem-cell

research, and an answer to this in THAT area is perhaps another 50 years

or more in the future, if it's coming this century.

That having been stated, if they've done some basic medical investigation

(gotten 2nd and 3rd opinions, looked into stem-cell updates, etc.),

it would be fair to say they can draw the conclusion that conventional

medicine does not have an answer for them at this place and time.

Therefore, they having faced the choice of giving up or looking elsewhere,

they've elected to look elsewhere. Thus, this thread.

===============

Offhand, I don't know of anyone with a great track record on healing.

However, I do know they exist, and CAN be found.

Might want to expand your search outside ex-twi survivors.

Upon reading about your wife's condition, I would highly reccomend the book about the mantras. Sometimes the mantras lead to help that really works for issues. Sometimes the mantras work to heal the situation. I hope that you and your wife have a positive outcome to your search for healing. You are welcome to e-mail me privately if you have any questions.

Perhaps the best way to heal would be to accept the condition for what it is and make the best possible effort to live her life in spite of it. Looking to God for a solution is likely going to cause only disappointment.

LH

healing and God.

I believe God does heal and I believe in miricles.

that being said I do not believe the healing are on terms we can understand .

I can not look at the promise of the bible and make it a contract of faith as some christians do.

I think God has purpose and reason and rhyme and rules and a process of recovery from sin.

I can not take my new born baby and put him in the driver seat of my car and demand he get a job and live a wonderful life...

life is a process... a path a river... illness or injury is sin..

sin is not something a person has to do it can just be sin that is on earth .

Removing sin from life is a life changing process and we think we are what life gives us... or what the dr. may say is truth.

we have litle choice for the most part because sin is a powerful thing on this earth and God almighty often sadly is not .

some day this will not be a factor and everyone will be much healthier and less injured .

I have had years of my life with folks who can just barely blink their eyes unable to move and fed through a tube,it is documented they have a mind capable of zero to little thought process, brain injurys etc. Yet inside the soul I have often seen a communication a vioce a reason a purpose to be alive and have life. and the soul shines and shines we call it the personality ...

how can this be so? but it is and I smile with the knowing of it.

How can someone who has spent thirty years learning to count to twenty in the right order to receive a paper gold star as the reward, that is put on the wall at the house she shares with thirty others that may be even less capable of such a achievment?

She does not think she needs to be healed at all .

healing is a complex subject and when we throw God in the mix I think we forget the purpose of man or God and begin demanding life be the way we dictate it should be.

I think if we need to think about God and healing we need to think about sin and healing just as strongly and both subjects are very personal and deep and abiding and may take more than a life time on earth to learn.

I do not think God wants us to suffer, but I also know some vessals are used for reason that we may not consider positive or good or right... Yet God is in it.

I do not think God inflicts anyone with pain or disease but I know from the depth of my heart it can not and will not Stop Him from achieving HIS purpose in their life if such is involved.

I have heard we are a long way away from eye transplant but maybe they can put in new parts or make a part soon.

I hope so if that is what you want .

I have known people who do not want to hear or see as they have learned life as a deaf or unsighted person , yet it sounds as if this has been a degrading of sight situation for you and your wife and you feel you would like to be able to have this sense .

have you learned to live without the posible healing in any way ?

many places help with the adjustment and offer many fabulous tools to help with tasks . this may help with the stress of the condition while helping you to be as successful as possible until a cure is found somhow someway.

TOMMYZ asked for suggestions about healing, not suggestions on "living with it and adjusting." While being miserable about a condition creates it's own healing crisis, not asking the Divine and others for ideas about healing doesn't make any sense either.

I wish you much peace and joy for you and your family, TOMMYZ!

"Can anyone recommend good sources to check out on this subject?"

The only thing I would know to read, reread and again and again reread is the Psalms, in order to mold my heart's cry and my expectation towards the sovereign and merciful God.