GreaseSpot Cafe

Bargains

satori001

http://www.bensbargains.net/

Somewhere on Ben's site is a bulletin board (not the forum) and the comments are usually pretty funny. They're more like hecklers, but with occasionally good consumer advice. They will also tell you if the "bargain" ain't such a great deal after all. They're probably also mostly guys, so expect guy humor.

Where do you on the web go to look for bargains?

Allergy-sufferers, there's a "bargain" on the BOSCH BUC11700UC Cyclone Jet Vacuum Cleaner at J&R. Read about it at Ben's.

I like to go to freerecycle.com, I think it is. You can get and give free stuff. Or it might be .org, not sure, but its great for looking for stuff that others don't want. I like free... icon_smile.gif:)-->

reikilady,

Vonage is probably the biggest vendor.

Sometimes the same thing that happens when a website is overloaded will happen with Vonage and callers will not be able to get through.

Also, although there is no charge for long distance for the owner, since the hub may be over a hundred miles away, callers (even if they live next door) may get a long distance charge.

Sometimes the reception is lousy but if you make a lot of long distance calls it's probably worth it. - You can have callers call you and then call them right back.

It's freecycle.org and it's a great way to get stuff to folks who need it, instead of tossing things out into the cold world. Specific needs can be met; somebody might post a need for a baby gate, and it will get you thinking "Hey, my old baby gate is just sitting in the garage." It's a good idea, and there are local sites for many towns.

I love www.cars.com for when I go car shopping - it's how I've gotten my past three vehicles. I've been able to check the resale market as well for when selling, just to see what people were asking in my area for certain cars (they also have the Kelly Blue Book on line, but that doesn't always determine a final price - location is a factor, too.)