GreaseSpot Cafe

Oregon loves me

Shellon

Just ignore the weather stuff Shell, every place has weather. Even here we have weather, hot and really hot. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Like I said before I am so happy that you are having a great, fun, relaxing, happy, terrific, wonderful etc vacation!

keep on enjoying, love T

PS edited for spelling again...sigh

SHellbert!

A great place this Oregon be...really beautiful.

A few summers back, I had grand occassion to go to my (corporate) hippie brother's wedding there. It was a tremendously healing, joyful, sanguine, lovely, bittersweet, and ridiculously right trip to have made, chocked to the brim with moments that are already savored treasure moments in my mind.

Hector, (the 73 yr. old Grand Piper poo-pah of the Highland pipers) and Faeron (his faithful second)accompanied the morning sun rising in the sky the day of the wedding. Amazing Grace, originally written for the bagpipes, played by world-class pipers, way high (no pun intended) on the top of a lofty hill off TenMile Lake...the chords wafting thru the treetops...well, suffice it to say...it was lovely...........no beautiful Ohio, mind you...lol....just majestic for the bawdy Celts that did pagan happy dances that day.

My Mommy danced in the meadow.

My Dad ruled the clan...and we let him...again.

We rode in the nite, on a refurbished pontoon boat wedding present named the "African Queen,"

3 miles up the lake to the wedding site...a former Easter Seal Camp that my brother bought into with his former Haight buds that bumped into (legal) money somewhere along life's path...

What a run on sentence that was...

We laughed. We cried. We laughed again.

We fed a deer.

We ate a deer....lol...snort...

I guess you had to be there...

I communed with a great deal of nature...

A highlight (among many) that came during that trip was that SUZ (the Geobabe's helpmate...lol) came, along with lovely daughter, and met me at an Oregon airport with a very tall, much needed, awfully tasty, Margarita...in a Space Needle glass. icon_smile.gif:)--> I only wish we could have spent more time together, or that she could have accompanied me into one of the last great hurrahs of this McCarthy clan's festive celebrations of time and circumstance.

I would live there...but it would take another lifetime to implement those changes....that, and I really don't care for cappucino, Starbuck's, or everysinglebodyandtheirfriends being so frickin java savvy...lol. Sheesh!

Love to the girls, hugs to the Mombert.

X

M

I live in Portland. I love this town.

Pot smoking is popular here because the "crime" has been decriminalized. Less than a pound is just a misdemeanor. And we have medicinal MJ.

Not that we're the first or only state to allow, cause we weren't.

Portland had a good bubble in the late 90's and early early 2000's. But we hit a low in employment and a high in unemployment. Because in 2003 we had the highest unemployment, we got extra funding. But we're bouncing back.

Shellon, if you decide to move here, have a job first. http://portland.craigslist.org is you friend. Find home, job, friends there. Also, http://www.livejournal.com their community "damnportlanders" is a great resource too. Livejournal was started by Brad, a guy I went to high school and graduated with for 3 years. Very popular site.

The weekly Willamette Week http://www.wweek.com is a good resource for finding jobs. Also. http://www.oregonlive.com has all the classifieds from the Oregonian Newspaper online and easily searchable.

If you're still here, make sure to get to portland on the weekend and head downtown to under the burnside bridge to saturday market.

http://www.portlandsaturdaymarket.com

Portland rocks because its fairly liberal(which I am for). We have one of the best public transportation systems in the country with more lines added each year (http://www.trimet.org)

We had great people, lots of cool breweries like Rock Bottom, McMennamins, and Bridgeport.

Many non-corporate coffeeshops like Coffeetime, Annabananas, Portland Coffeehouse (both of them), Cafe Vivace, etc. Personal telco is working on making portland internet wireless. So, those who have wireless cards on their laptops can head downtown and other places around the city to be online, for FREE!!

Portland is very liberal and gay marriage was okayed in Multnomah county(where Portland is). There are many gay, bi, lesbian, transgendered, transexuals and more living in this fine city.

I know in the way, people were kicked out for being okay with them or being gay, bi, lesbial etc...but in Portland, it is good to have an open mind and heart. They are people too.

love icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
We had great people, lots of cool breweries like Rock Bottom, McMennamins, and Bridgeport.

Saturday market, McMennamins (love the Ruby), Basta's Mediterranean food, Rose Festival, Spanish coffees at Hubers, and the downtown Nordstrom Rack....God I miss that place! My favorite McMennamins is the one is in Northwest Ptown with the old theatre. You could get in for a buck and drink beer while watching a movie. Love the Widmer hefeweizen also!!!!

LOL Herbie!!!

Portland has the largest amount of wayfers in the whole state now. Corvallis, home to Oregon State University, was MA'd from believers living there because of the large population of homosexuals living there. Corvallis is actually a nice little college town.