Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kathy! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Good Saturday morning to you. I think Wasway was giving you a hint on the theme I posted (click HERE). Hiway29 gave a good hint too concerning the character that left.

I'll be checking in sporadically today (yeah, it HAS been quiet around here hasn't it?) as I'm installing a new DVD burner in one of my computers. Been up since 4 O'clock and I'm having a great time. The installation was a piece of cake.. it's getting the right editing and burning software that's work.

I have a DVD recorder hooked to my TV so I put a DVD I recorded into my new DVD burner on my computer. Here's a snippet from it and it's not half bad if I do say so myself. Click HERE! and name the movie or actress singing.

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

quote:
Originally posted by wasway:

Hey ya Ang.. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

What's an Ang? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Ummm, that would be better spelled "Andge" or "Anj" rather than Ang.

It was the nickname for one of the main characters of the show, by the other of the main characters.

Re: all things Brylcreamy

Unlike the version offered hear, that little carol (and I ain't talkin' Channing) was originally sung by a summer stock or chanting group in Chicago, circa very early 70s. I saw the show at the Kingston Mines Theatre...it was very fun. One of the "stars" of that show was a '57 Chevy.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

quote:
Originally posted by wasway:

Hey ya Ang.. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

What's an Ang? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Ummm, that would be better spelled "Andge" or "Anj" rather than Ang.

It was the nickname for one of the main characters of the show, by the other of the main characters.

I knew it! I knew it! My gawd y'all WILL I EVER LEARN HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Okay, I think I need a learning curve here, they use to give them to me in school, so what ya think huh? icon_frown.gif:(-->

icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Hi Kathy! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Good Saturday morning to you. I think Wasway was giving you a hint on the theme I posted...

sudo

Sudo, I ain't doing so good at this, why do I keep forgetting y'all are giving clues. Is there a medical explanation I wonder? Or is it MENTAL? icon_eek.gif

Geeze Kathy..

For the life of me I don't know what you're trying to say.. That you don't know the show (click HERE!)?? or don't get the clues?? You haven't taken a stab at the show so I don't know if you know it or not.. If you DON'T know it (no shame here, girl!) more clues will be forthcoming. Did you read what Matilda posted about the one I got from my DVD (click HERE!..UPDATED!!)? Did you have any ideas about that one??

Like I said, no shame here but we've lost several participants over the years because they felt stupid at not knowing these tunes. I hope that doesn't happen to you, if as I'm thinking you aren't knowing them.

Look at how slow this thread can get. We NEED folks who need clues.. makes us feel smarter. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo

P.S. I've updated the Sandra Dee song above!! Much better now, I think. This DVD software is a bugger bear!

Edited by Sudo

Hey, I can't be here right now but real quick....I am a bonehead cause when y'all give a clue I respond to the clue like you are trying to tell me something. Now one would think, bingo, she has it by joe. But no way on that puppy, nah....I think people are just trying to say something and bong-bing to the forehead, I fail to realize it's a clue to a theme. Um, I really gotta go now, neighbors have a fire in the back to sit around.

Your themes are not too hard, I just have to stop trying to reply to a clue. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Okay Sudo I'll get back to play now. Let me go listen to the one(s) still open.

The fire was lovely, the night air very cold, the stars were covered sadly icon_frown.gif:(--> but the stuff going around the fire was pretty funny. icon_smile.gif:)-->

While stoking the fire with a tool my neighbor thought should be called tongs she goes into this "tong" thing. She asked if we liked this old icon_frown.gif:(-->=old song "Major Tong". Thinking there was a song none of us had heard of but her we asked if she would sing a little or give us a few words. She then begins to start singing....ground control to Major Tong....and we all started to laugh. She said why are you laughing that's a great song. Then her husband asked her did she know they were saying Major Tom to which she said no they aren't they are saying Major Tong as she drawls out Toongg and we know she is serious and we lose it. She had been a person with the lights on and no one home the entire night leading up to the "tong" deal but from that point on the room was out of control....well the outside was out of control then. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

My knickers ain't in a twist, I'm just trying to help Chattski understand what was said. I didn't think that "Ang" was all that understandable, is all.

Steve, you got it and I thank you for it, maybe that is a bad thing my friend. Getting me! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And Sudo, don't be kicking that rock around too hard on the way to the fishing hole ya hear?! icon_wink.gif;)-->

ChattyKathy,

Major Tongicon_smile.gif:)--> Misunderstood lyrics are funny and really very common. The past thread, "Closed Caption Creadence," (from Super Bowl Sunday) talked about that and in it, someone gave a website expressly for lyric bloopers that was fun.

I need to start saving up boxtops for the magic decoder ring...lol.

quote:
Don't get your knickers in a twist. You're ensemble would look funny if it had to don knotts that may bury your gooood cracker intents.

"look funny" - Barny Fife always looked funny, his elastic face and mugging were his hallmark

"don knots" - the funny looking character actor that played Barny Fife

"may bury" - Mayberry USA is the little TV town where funny DonBarny played Sheriff Taylor's oft knicker twisted deputy

"gooood cracker" - was a longtime commercial catch phrase (and punchline to jokes) that Andy Griffith (aka Anj Andge Ang) delivered in a series of Ritz cracker commercials

...word association and cryptograms because, as DB and others alluded to earlier, "probably everyone knows this one" and I didn't want to just come out and say The Andy Griffith Show, co-starring Don Knotts as Barny Fife called Sherriff Andy Taylor (played by Andy Griffith) "Anj."

The decoder ring was offered when this thread first started (back when Clinton was new) but I haven't been around in a while.

Grease Oddity

Ground Control to Major Tom Tong. Ground Control to Major Tong.

Take your protein pills and, good lord man put that smoke out.

Ground Control to Major Tong, commencing countdown, engines on.

Check ignition and may God's love be with you (from some icon_razz.gif:P--> ).

This is Ground Control to Major Tong, you've really made the grade

and the greasers want to know if you will be in chat tonight?

Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare and after that cabbage for air.

This is Major Tong to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door.

And I'm floating in a most peculiar way and the stars look very different today.

For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world.

Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do..

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still and AIM just went down.

And I think my spaceship knows which way to go. Tell my wife I love her very much.

She knows. Ground Control to Major Tong, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong

Can you hear me, Major Tong? Can you hear me, Major Tong? Can you hear me, Major Tong?

Can you- Here am I floating round my tin can far above the Moon.

Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

Except add a line or two.

This is Major Tong to planet earth, you're looking mighty fine.

But I can't hang out here too long or I'll miss what Mike has to say.

Major Tong this is planet earth and you are coming in real strong.

Come back now, meet us over at the "!'s", trail the stars along.

Kathy,

That's a good tune, no doubt, and since you particularly like it.. how about hearing it in yop 320 bit rate? It's nearly 13 meg but what the heck.. we all seem to have broadband here. Regular (left) click HERE! to listen or right click HERE! to save it to disk. Enjoy!!

I've told you guys I've been installing and fiddling around with DVD software all weekend. Anyone interested in a 4 gig ISO of Million Dollar Baby?? Premo quality??? Hmmmmm???? Don't think it's pirated. I gots it from my daughter's boyfriend and while viewing it it says 'property of Time Warner'. He claims its one of 1000's they sent out for Academy Award lobbying. Makes sense.

sudo skull.jpg