• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny Geo

Hi Kathy!

Hey Sudo good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for inviting me to this thread. I will try to derail it, but after 66 pages it might be hard!

I have been well. Trying to get adjusted to a new move to the midwest thanks to the Navy. My heart is in Virginia though and there it shall remain.

Adios,

Howdy howdy, girl! Now you stick around a while OK? I know you Navy families just love the Tidewater area of Virginia but you may get used to corn fields. Uh, does this move mean that hubby is leaving the Navy?

I've been fooling around with my DVD drive and software on the computer. For those of you with a high speed internet connection, click HERE! for the video of the tune I posted from Priates Of The Carribean. It'll wait a few seconds to download as it plays but if you just wait.... it should be smooth.

It rips from the DVD as a 22meg file. I thought I was doing good to get it down to 6 and change icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. Hey! I'm just fooling around. Can everybody see it alright??

sudo

Okay, this one I think I'm safe on. redface.gif:o-->

Revealing mistakes: During the "Supercali..." song, when Bert and Mary sing "The biggest word you ever heard and this is how it goes..." Mary's head becomes slightly transparent and you can see the animation behind her. This goof might only be on the remastered 2004 DVD version. (source imdb)

mary_poppins.jpg

Kathy,

The weekend! Yes.. cute. How folks live just for the weekends and I'm finding myself more that way now that my firstborn is off to college. We get to see her on some weekends.

Those pics from Mary Poppins?? That was a strange movie. What was Mary Poppins exactly? A witch? It seemed that maybe she didn't age. And what was her relationship with Bert who was a mere mortal? Was this a movie to be taken on different levels if you were a child or an adult?

Here's a tune from a Disney movie and though its not heard much.. its my favorite song from said afore-mentioned movie icon_smile.gif:)-->. I'm posting the good MP3 version because I don't think any posters on this thread use dial-up any longer so it doesn't matter. Click HERE!

Wasway has chided me about posting large files like this but sadly he has forsaken us for other forums it appears icon_frown.gif:(-->. But if anyone would prefer for me to make these files smaller, I can do that. They just sound better if not reduced. Time was.. Rick, Wasway and I HAD to reduce these files because 90% of us had only dial up internet accounts. That was a long long time ago... about two years icon_razz.gif:P-->. At least Rick says he's checking in here nearly every day even if he doesn't post.

sudo

Sudo, that was lovely.

But I can't recall much about the movie. Although there was an adult theme it seemed even though she was like the kids in some ways. But it was too many years ago. It's just when SaintGeorge said that super...word it reminded me of the movie. icon_smile.gif:)-->

It was neat seeing Adios wasn't it!

JulieAndrews.jpg

Kathy,

Re:"It was neat seeing Adios wasn't it!"

Of course. I was so hoping she would join us down here on the Nostalgia thread. It's been at least two years since we've seen her and she added so much. But alas.. other lives... other committments.

Yes.. it was a neat sound file (HERE!) wasn't it?? I'm telling you, you need to play that on your good speakers because you'll miss the big cathedral organ and bass if you don't. Great tune.

sudo

I'm listening on my good speakers, even as I type. icon_smile.gif:)-->

She has one incredible voice doesn't she?

I found a nice shot of her singing to the bird but it took a commitment I wasn't willing to make to transport it here.

Adios is delightful and smart, yes it would be grand if she'd join us here. wave.gif:wave:-->

I guess my life must be tied to this hear joint of yours. And beings Rick had his own café in Casablanca maybe you ought to name this joint something. wink2.gif;)-->

icon_eek.gif

Yes, Sudo,

That was a fine song. I always enjoyed that part where the orchestra swells and she sings "Around the cathedral, the saints and apostles..." and we get a big overhead view of the cathedral with the statues of the saints around the top.

Another favorite song of mine from the movie was a "spoonful of sugar" reprise in a minor key that Bert (as the chimneysweep) sings to Mr. Banks. I think it's the key point in the movie when Mr. Banks realizes that all the things he thought were important were really insignificant next to his children. It always brings a tear to my eye.

And Kathy, if the picture you were thinking of is the one I have in mind, it's actually in the "Spoonful of Sugar" song where she whistles the melody with a bird in harmony.

Last point: how many of the songs were really sung by Julie Andrews, and how many were dubbed by Marne Nixon?

George