Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :biglaugh:

There is a 40th anniversary for you Trekkie fans in Chicago and other places this year.

The Captain and Spock will be there.

It's in Early Sept.

I just think it's funny that the picture of the band looks EXACTLY like every other band of the late 60s/early70s.

Could be the Doobie Brothers, AWB, Crosby,Stills and Nash, or Rare Earth, only a really dedicated fan would know the difference. The uniforms were so similar - tee hee! The beards, hair, the thrift store clothes, and - above all - the arrogant, self-assured, know-it-all demeanor. - Oh to be 17 again...

I gotta agree with the odd one though. The music was pretty tepid, trivial, MOR, MOS stuff, whudn't it?

That's kinda why I slipped into jazz mode and never looked back...

Do they allow you to take pics there ChattingKathy? Are you still with the 'you know who'?

Nah, I'm not on assignment with the FBI anymore and nope, I'd not been able to take pictures there. :)

I just think it's funny that the picture of the band looks EXACTLY like every other band of the late 60s/early70s.

Could be the Doobie Brothers, AWB, Crosby,Stills and Nash, or Rare Earth, only a really dedicated fan would know the difference. The uniforms were so similar - tee hee! The beards, hair, the thrift store clothes, and - above all - the arrogant, self-assured, know-it-all demeanor. - Oh to be 17 again...

I gotta agree with the odd one though. The music was pretty tepid, trivial, MOR, MOS stuff, whudn't it?

That's kinda why I slipped into jazz mode and never looked back...

All look the same? :biglaugh:

Edited by ChattyKathy

Geo,

It wasn't the stew I don't believe.. it was the hootch! But best moonshine I ever had. I needed an oldies TV tune to make me feel better and I found one. I'll tell you guys this much.. this is the theme song to a 60's Saturday morning kids' show. Now listen to it and tell me whether it was pre-Beatles or post-Beatles. I'm betting Hiway29 will know this one right off and if so I welcome him to give hints for the rest of ya'll. I have the full version complete with words, too. I loved this tune even if the TV show was just "O.K" in my opinion. But talk about a TV show in tune with the times. Click HERE!

sudo

XXX: Can you guess how many drugs I did?

XXX: A lot.

XXX: Wow! Right on the nose!

Do you know the show this quote came from by this alone? :)

Sudo,

I have no idea. :unsure:

I agree with hiwayman, it's good to see you back, and your pics in Open are great.

grrrrr hahahahahahahaha

Edited by ChattyKathy

Ah George!

But there was another. The first British TV production shown on American TV and yes, it was pre-Beatles.. pre-Ed Sullivan as Highway29 pointed out. Does this pic do it for you?

I'll post the version that most everyone from that era should remember later this afternoon. This version actually became a hit on the pop charts and the man that sang it? His daughter is married to Russell Crowe. And yes. He's Australian, too.

adq.jpg

sudo