GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Well, to get back to nostalgia for a moment, did anybody else see this in the news:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/film/fe...ticle304027.ece

Yeah, Marilyn is STILL the hearthrob of men (and some women, no doubt) everywhere.

God, I'd give a months pay to have been a fly on the wall whilst she was taking her physical inventory. O.K., maybe I've said too much.

Marilyn, I still love you!

{But, BTW - Joan CRAWFORD?(!)}

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. Joan Crawford??

And the idea that someone will get people to take alternative versions of Marilyn's death seriously by writing a book called "Marilyn's Last Words: Her Secret Tapes and Mysterious Death."

I was too young to really get into Marilyn (except in the reruns of her movies). I was a big Raquel fan, myself!

George

George,

Re:"I was too young to really get into Marilyn (except in the reruns of her movies)."

As were most of us here. She died in what? 1962? I was 10 years old and not into yucky girls yet angelkit.gif. Isn't there a line like that in Candle In The Wind? Too young to have known her or something??

I've gots a tune that most of you have heard but maybe not the whole thing. Is this where everybody's going to know it before they even click on it? Kathy.. I'm placing it on Rick's server so you can hear it. Click HERE!

Sorry I've been gone so long but... and I mean it... I'se been busy!! I had some help but built two new computers Friday and been loading and configuring all weekend.

sudo

Kathy,

Hey!! I wanna' see those pics!! I remember seeing pics of Marilyn in her birthday suit years ago. I'm thinking they were from when she posed for Playboy. You know, Kathy... you could always just post the link to them. You know... for nostalgia's sake icon_biggrin.gif:D-->.

sudo (remembering those pictures fondly)

that's the classic pin up from the first issue of Playboy, and is hardly 'shocking' or 'offensive'. In an odd way, it would fit next to the first Alfred E Neuman, Mad magazine cover. Tho I'd take Marilyn over Alfred anyday,( I do have a statue of Neuman on my desk, tho-ulp)