GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Welcome moony3424!

It's nice to see new faces posting here. It's a wonderful place to hang. The dress is comfy not casually nice. We have no stringed chairs or little mints in a bowl. But we do have down home wonderful folks that pass through these halls so please stick around.

And Brother Speed that goes for you as well please.

wave.gif:wave:-->

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

It's official.. you're now the designated greeter for the Nostalgia thread angelkit.gif!! So keep up the good work and lets get folks visiting. For Mooony we're going to need a Starbucks pitcher it looks like but I don't know about Brother Speed... maybe he'd appreciate a little clip I think he'll be familiar with... click HERE!

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy,

It's official.. you're now the designated greeter for the Nostalgia thread angelkit.gif!! So keep up the good work and lets get folks visiting. For Mooony we're going to need a Starbucks pitcher it looks like but I don't know about Brother Speed... maybe he'd appreciate a little clip I think he'll be familiar with... click HERE!

sudo

I hope he didn't bring his ray gun!

George

I'm first up.. I'm first up.. da-da-de-dah-daaaaah! Oh, I've BEEN up for a while. Number one daughter has a headache and needed one of daddy's potions. Dog's been out.. Ah! I love holidays.. And I've got another clip to post in a bit, too!!

sudo

P.S. In case anyone missed that voice... here's another go at it...HERE!

This was a neat thing just now. See our trash pickup is never interrupted even if it falls on a holiday.

Well our newest neighbors to the circle didn't realize that so weren't prepared. The men in the circle pull it out early Monday morning so they didn't see it before going to bed. Well the truck comes in and nabs 4 of the houses set out trash and as it's pulling out this new neighbor comes stumbling out in shorts and no shoes holding out his hands saying I didn't know and looks over to us and said I'll have to take it to work I guess. icon_frown.gif:(-->

So I go back to tending my tomatoes that I didn't know I grew and back comes this truck about 15 minutes later and pulls in and gets this guys trash, he had caught sight of his confusion as he was leaving and planned to return when he could continue his route and be headed back in our direction.

You know what! It's a holiday and that guy is being paid well I'm sure, but dadgum him he didn't have to do that. I just wanted to share that y'all. icon_smile.gif:)-->

ha ha ha I can just see your neighbor doing that trash scene.cause I've been there down that Sometimes Iv'e run out in my bath robe when I hear the truck commin'

I can't put out the trash til morning cause the racoons here are busy little critters and no matter what I try to keep them from turning over the cans they find a way to turm em' over Those coons work as family 4 or 5 at a time.

My my.. lotsa posting going on this weekend. And sometimes we get nada. It was two whole pages back that I posted the last movie clip so I want to re-post to bring it up to the top for folks just checking in. Click HERE! and HERE!

I know you don't know it Kathy but I've got another clip from the movie for you. It's a cameo by a woman you know very well. Who is this lady with the thick (obviously fake) Southern accent? If you don't know right off the bat it's because 1)This was before she got famous and 2)She's not dressed the way you remember her and 3)Its a poor quality video with audio synchronization slightly off.

I'm new to video editing. I've done audio aditing for years and feel pretty comfortable with it but video?? Many many more variables, formats, codecs etc. to deal with so I know you'll be forgiving... click HERE! And since it's going to sputter and spit at you the first time you play it.. simply play it again and it should be fine.

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

I know you don't know it Kathy but I've got another clip from the movie for you. It's a cameo by a woman you know very well. Who is this lady with the thick (obviously fake) Southern accent? If you don't know right off the bat it's because 1)This was before she got famous and 2)She's not dressed the way you remember her and 3)Its a poor quality video with audio synchronization slightly off.

I'm new to video editing. I've done audio aditing for years and feel pretty comfortable with it but video?? Many many more variables, formats, codecs etc. to deal with so I know you'll be forgiving... click HERE! And since it's going to sputter and spit at you the first time you play it.. simply play it again and it should be fine.

sudo

icon_smile.gif:)-->