GreaseSpot Cafe

Oh where, oh where has Flat Stanley gone?

Steve!

I didn't really want to set it up to be a controlled thing, but so many g-spotters wanted to be involved, and I couldn't think of another way to do it so that everyone could receive a visit from Flat Stanley.

Of course, once he leaves Pawtucket's hands, he'll be roaming quite a bit more freely.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat Stanley has landed in the land of the Maple Leaf!!!

He started singing 'Oh Canada' when he came out of his enveloppe!!!

Tell Zach - I love his colouring on Flat Stanley (and so did my girls)! We are taking Flat Stanley down to Lake Ontario to take some pictures and a few other spots to send along with the postcard.

After that...he's off to Montr?, Qu?c!

Ah oui, bon voyage Monsieur Stanley!!!

I thought of a another spot I could send him if you're interested...the nation's capital??? Have a niece who would love to meet him if you're interested. But, I understand completely if he needs to get on his way. There are others who are waiting for his arrival. icon_smile.gif:)-->

A la - that is good news!

I'll tell you what, why don't you send him to Montr?, Qu?c, then have him sent to that niece, and then SHE can send him on to New Mexico. It will put Flat Stanley in Rhode Island long about December or January, I think that's workable.

Mstar - News Flash!!!

Zach's teacher sent along - ANOTHER FLAT STANLEY!

He will be on his way to you early this afternoon, and you can send him on his way to Iraq!

This new Flat Stanley will be a lot more free-wheeling right from the start than the other Flat Stanley.

Cool, this is fun, I'll send our international ambassador of goodwill Stanley off as soon as he arrives....It will be interesting to see where he lands on his own.

Glad the kids liked the postcard, keep us posted where they all start coming in from....just sort of curious-- how many Flat Stanleys from Zach's class are floating around out there?

There are 20 students in Zach's class, so there are now 21 Flat Stanleys out there.

They got Flat Stanley's postcard from Arizona (thank you, WashingtonWeather!), and at least one from Maine (thanks, Shaz!) - sometimes it's a bit tricky getting information out of Zach - he IS a typical 2nd grader, after all.

And besides postcards from g-spotters, they've gotten 13 or 14 other postcards, and thats about it.

The photos just came back today, including an "on-location" pic of our man Flat. I can get them out tomorrow. I can't scan photos, so Steve, email me your mailing addy and I will send them to you via Priority mail, feel free to scan whatever onto Gspot and then Zach can have them for school, okey-dokey?

Regards,

Shaz

Okay, I just heard from Zach's teacher.

First, make sure that you mention Zach's name in the postcards you send.

Second - I was wrong about the number of postcards they've gotten. Again, getting info from Zach can be tricky.

They've gotten 3 altogether - one from Massachusetts, one from Maine - and one from Wisconsin.

Dovey -- Here is what Steve! posted on page one of this thread. It explains everything.

quote:
Okay, one of our children, Zach, the second grader, has a class project going on.

Every child in his class drew and colored Flat Stanley.

Flat Stanley was a (fictitious) boy that was flattened in a bookcase, and now travels the world.

Zach's assignment is to send Flat Stanley to someone in another city, state, or country, and that person will make an entry in Flat Stanley's passport (yes, he comes with a passport that has about 10 pages), then send a postcard back to Zach's classroom, and forward Flat Stanley to someone else in another city, state, or country, and then whoever has Flat Stanley after May 1, 2005 is supposed to mail him and his passport back to the class.

The kids have a lot of fun with it.

I saw Flat Stanley and immediately thought of the folks at Greasespot Cafe. There are people here that live in all parts of the world.

Would anyone be willing to host Flat Stanley for a short time, send a postcard to Zach's class, and then send Flat Stanley to his next host? He doesn't eat much - nothing, actually - and since he is flat and fits in a 4" x 6" envelope, doesn't take much space. The only expenses involved would be the cost of a postcard and postage for the postcard and to send Flat Stanley to his next destination.

I thought perhaps a good start might be someone in the UK or Australia or Canada. Trefor? A la Prochaine? Girl from Oz (if you're still around)?

Anyone that would enjoy participating, please send me an email at stevelwall99@yahoo.com. And thank you!

He comes to you via snail mail. You send a postcard to the school via snail mail, and send Flat off to his next destinaton the same way. icon_smile.gif:)-->

BTW -- How are ya doing?? icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

David

Thanks dmiller, Now I think I understand, Its amazing to me that SOME people think just cuz they get it I should get it but I didn't until I got you e-mail and one little sentence from you, that was not in the original thread, and Bingo I got it and want to help too. icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Your the best buddy, Love Dovey anim-smile.gif