GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast Roll Call & Post-Roast Thoughts & Pictures

Oakspear

Can youse (or y'all icon_biggrin.gif:D-->) who are going post whether you are going for sure and when you plan on arriving? Mainly so the food coordinators know how many mouths are being fed.

I'll be arriving 3:00 PM or so. Bringing a coffee pot, plastic stuff and some italian sausage & peppers to supplement the Better'n Sex Stew provided by Sudo.

Edited by Oakspear

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I will not be able to make it due to several unexpected expenses that have come my way.

icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(-->

I was so looking forward to meeting everyone. I guess I'll just have to get a WOW mobile and take a tour of the states to get to see everyone face to face.

I will be in attendance along with a kid or two in tow. I have a cabin reserved and should arrive sometime after 3. Cathy if you have a food need not covered just let me know what to bring. Other n that, I'll see you there, or here, or not, in which case you'll have missed a really laid back good time.

Rascal & family(?) is the whole tribe and dogs goin' rascal?

Oakspear - confirmed

Sudo - confirmed

Herbal - confirmed

WWJLA - confirmed

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->no, you're not fried pork rinds! Just tryin' to get a realistic number. It seems these get togethers attract lots of attention, but since we all have lives the number who actually show up is a lot less than the initial interest. It has been a long time since rock & roll icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oak,

I hadn't made the stew you named "better-than-sex" in a while, so last night I made up a batch just to make sure I hadn't lost my touch. Oh, it was goooood. I guess you were right because after several bowls of the stuff, my wife didn't want to fool around. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo

With less than a month to go, it is now looking bleak for me to be there. icon_frown.gif:(--> There is some family "business" that came up, and I have to be at it in Iowa, one week after the weenie roast. I do not have enough vacation time to take off for both.

This was unexpected, but it is something I can't really get out of. I barely have enough vacation time to cover my needs there, but I do have enough for the one.

I will miss seeing you all down there in the Smokies. I was looking forward to attending a "real roa", even if it is called a weenie roast.

Gosh you guys....I hate that we are going to miss you all....looks like it is going to be a small group this year....Herbal... have you talked to hawk n corey? Bow and the princess said that thye were coming....but I haven`t hear from them since they left tennessee....maybe I shouldda kep em here till the roast eh?

Song remains..are you coming?

My oldest will not be able to attend this year....unless she can talk her father into bringing her...

I am unsure whether or not I will bring the rest of them....

Any word from tessa Jardinero or oen?

Where are hope and John?

Hey Rascal!

There's still plenty of time for folks to check in and we might get a sizable group yet. In any event, I'm looking forward to it for a number of reasons. It's gonna' be a beautiful Fall.. the temps are already moderating here in west Tennessee, and I'm going to meet up again with some of the folks I met last year.

Yeah.. we'll have us our campfires and sitting around really getting to know each other if only Oakspear doesn't take out that kazoo and get me started again!! icon_mad.gif

And ummmm.. the food and drink. Oh boy.. it could be smaller than last year's but so what.. it'll just be more intimate getting to really know folks and their hearts.

sudo