GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast Roll Call & Post-Roast Thoughts & Pictures

Oakspear

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot that Oak - thanks for stating that. It takes me quite a while, sometimes to walk from one place to another.

I wonder if I could park the RV where most of you will be sleeping and just not use hookup features...

Yes, I did say brownies...but it is premature to start salivating.

We just won`t know untill we get there Krys...but please come, we will make every effort to accomodate you....including bringing the party to your rv.

I usually coordinate a lot of the food prep...so people generally congregate at the campground...however each weinie roast is different.

I will be with you if you chose to camp...if you let me know ahead of time I will reserve a spot by ours and will be able to assist you in whatever you need..

At Tims ford parking would have been no prob...but since this is a new local I just don`t know...but cannot imagine that there will be a problem.

In past years we spent a lot of time around the campfire at the campgrounds.

I cannot tell you the wheres and hows...only that each year everybody was been well taken care of....well except poor pawtucket...nobody ever woke him up for breakfast and there was never any bacon left for him....:-(

Please know that if you make the effort to come ...we will take care of any needs that arrise....don`t worry about brownies....just get yourself here so we can enjoy your excellent company...I have wanted to meet you for years:-)

I really want to be there. If I am as good as I am today, or even close....I will be.

I don't want to be the center of attention, that would spoil everybody's fun. But I believe we can take care of each other very well.

I want to meet all of you guys too! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Krys,

As Rascal was saying, we usually have to ferry people. Last year it was me and my mini-van doing it for the most part but lookie.. here's how it goes down....

Everyone meets up at my and Oakspear's cabin Friday afternoon (or whenever they get in) and eats Better-Than-Sex Stew. Then we decide where we all want to go hang out. Maybe a camp site.. maybe someone's cabin. Last year we hung out at two different cabins separated by 50 feet. We sort of went from one party to another so to speak.

You see? It's all played by ear and we make the rules as we go. This year looks to be slightly fewer people and hence will be easier to manage. But I say that and tons of folks will show up. I hope you can make it, Krys. Maybe we'll play Name That Tune! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo

Lol...we will figure out a sign...remind me to tell you about me n pawtucket mistaking each others identities last year...rofl

I thought I would DIE of mortification....

My husband (aka guest spouse) arrived before I did last year and had no trouble following his nose to sudos stew ... he didn`t know anyone either...

Rascal,

I remember that! Hee-hee! The very sight of Hawk might scare anybody who didn't know what a sweet guy he really is, huh?

Krys,

Re:"It looks like a big park...how will I recognize your cabin?"

You got me. We worried about this a little last year, too, but guess what? Everyone found Oak's and my cabin just fine. Maybe it was the fine aroma of the Better-Than-Sex Stew that led them there. Maybe it was all the WOW-mobiles parked out front (I was driving an 11 year old mini-van). icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

All the cabins are in one place, usually and it's really no problem Krys. You BE there, girl, and we'll take care of you!

sudo

Rascal:

Believe it or not, I recognized your hubby last year, even though I had only met him once ort twice back in 1981, that Nebraska-ness just doesn't wash off! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My WOWmobile, aka "Big Woody" should be easy to spot, it's a 17 year old fake wood sided brown(ish) station wagon with Nebraska plates.

Sudo - we're in a cabin or the inn?

We did some checking: Sudo and I will be in the inn, not a cabin. We both plan on having the means to keep the stew hot. I guess everyone can check at the inn for us when you get there - maybe we can leave a message at the desk.

Herbal, on one of the other threads you mentioned arriving by 3 as well, where are you staying?

Can you all sound off on who is staying where? Rascal, you're at the campsite, right?

• Rascal & tribe: campground
  • Oakspear & Sudo: da inn
  • Herbal: ?
  • WWJLA
  • BOWTWI & princess
  • maybe Krysilis -

Rascal - I'm still taking care of palsticware, including plates, cups, bowls, spoons, forks, trash bags etc, as well as a roaster full of sausage and peppers & onions

maybe we should use your cabin as the hang out...as long as your gonna be awake. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

it may be more condusive (is that spelled right?) to the opening festivities.

That is if you're gonna be there early too.

Watcha think?

Sudo & I will still provide the eats (and coffee)

Sure if I can find it icon_smile.gif:)-->

and yes I plan on being awake for most of the festivities provided they don't last past 2 or 3 am.

I will be driving from Columbus Ga so I may be a bit later (4 or so) but don;t let that stop ya'll from breaking out the better n sex stew and pa'r squeezings icon_biggrin.gif:D-->