GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast Roll Call & Post-Roast Thoughts & Pictures

Oakspear

The princess and I shall be there absolutely - we're bringing s'mores fixins and tuna noodle salad, juice boxes, and several other fine edibles that are escaping my mind at this moment.

At this point I'm not sure about any others riding with us, but it's a possibility!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak,

Geeze.. here you are having to count all by your lonesome icon_frown.gif:(-->. This is a very busy time of year for me as I have kids in school activities, Ole Miss alumni activities, local festival events, Midsouth Fair events. But I'm really looking forward to the roast next weekend. I hope we get a bigger turnout than it looks or I'll cook only one pot of better-than-sex stew!

sudo

Ten Days

Yeah Sudo, if we don't get some more people I may have to drink some extra pahr juice - speaking of which...what's happening with Hawk...is he comin'?

I was going to bring a batch of sausage, peppers and onions for the opening festivities, but don't look like we'll need it with this crowd.

How are we fixed for food for the rest of the weekend? Should I bring a batch anyway? (It's vacuum-packed, so it should travel well - just heat and serve)

Who's the roomie wwjla?

• Rascal & and maybe some of the 14th tribe
  • Oakspear
  • Sudo
  • Herbal
  • WWJLA & maybe a room mate
  • BOWTWI & princess

It'll be great to see everybody again I'm really looking forward to hearing everyones tales of the weird and obscure (which always tell better wif a touch of par squeezings) I have it on good word that the head dictator will actually be awake this year icon_eek.gif

Now we need a spot to meet up at, preferably in the camping area, Cath have you decided where you'd like to set up your tribe? Has anyone checked out the park?

Krys,

They have camp sites which are conducive to motor homes. Click on the link HERE! and see what they have.. look around the whole Falls Creek State Park site while you're there, too. The weather's becoming perfect for Fall with cool nights and temperate days. T'would be nice if you could make it.

sudo

welll - maybe I'm a weenie.....I am disabled, so distance could be an issue.....please tell me how much distance is there between where you guys are gonna hang out, and the campsite where I m-i-g-h-t park an RV!? estimate...I will not fire you if you're off by 10 feet - more or less icon_smile.gif:)-->

Krys...usually most stuff has been held at the campsites...but that was when Hawk was setting up....stuff has always been spontanious before.

Never fear there are usually folks to ferry the campers back and forth from the cabins if any unusual mischief is going on...

Please come.... I will have my camper.

It is under serious consideration. If things are then as they are now....I will be there. However, lots depend on how I'm doing when we get closer to the date. I'm not willing to promise....but I'll come as close to that as possible - given the nature of things.

I'll think of something to contribute for the good of all when we get there. I'm reluctant to say "I'll bring the brownies" because if I don't feel well enough.....there will be no brownies. I know you'll understand.