GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast Roll Call & Post-Roast Thoughts & Pictures

Oakspear

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in so much self pity that we couldn't go!!!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Such a beautiful Fall this year, too....!!!!!!!!

So MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

We're starting to get ready for next year now...

And thinking to have some sort of shindig/bon voyage thingy here to kick off a convoy for those coming through this way...

Something...

Ya know?

Weenies Over The World...

Was anyone commissioned to speak the gospel weenie roast???

ahhhhhHaaa...

this event is quite interesting considering why we were involved TWI...

i can only imagine the face to face fun conversations between people I have never ever met because i was involved TWI...

For some reason I am drawn to this fun next year~~~

Song

Official Pics

oak.jpgOakspear

rascal.jpgRascal

wwjla.jpgwwjesuslaughat

herbal1.jpgHerbiejuan

herbal2.jpgherbiejuan

sudofire.jpgSudo & hair dryer

bunnysud.jpgHerbal giving Sudo bunny ears

sudofall.jpgSudo with Falls in background

ahat.jpgAHAT

rasherb.jpgHerbal & Rascal

herbcam.jpgHerbal, mini-Herb, Oakspear

superah.jpgAHAT flexing

sudo.jpgSudo mugging

falls.jpgthe falls

rasclan.jpgrascal's kids

brought to you by the sudo

Edited by Sudo

The miniherb and I made it back a few hours ago and we had a WONDERFUL time icon_smile.gif:)-->

It is so great to set and chat with folks and see how life has blessed us so well, life is indeed a journey and a good one too icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm sorry for those that missed it because it was a time of healing fun and adventure that one should not miss if at all possible.

Thanks guys for making this such a sweet fun time

Mikey icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I arrived home about 2:30 this afternoon, but had to drop off the roaster and coffee pot at work and of course stopping off to see my beloved reikilady was on the agenda! Then there was laundry and tallying up the debit card receipts...well, I'm home safe and sound...and this year's winner of "The Weenie Who Travelled the Farthest" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

dmiller, I don't know about that weather report, but we had pretty much constant rain, but plenty of fun anyway! When I get my pics developed, I'll send them to Sudo for posting.

One thing you can't see on the back of rascal's RV is that it says "Rascal and the 14th Tribe! - in case ya hadn't figggered it out, all but two of the young'uns are hers (and one of those is a friend of her son's)

This year's roast wasn't as "wild" as last year's, but I had a blast. The smaller group made for a more intimate setting, and allowed more heart-to-heart conversations. Sudo, as usual, was an excellent room mate, and I got to talk quite a bit more with Herbal and Rascal than I did last year. I was pleasantly surprised that AHAT was there, and it was a treat to meet wwjesuslaughat.

I'm kinda tired, but I plan on posting some thoughts tomorrow.

Oh, and Song: you would not have been too much icon_wink.gif;)--> - hope to see ya next year.

Daryl,

I am the stunning brunette in the burgundy sweatshirt and on the left side of the camper. I'll let everybody else describe themselves as they wish.

I had a wonderful time. Let me say publically, THANK YOU, fellow Weenies, for welcoming me so warmly into your group. I wasn't sure how things would go, I mean, it can get a little intense here on the forums, and I'm pretty mild here, but I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with each and every one of you.

Oak, it was a treat to hear your mellifluous (sp?) voice talking about our common interests in music. I'll know what kind of voice to attach to the posts from now on.

Sudo, the better than sex stew lived up to its name. Not that I had the opportunity to make a side-by-side comparison, but well, maybe next year. Thank you for educating me in the avenues of political terminology.

AHAT, what a treat to talk about (and to) people we know. Someone is just going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the Weenie roast next year.

Herbie, I'm so impressed with your desire to help people and your desire to leave this world a better place than you found it. Your gentle spirit was very soothing. I'm so glad miniherbal was able to make it as well. I know you enjoyed the company.

Ah, Rascal. Our own lovable "Agent of Darkness". I wasn't quite sure what to expect after reading some of your posts and seeing the passion and intensity of your convictions. What I saw after meeting you and talking to you, is a woman who absolutely believes in what she is saying and is moved in the depth of her heart to reach out and help those who are hurting, while continuing to fight for her own healing and peace of mind. You are truly an amazing woman. Your tribe is lovely. They captured my heart. I don't quite know what all the sacrificing goats was about, but I went along with it. I really question the necessity of dancing naked around a big, roaring bonfire, too. I'd rather stick to burning popcorn over an open flame.

Anyway, I was reminded of how one-dimensional the internet is, despite what a great communication tool it is. I mean, it just can't convey the full range of communication, since it misses vocal inflections, body language, facial expressions, even gestures. It's hard many times to fully understand what someone is trying to say, or their intentions behind the words. And too often we forget that while some of us may have the luxury of posting anytime we want in complete silence and total freedom, others of us are posting while trying to herd kids to bed, pay bills, do the laundry, and so many time consuming mundane chores of life.

This is a respectful, open forum where people of many opinions can post without recrimination. I saw that so much more at the Weenie roast. We're all at different points in our journey, but we can stop and see where other people are in theirs. I hope we continue in our curiousity and hope to better ourselves and the people we come in contact with.

Oh, and next year, there will be music! Even if I have to take up an instrument, which really is a last resort. Believe me, you want someone around who already knows how to play something. So all you pickers and grinners, tune up and save up!

As One of the Offcial First Weenie Roasters I apologize fer not makin it there this year, I was really planing on makin' it there. I went mule ridin' this year out in tha Ozark's the week before and got home Sat am wif two broken ribs an a sore *** an couldn't make it. I can see from tha photo's it was my loss! I am still nursin them ribs, so ya'll say a rib blessin' fer me!

I got kicked by a mule,,,,,theymake sore ribs,,,,,but not near as bad as a scar as TWI. Sure am sorry I missed ya's.